Telstra directory assistance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
From an email I got and the number works.

Sensis, as you may or may not know, is a subsidiary of Telstra. The 1234 number is replacing the Telstra 12456 directory assistance number, but this time with outrageous costs attached: 40c to call the number, then 4c A SECOND!

By law, Telstra have to provide a FREE directory assistance number, because they are still majority owned by the government. They choose however not to pass this number on to the public.
What's the number?........... 1223

Thumbs up to Telstra for finding a way to charge for a service that is supposed to be provided for free.

Yeah mate, I already knew about this number... but i guess it is info that should be passed on to the fellow hard workers out there.

Telstra is about profit and shareholders rather than service to the community. Don't think it will get any better once it is fully privatised.

Same goes with all privatisation. Short term gain for long term pain. Snowy River scheme and NSW Labor are about to see the same debacle.

To be honest, I don't care if Telstra is privatised, with one proviso:

Telstra should not get ownership of the lines by default. All of those lines and exchanges and whatnot were not paid for by Telstra, they were paid for by you and I.

Telstra should 100% privatise but all of the hardware should default to a non-profit group that is set up by all carriers. That group should then charge all of the carriers as necessary to maintain and extend the hardware.

Telstra should have just as much access to the lines as any other carrier, but no more. Like I said: Telstra does not own those lines. We do.

Doing it this way, Telstra will finally have to compete as opposed to their normal 'wholesale rates are greater than normal retail rates' bull****.

To be honest, I don't care if Telstra is privatised, with one proviso:

Telstra should not get ownership of the lines by default. All of those lines and exchanges and whatnot were not paid for by Telstra, they were paid for by you and I.

Telstra should 100% privatise but all of the hardware should default to a non-profit group that is set up by all carriers. That group should then charge all of the carriers as necessary to maintain and extend the hardware.

Telstra should have just as much access to the lines as any other carrier, but no more. Like I said: Telstra does not own those lines. We do.

Doing it this way, Telstra will finally have to compete as opposed to their normal 'wholesale rates are greater than normal retail rates' bull****.
Great post Narc but it will never happen - not under a Liberal Government! :)0

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4