Team this week

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ads

Bencher
WATMOUGH BACK FOR KNIGHTS CLASH

Manly coach Des Hasler has rushed young State of Origin forward Anthony Watmough straight into the starting lineup for Sunday's big clash against the Newcastle Knights at Energy Stadium in Newcastle.

Watmough has been sidelined since the Bulldogs match at Brookvale on June 26.

His inclusion in the second row with Steve Menzies allows the powerful back row trio of Watmough, Menzies and Ben Kennedy to be reunited.

The Origin representatives are vital to Manly's semi final hopes.

With Watmough back in the forwards, versatile Luke Williamson has been chosen at five eighth alongside skipper Michael Monaghan.

Five replacements have been named with one to drop out by kick off time on Sunday.

The Manly NRL side is: Brett Stewart, Paul Stephenson, Terry Hill, Ashley Alberts, Chris Hicks, Luke Williamson, Michael Monaghan (c), Jason King, Chad Randall, Brent Kite, Anthony Watmough, Steve Menzies, Ben Kennedy.
Replacements: Shayne Dunley, Nathan Tutt, Sam Harris, Kylie Leuluai, Mark Bryant(one to be omitted).

-------------------------------------------------------------

Looks good. Makes sense to have Willo at 5/8. Dropp Tutt off the bench and this is the team that I would name.

I say Tutt will miss out as well, although I wonder if Chad will be under pressure.

Back to our strongest side again.

Willow at 5/8 is a great move.

I King plays well we should win

Looks like Tutt will be dropped if Chad has been named in the starting side

I say Tutt will miss out as well, although I wonder if Chad will be under pressure.

Good point. Start with Willo at hooker, then an extra forward on teh field. Later on put Dunley on and drop Willo to 5/8 to give more attacking option. Just an idea?

what a great position to be in, thought Tutt played well against Broncos.

only other option was Willow to #9 but i guess Chad saved his neck last week.

will all have to play to their best against the Knights up there, no Brooky fortress to hold the knights at bay!

[quote author=The Wheel]

Good point. Start with Willo at hooker, then an extra forward on teh field. Later on put Dunley on and drop Willo to 5/8 to give more attacking option. Just an idea?
[/quote]

I think it is a good idea Ads but I have a feeling Des would not be so keen on it.

I agree PEPSI in regards to Tutt having the best game I have "seen" him play on Sunday ...unfortunately I don't think he will be rewarded for it though

Newcastle side is

Milton Thaiday
Trent Salkeld
Matthew Gidley
George Carmont
Anthony Quinn
Bradley Tighe
Andrew Johns ©
Craig Smith
Danny Buderus
Josh Perry
Steve Simpson
Clint Newton
Reegan Tanner
INTERCHANGE

Adam Woolnough
Todd Lowrie
Daniel Tolar
Dustin Cooper
Matthew White
Riley Brown

Josh Perry playing. Should be very interesting. I may have to hang around in the carpark after the game.

I thought King warranted this weeks inclusion with his last start Mata.

Heckenberg is a prop, while Tutt is a second rower. Tutt would be named IN CASE Watmough pulls out of the team.

I'd personally like to see Styles in there for Bryant for just ONE game this season.

What are those imposters King Tutt doing there ahead of Heckenberg?

Heckenberg struggled abit in PL, while King and Tutt were both good in First Grade. Could be a reason.

have to agree with volley - hecks looked ok, but wasnt killing them by any means, looked to be a little undersone still so im not suprised that with bryant doing the job hecks is left down there to get his form going

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4