Tech Guru needed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thx GE. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Everything you said above is correct. The weird thing is, is that the DT is indicating that I am connected to the net. Signal strength is good and says is connected. But web pages and emails dont load. I think you are right in that something is blocking it in the process somewhere along the line. The other weird thing is that it started to load emails the other night then stopped. Had enough time to load one email and then stopped. I am getting close to taking @Harvies elbow advice :(
Mate I can't remember what advice that was but even if I could I wouldn't be taking it...

Most likely there is an issue with it routing wifi connections through a proxy of some sort?
Failing that even though you are on NBN most routers do come with a maximum (usually 20) devices configured, so if you ave printers, phones, computers and tables you may be at that limit

Tried everything mate still no good. One dude thinks maybe router. Router supplied by ISP so probably not of the highest quality but works ok with other devices. So who knows.....

Wow. I hate computer probs like your scenario but there's a sick "almost need" to find out how they are solved.

I'm travelling at the moment and had to do the "change internet protocol v 4 " to seek ip address automatically thingie that I think I said last page.

But I dunno. You have a computer that works fine at work and a router that works fine at home.... the two should meet happily!

On the router check what it is broadcasting at. Is it set to 2.4ghz or 5ghz?

Try setting it to 2.4ghz

Also check if it is set to a/b or just something like n.

It may be this computer has an older wifi chip/card that can’t connect properly on one of those channels.

Same thing may happen with it either being unable to or only able to use ipv6 make sure your modem can use both ipv6 and ipv4

Failing all that buy a cheap eBay USB wireless thingy and use that instead of the inbuilt card or chip

If it helps...

The other day I noticed that for no rhyme or reason... all my saved bookmarks disappeared.

Two things:
1) I had about 200 of them, and
2) I never knew you could back them up easy as!

So I've tried pretty much everything but nope, they are gone gone gone! It's almost rates as a ****ing disaster!

- misery loves company!

@Clint

try this @Clint

go to your command prompt

then type:

ipconfig/flushdns
still no good.
Thanks though GE.
Im thinking maybe router.
I am currently using a wireless USB for my connection. @Dan
It works fine as am still having to hotspot my phone.
Again on this desktop only.
Everything else works fine. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

still no good.
Thanks though GE.
Im thinking maybe router.
I am currently using a wireless USB for my connection. @Dan
It works fine as am still having to hotspot my phone.
Again on this desktop only.
Everything else works fine. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

:( sorry mate. Boat anchor it and get all new stuff.

Check on the router if you have MAC filtering on.

Troubleshooting routers is annoying because they are mostly just rubbish

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6