Teams for this week

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Rabbitohs vs Sea Eagles - Team Line-up
14/08/2007
By Manly Sea Eagles

Coach Des Hasler has named a similar line-up to last week. Travis Burns has been listed in the number 19 jersey on a seven man bench including Ballin, Hall, Cuthbertson, Afamasaga, Halden and Wells.

SEA EAGLES NRL TEAM: Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Steve Bell, Steve Menzies, Chris Hicks, Jamie Lyon, Matt Orford ©, Mark Bryant, Michael Monaghan, Brent Kite, Anthony Watmough, Glenn Stewart, Luke Williamson
Interchange: Matt Ballin, Glenn Hall, Adam Cuthbertson, Jack Afamasaga, Clint Halden, Travis Burns, Jason Wells (3 players to be omitted)

Sea Eagles Premier League: Dean Connell, Tom Joseph, Andrew Everingham, Scott Burns, Michael Bani, Nick Bradley-Qalilawa, James Mortimer, Chris Trembath, Sam Key, Sione Finefeuiaki, Vic Mauro, Mark Offerdahl, Sean Rath
Interchange: Tim Mortimer, Adam Shaw, Bede Tuohy, Todd Barrow, Phil Morwood*

Sea Eagles Jersey Flegg: K J Mackenzie, John Grey, Jon Grieve, Harry Berryman, Lincoln Gutherson, Shane Neumann, Kieran Foran, Illija Radan, J P Hawach, Inoke Tapaatoutai, Hayden Stevens, Darcy Lussick, Trent Rose
Interchange: Matt Hastie, Jack Pona, Junior Palau, Santana Palmer, Darrell Jang, Pat North

* Good to see Phil Morwood back after a long layoff with injury.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Interested to see that Neumann has gone back to Flegg at 5/8. Maybe because PL are out of the running. Also Groom not listed, injured or left out because of impending move ?

Travis Burns should shift back to Premier League and get some match fitness first. And he should learn how to pass whilst he's there.

Souths side is as follows

The Rabbitohs NRL side is:

1. Nathan Merritt
2. Fetuli Talanoa
3. Nigel Vagana
4. Yileen Gordon
5. Paul Mellor
6. Joe Williams
7. Jeremy Smith
8. Peter Cusack (c)
9. Issac Luke
10. Roy Asotasi (c)
11. John Sutton
12. David Fa’alogo
13. Ben Rogers

Interchange:

14. Shane Rigon
15. Dean Widders
16. Luke Stuart
17. Michael Greenfield

With our defence and their attack, we should get the 2 points. No game is easy but even I will settle for a 1-0 win!

Although the eels could do us a favour and tip over the storm, if we put a few on the chocolate bunnies then we may be heading the pack come monday night!

We need to keep the pedal on the metal all game as I think the slimey eees will get over the Storm.

We'll beat the bunnies easily but probably lose to the warriors next week and that will be our only lose for the rest of the season.

I hope burns doesn't get another look in.

We can't be rewarding blokes who are having tantrums and leaving. Give Ballin as much time as possible given he's our man next season.

I would hate to see Burns pick up a premiership after a little dummy spit and 6 months of pneumonia.

Question Flip, what if it was Jamie Lyon or Brett Stewart leaving the club. Would you not play them? You cant leave him out simply because he is leaving.

Im not saying throw him straight back in by any means, but if his form warrants selection then he should play.

He's hardly in their league clon.

He's second best in every position he could be played in.

Third best.

Five-eighth- Menzies, Lyon
Halfback- Orford, Monaghan
Hooker- Monaghan, Ballin

Unless you include bench :p

Appears Orford may not be playing (to rest injured leg), Burns not expected to be ready either. Ballin looks like going straight in at Hooker, Monas to half.

Smart move re Orford, we dont want to put in Orford unless he is 100% as we need him fit for the finals, if we lose the game as a result its not the end of the world.

Interested to see that Neumann has gone back to Flegg at 5/8. Maybe because PL are out of the running. Also Groom not listed, injured or left out because of impending move ?

Groom broke his ankle last week. His playing days at Manly are over.

Confirmed. Groom is gone. He won't be playing till into the preseason next year. Has been promised a half-back position at the Dogs, though not necessarily in first grade one would think.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4