Team Lists

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dessy

Reserve Grader
SUNDAY
St George Illawarra Dragons v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles

St George Illawarra Dragons: Darius Boyd, Brett Morris, Mark Gasnier, Matt Cooper, Jason Nightingale, Jamie Soward, Ben Hornby, Neville Costigan, Dean Young, Michael Weyman, Beau Scott, Ben Creagh, Jeremy Smith. Interchange from: Nathan Fien, Trent Merrin, Matt Prior, Jarrod Saffy, Nick Emmett, Jon Green, Luke Priddis, Kyle Stanley.

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles: Will Hopoate, Michael Robertson, Jamie Lyon, Ben Farrar, Tony Williams, Kieran Foran, Trent Hodkinson, Brent Kite, Matt Ballin, Josh Perry, Anthony Watmough, Joe Galuvao, Chris Bailey. Interchange from: Terence Seu Seu, Matt Cross, George Rose, Jamie Buhrer, Daly Cherry-Evans, Michael Oldfield, Vic Mauro.

For more information, click the relevant link to the right to hear what each of the eight Week 1 Finals captains had to say at the Captain's Call about their team's chances this week.

We'll be competitive and I think we'll win.  Weyman and Creagh are their danger men.

Still no idea what the final line up will be. I can't see Bailey replacing foran at 6, because we havent got enough forwards. Looks as though Seu Seu or Cherry Evans will get a run at five eigth?

7 man bench does not bode well.

I would like to see Bhurer play lock

looks alot stronger then i was thinking we would name , i think we need to really put a decent lead on them before the 1st lot of interchanges , just think we might lack a bit off the bench

Referees: Jared Maxwell and Jason Robinson
Sideline Officials: David Abood and Luke Potter
Video Referee: Paul Simpkins
Standby Referee: Alan Shortall
Standby Sideline Official: Grant Atkins

1. Will Hopoate
2. Michael Robertson
3. Tony Williams
4. Ben Farrar
5. Michael Oldfield
6. Jamie Lyon
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Brent Kite
9. Matt Ballin
10. Josh Perry
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Joe Galuvao
13. Chris Bailey

14. Matt Cross
15. George Rose
16. Jamie Buhrer
17. Vic Mauro

Not as bad as i thought. Lyon at 5/8th will be good.

If Tony Williams is at centre we will lose by 60 as the dragons back line will run around him all afternoon.  At least on the wing he only has their winger to run around him. 

Would rather bailey at 5/8 and Mauro in the second row. 

How bout T-Rex at 5/8?  After all he has won a premiership playing in that position, and has been saving himself all season for the big games.

The only reason i like Killer at 5/8th is that he will give us some much needed direction, and will be very busy. His kicking game is 20 times better than Bailey as well.

Let's examine the 20 named. We know Foran is definetley out, Choc has said he will play, and doubts still hang over Galuvau and Kite. Assume they come through as well, does Des throw a young half in to play 5/8 in his first NRL game in a final, or play Killer. My guess is the following 17 will line up on Sunday:
1. Hoppa
2. Robbo
3. Farrar
4. Bailey
5. Oldfield
6. Lyon
7. Hodkinson
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. Perry
11. Whatmough
12. Galuvau
13. Williams
Bench:
Rose
Cross
SeuSeu
Buhrer

Bailey to centre for his defence over Williams against Cooper/Gasnier. Oldfield played Dragons 3 weeks ago and showed he can play against them.

The x-factor for us in this game would be T-Rex moving to forwards, and I really think when SeuSeu comes on. We have really missed a Le'Estrange type player this year who comes on when opposition players are tired. If we get away to a good start, then St Chokers might panic, and they have shown this year they can't play well when they are behind.

Interesting also to note that they have name 21 players. Maybe both coaches are playing mind games, or Drags have concerns as well which are not public.

1. Will Hopoate
2. Michael Robertson
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Ben Farrar
5. Michael Oldfield
6. Trent Hodkinson
7. Daly Evans
8. Brent Kite
9. Matt Ballin
10. Josh Perry
11. Tony Williams
12. Joe Galuvao
13. Anthony Watmough

14. Matt Cross
15. George Rose
16. Seu Seu
17. Chris Bailey

Id love to see that.

I think Ballin is in some of the worst form hes been since at the club.. and maybe Seu Seu can come on and spark us if hes struggling again.

T-Rex 5/8 maybe, hasn't Seu Seu been playing 5/8 for the SCSE too, another option.
IMO Hoppa, Robbo, Farrar, Lyon, Williams, Seu Seu, Hodko, Bailey, Joe, Watmough, Perry, Ballin, Kite 
Inter- Rose, Cross, Buhrer, Oldfield

If you want T-Rex at 5/8, move Oldfield to the wing and Seu Seu to the bench.

01. William Hopoate
02. Michael Robertson
03. Chris Bailey
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Michael Oldfield
06. Ben Farrar
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Josh Perry
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Joe Galuvao
13. Terrence Seu Seu/Jamie Buhrer

14. Terrence Seu Seu/Jamie Buhrer
15. George Rose
16. Matt Cross
17. T Williams as a forward

I think Farrar has the ball skills to be a 5/8th. My team presumising Foran is out.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6