Team Lists

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bailey a ball playing forward? Give me a break, we bought the guy as a number 6 and there is a reason he playing in the forwards and that's because he's **** at 5/8th and an average 1st grade player.

The only reason I want him at centre is because Des won't drop him and he's well away from the ball close to the line. When he comes on or he gets in the way, hogs the ball or drops it. 

Just got the members insider email from the club. Foran is named at 5/8 but interestingly, right under the team sheet it lists the clubs injuries and says "Kieran Foran - Shoulder - Out for season"

The Gronk link said:
Bailey vs Gasnier - who do you think would win that battle?

Gasnier vs Farrar
Gasnier vs Willaims

Who do you think will win the battle? Out of the 3 Bailey might just be ahead of T-rex and Farrar in defence, but whoever you put there is going to have trouble.

We'd have a better attacking option with Farrar at 5/8th than bailey imo.

Bailey will be absolutely miles behind in defence - as he was this year when he was put in the centres briefly - he's got no pace.  You're forgetting we'd have to fill a slot in the back row as well. 

It won't matter what happens at 5/8 if Gasnier is walking through the centres every time he gets the ball.  DCE at 5/8, Farrer at centre, Bailey in the forwards for mine. 

swoop link said:
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=185162.msg292221#msg292221 date=1283928574]
Bailey vs Gasnier - who do you think would win that battle?

Gasnier vs Farrar
Gasnier vs Willaims

Who do you think will win the battle? Out of the 3 Bailey might just be ahead of T-rex and Farrar in defence, but whoever you put there is going to have trouble.

We'd have a better attacking option with Farrar at 5/8th than bailey imo.
[/quote]

No no no.Neither Farrar nor Bailey should be at 5/8. And Bailey a better defender at Centre than Farrar... please.

Bailey cannot read the play when defending at centre. They run rings around him. It's not his natural position and never will be. Farrar is more versatile in that position.

We need Lyon in the centres. Even though it's only 1 spot further out from the ruck then 5/8 it's a massive difference. His reading of the play is like watching poetry. And we need him inside t-rex.

The Gronk link said:
Bailey will be absolutely miles behind in defence - as he was this year when he was put in the centres briefly - he's got no pace.  You're forgetting we'd have to fill a slot in the back row as well. 

It won't matter what happens at 5/8 if Gasnier is walking through the centres every time he gets the ball.  DCE at 5/8, Farrer at centre, Bailey in the forwards for mine. 

Won't matter who's in the centres they going to get caught out, Bailey was, Williams and Farrar were aswell.

And I'd put seu seu at lock, he been playing 5/8th for the scse and probably have better skills than Bailey. Wherever you put Bailey he's going to be a liability.

swoop link said:
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=185162.msg292235#msg292235 date=1283932598]

Won't matter who's in the centres they going to get caught out, Bailey was, Williams and Farrar were aswell.

And I'd put seu seu at lock, he been playing 5/8th for the scse and probably have better skills than Bailey. Wherever you put Bailey he's going to be a liability.
[/quote]

All I can say is I am glad you aren't picking the side. 

Dan link said:
Not because he is a good 5/8 but because he is a big unit, he just ran over the top of the smaller guys.
that is precisely why I'd like to see him at least alternate between wing and 5/8. Just to pressure/hammer Soward.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
What was so wrong with Bailey's game in the 13 last weekend ?
I didn't think there was that much wrong with it. I just don't think there was a lot right with it either. He looks lost and runs sideways a fair bit. If you've got to put him somewhere lock would probably be it. Defensively it would be easier on him and he is rather safe. No impact off the bench either!

Fonz link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=185162.msg292254#msg292254 date=1283936225]
What was so wrong with Bailey's game in the 13 last weekend ?
I didn't think there was that much wrong with it. I just don't think there was a lot right with it either. He looks lost and runs sideways a fair bit. If you've got to put him somewhere lock would probably be it. Defensively it would be easier on him and he is rather safe. No impact off the bench either!
[/quote]

I feel sorry for Bailey - he really doesnt have a position he just used as a back up for who ever injuried - next year in the backrow he will do well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6