Team Selection

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I don't mind Baz but gee I think he is barking up the wrong tree with some of these team selections (I know injuries forced his hand this week but moving forward he needs to make some tough calls). He needs to pick the best athletes and stop picking players on experience or reputation. It's rare that I ever fall into the line of thinking that team selection is the issue, but I am beginning to think that in this case, it is.

It won't happen but when fully fit and ready...

1. Tom T
2. Taufua
3. Walker
4. Kelly
5. Suli
6. Hastings
7. DCE

8. AFB
9. Api (needs to play 80 mins)
10. Taupau
11. Thompson
12. Gosie
13. Jake T

14. Brown/Fainu
15. Lane
16. Perrett
17. Lussick

This backline is a mixture of size and speed...gone would be Uate drop balls...Croker is not directing this team around and supplying a kicking option; Hastings can. Croker is not capable of playing off the bench as a hooker. We would be better served with Poo or Fainu (@pjayz) (a utility that can cover the backs and the forwards). Lussick is on the nose and wants out but unless we sign a replacement (we are looking at one from the Eels), he needs to be on the bench supplying some grunt.

Last edited:
Same as I would pick, except I would like Fainu as the utility if I could pick anyone. I don’t think he needs to cover the backrow - we have three other bench forwards for that.

Fainu can cover hooker and halves. We have Thompson or Gosie who could slot into the centres if we lost a back.

Same as I would pick, except I would like Fainu as the utility if I could pick anyone. I don’t think he needs to cover the backrow - we have three other bench forwards for that.

Fainu can cover hooker and halves. We have Thompson or Gosie who could slot into the centres if we lost a back.
I like that idea too.

I think the key message is "when fully fit", but that team seems reasonable.

On todays performance we really can't carry 2 wrights. They did nothing horribly wrong, but are 1st grade passengers at best.

Our mate Froggy, on the other hand, understands the plays and is not in wrong positions for the most, but he is being found wanting when pressure is applied. I know the "just a kid" story, but if we give 6-8 weeks on him this year to not make the grade we are timewarped back into 2016.

What happened to Marty and Jake today though? Not a great day to both have as the official "off" day.

Why on Earth isn't Hastings getting a run at #6?

Having Hastings at #9 and Koroisau at #6 was bewildering when Croker was off the field.

Hopefully our season isn't over before Barrett finally puts in a #6 who can guide the team around. It doesn't look like Croker is that person.

Drop Uate to Blacktown for a week and see how he responds because at the minute he is slipping into old habits. Give young wright a taste.. who knows he might just make everyone eat their own words
You are judging that on the head shot that caused him to drop the ball. On most other occasions that would have drawn a penalty.
Apart from that he played quite well today. He was a hell of a lot better than our other winger.

You are judging that on the head shot that caused him to drop the ball. On most other occasions that would have drawn a penalty.
Apart from that he played quite well today. He was a hell of a lot better than our other winger.
No I’m not I’m judging him on every game he has played since the panthers final last year. In which, he has imo made far too many errors. Like the Akuila of Newcastle which also seen him dropped to reserve grade in the end. Sometimes when the punches are being thrown it pays to parry one early

I don't mind Baz but gee I think he is barking up the wrong tree with some of these team selections (I know injuries forced his hand this week but moving forward he needs to make some tough calls). He needs to pick the best athletes and stop picking players on experience or reputation. It's rare that I ever fall into the line of thinking that team selection is the issue, but I am beginning to think that in this case, it is.

It won't happen but when fully fit and ready...

1. Tom T
2. Taufua
3. Walker
4. Kelly
5. Suli
6. Hastings
7. DCE

8. AFB
9. Api (needs to play 80 mins)
10. Taupau
11. Thompson
12. Gosie
13. Jake T

14. Brown/Fainu
15. Lane
16. Perrett
17. Lussick

This backline is a mixture of size and speed...gone would be Uate drop balls...Croker is not directing this team around and supplying a kicking option; Hastings can. Croker is not capable of playing off the bench as a hooker. We would be better served with Poo or Fainu

I hate to brake it to you but Finau is not your bench option He is short tempered in reggies getting sent for 10in the bin He is also not a team player IMO he just does what he wants when he wants has to learn a lot more discipline before he can be a first grader

I hate to brake it to you but Finau is not your bench option He is short tempered in reggies getting sent for 10in the bin He is also not a team player IMO he just does what he wants when he wants has to learn a lot more discipline before he can be a first grader

I Like your team.

I would still consider Croker at 14. He is a decent defender, can pass and can cover backline and hooker. Api is a 80min hooker and if need Croker can play 15 mins if needed.

Jet ski and lane can both cover injuries in the forwards.

Lussick is gone, that's evident by him not playing, so no point naming him.

I'd have a bench of Croker, Lane, paseka and Jet ski.

Also suli bigger issue is attitude, and hopefully he gets things together under baz.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8