Team news: 2GB!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Blunty

Reserve Grader
Ballin to drop off bench, what is Des doing!

1. Robertson
2. NBQ
3. Neumann
4. Menzies
5. Hicks
6. Burns
7. Orford
8. King
9. Monaghan
10. Bryant
11. Watmough
12. Stewart
13. Williamson

15. Hall
16. Sione
17. Afamasaga
18. Cuthbertson

I suppose at least we get to see both the islanders get a run on the bench.

Thats the first time Ive seen Des drop the 18th man off before game day.

Either ballin must be crook or this is a ploy ?

I can only assume he thinks we need the extra forward muscle to bash the young inexperienced dragons pack.

FMD

Some of you boys deadset have pictures of M. Ballin in your wallet.

Get over it.. he's not our saviour for christ sake.

Well he is a very handsome man Nutz and he also adds alot to the team imo, we are a better outfit when he is the 17.

Get over it.. he's not our saviour for christ sake.

FMD. I dont see anyone is suggesting that he is Nutz.

FMD. Comments have been centred on the fact we 4 large forwards on the bench with no back replacements.

I would probably have Ballin in the 17, but am excited about seeing both the PL boys having a go

In terms of back replacements, it makes absolutely no difference. Ballin is a forward that can only play hooker, was no cover at all for any back dramas. If i read it right Watmough was going to be our centre cover in an weather Ballin is there or not.

I see what Nutz is saying too, from what is said about Ballin on here he should be on about 800k for next season ;)

If one of our backs are injured then I can only think that Des will put choc there (or cuthbo on the wing). !pray: !pray: !pray:

I am really looking forward to seeing what Jack A and Sione can do. I hope they smash the faggot dragon pack to peices.

In terms of back replacements, it makes absolutely no difference. Ballin is a forward that can only play hooker, was no cover at all for any back dramas. If i read it right Watmough was going to be our centre cover in an weather Ballin is there or not.

If a back goes down, we can move Ballin into hooker to free up Monaghan into the halves and burns into one of the other positions.

He doesn't need to be a direct cover for an injury. Having the ability to free up an extra position I would have thought would be important considering beaver is already in center. Right now, nobody off the bench can slot into a back line.

Watmough could move back but I would rather see him in the second row considering his current for. That would be like removing our major strike weapon this weekend.

lets face it the Hooker/utility forward we have been running with has been getting little or no time anyway , 20 mins if that.

so better off gambling with 4 fowards who will all get good time on trhe field.

oh yeah forgot....FMD!!!

FMD, I'd rather Bani on the wing for NBQ. Or even Hicks to the centres and Neumann drops out. I'd like to see what he can do.

[quote author=Kiwi Eagle]

If a back goes down, we can move Ballin into hooker to free up Monaghan into the halves and burns into one of the other positions.

He doesn't need to be a direct cover for an injury. Having the ability to free up an extra position I would have thought would be important considering beaver is already in center. Right now, nobody off the bench can slot into a back line.

Watmough could move back but I would rather see him in the second row considering his current for. That would be like removing our major strike weapon this weekend.

[/quote]

With Ballin on the bench the same scenario occurs of no-one being able to slot into the backline, it was exactly the same as most weeks this year when we have had a hooker on the bench.

Using the scenario above where you fitted Ballin into the side, Monaghan to 6, and Burns to plug the hole, we were then looking at Burns in the centres or something. I would rather see Watmough in the centres and Afamasaga in the 2nd row.

The only area i think we lose leaving Ballin off the bench is if 1 of Monaghan or Burns goes down. My guess would be that Williamson would be Des' stopgap for 6 and 13 in that scenario, which isnt ideal

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4