Teams (ho hum)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
If we can't beat the rabble the Knoights are putting on the field then we might as well pack up and give the year away.

NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS v MANLY SEA EAGLES at EnergyAustralia Stadium, 7.30pm
KNIGHTS: Kurt Gidley, James McManus, Wes Naiqama, Adam MacDougall, Cooper Vuna, Jarrod Mullen, Scott Dureau, Daniel Tolar, Danny Buderus (capt), Jesse Royal, Chris Houston, Cameron Ciraldo, Zeb Taia. Interchange: Matt Hilder, Cory Paterson, Richard Faaoso, Danny Wicks, Matthew White, Keith Lulia, Chris Bailey (three to be omitted)

SEA EAGLES: Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Steve Bell, David Vaealiki, Michael Bani, Jamie Lyon, Matt Orford (capt), Jason King, Matt Ballin, Brent Kite, Anthony Watmough, Glenn Stewart, Steve Menzies. Interchange: Luke Williamson, Josh Perry, Adam Cuthbertson, Mark Bryant, Heath L'Estrange.

Referee: Ben Cummins

Sea Eagles Toyota Cup Team: Rhys Wolloghan, John Grey (c), Mark Page, Jake Lingard, Bodie O’Connell, Kieran Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans, Ilija Radan, Jamie Buhrer, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Kenny Edwards, Michael Tiopira, Zac Bowles
Interchange: Jai Jones-Wiegold, Matt Grieve, Darcy Lussick, Santana Palmer, Inoke Tapaatoutai, Lincoln Gutherson, Todd Wilson

Sea Eagles NSW Cup Team: David Williams, Sean Meaney, Shane Neumann, Jon Grieve, Andrew Suniula, Nick Bradley-Qalilawa, Jeff Robson, Phil Morwood, Trent Rose, Glenn Hall, Jack Afamasaga, Vic Mauro, Jason Wells
Interchange: Ray Nasso, Chris Trembath, Tim Browne, Mark Offerdahl, Gideon Mzembe, Junior Palau

Jared Waerea-Hargreaves back into the Toyota cup run on team
Nick Bradley-Qalilawa 5/8 for cup team ??

Nick is one of the only blokes that was talking and getting fired up, if he can do the job maybe he deserves a crack at it.

Gotta agree with Matabele.
Same side, ho hum. I suppose there was not gonna be any wholesale changes.
We have let so many halves go in the last few years, yet kept the faith with the OX. Not saying I would have kept all of them. But GEEZ, the OX hasn't produced on a consistent basis. We should expect a top 4 finish from now on, that is our expectation. With the INSISTENCE of picking Lyon at 5/8th, its just pure madness. He was  one of the best centres in the game, (Proved it when he was playing there in some games  last year),and now, tagged " most over rated". He reads the papers, and I'm sure it effects his game. We all see it don't we?
What have we got in reserves?? NBQ at 5/8th?? Arr hahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

Dont forget Robson, who has been a perennial reserve grade 1/2 for, what 4 years???
Man, we should have offered that punk from Canberra a million a season...Its SO obvious where we are short.

Now I hear we should place Menzies at 5/8th!!! The man is a true LEGEND, he ain't no 5/8th

I wonder how much game time Willo and Bryant will get this week?
10 minutes for Willo last week. Can ANYONE explain the logic? I dare you...

DES, DON'T TURN ME INTO A CLONE MATABELE CYNIC!!!

I will not stand for mediocrity!!!

Look at it this way. He has basically picked the side that came 2nd last year, who didn't fire in week 1 of the new season.

It could be seen as a panic move if Des was to make wholesale changes.

I think there's mainly one or two changes/ommissions that people are wanting and most wanted it to happen last season.

Maybe Vaeliki will get the chop or should I say I hope it is him who drops out.

There is noting in P/L who will help us solve the halves issue, yoi have to look at Under 20s IMO

The Wheel link said:
Maybe Vaeliki will get the chop or should I say I hope it is him who drops out.

There is noting in P/L who will help us solve the halves issue, yoi have to look at Under 20s IMO

You won't see Keiran Foran in NRL this year.  He is only 17 and still eligible for S G Ball so Des will not consider him for at least another year or two proboably until end of 2009 when Orford's contract expires.

The only value i can see with willo on th bench is, Lets say we are Leading with about 30 odd minutes to go or less, You take of an attacking player and replace them with a defensive player. But in the case when we are trailing as we were Vsing Cronulla well there isnt much use for him at all.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4