Team lists - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That game is no gauge on how we will go for the rest of the season, look at the backline we put on the park, how we were actually favourites for the game astounded me. Take away Robbos games and I would be surprised if the other 6 make up 100 games between them.

If anyone said pre season that we would beat a side with the backline we fielded today with Lockyer and Wallace directing the attack with the likes of Thaiday and Folau at them they would have been laughed off the site.

Expect more of the same next friday night as well when Prince and Campbell attack what is basically an under 20s backline

Kiwi Eagle link said:
If anyone said pre season that we would beat a side with the backline we fielded today with Lockyer and Wallace directing the attack with the likes of Thaiday and Folau at them they would have been laughed off the site.

5weeks ago that backline would have beat them.. 5weeks ago them same players were battling..except folau he might have been out  .. its just other teams are getting conditioned its mid season they know games go for 80 minutes.. when are we going to start..

5 weeks ago Whare and Hopoate were in Toyota Cup and Williams wasn't playing in the centres

We played the same footy today at the 20min mark as we were playing for the last 20

We were crap today in crap conditions.  Horrible being on the hill.  Forwards went missing.  Whare, Farrah and Hoppa were excellent.  Apart from that, there was a complete absence of a game plan.  Brisbane played smart footie we played dumb.  Where was the game plan?

DSM5 link said:
We were crap today in crap conditions.  Horrible being on the hill.  Forwards went missing.  Whare, Farrah and Hoppa were excellent.  Apart from that, there was a complete absence of a game plan.  Brisbane played smart footie we played dumb.  Where was the game plan?

Mate - what that says to me is there is an attitude problem. The new guys were passionate, and tried hard - the veterans not so much.

Whare is a gun. Foran seemed on one leg. Injuries to Choc and Bailey plus a five day turn-around are going to really test us. Foran did not look fit today either.

I think i saw 1 bomb in the first 60 minutes from our attack.

Foran seems convinced that a powder puff grubber is harder to take than a bomb in the wet.

Actually, Foran's kicking game today was very Ox like. Could it have been the coaching all along, and not Ox's tactics??

Interesting.

I also remember Ox' kicking game in Melbourne was first class before he came to Manly.

In fact, there hasn't been an excellent all round kicker at our club in a long time.

We never got out of Neutral.    

Forwards were very poor except Rodney really.  We had no leadership and game plan.

Terrible game to watch.  We never looked like scoring again... 77 mins later, that's bad

Interesting to see how Whare goes again next week, his form may warrant Des thinking about keeping him in the centres with Matai and moving Lyon back to 5/8 when their all fit.

(If TH signs with the dogs that’s the way I think they should go for the rest of the season)

Ryan link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=183472.msg265587#msg265587 date=1275811222]

Mate - what that says to me is there is an attitude problem. The new guys were passionate, and tried hard - the veterans not so much.
[/quote]

I don't know about that mate, I thought Kite and Watmough in particular were putting in as much effort as anyone out there

Lockyer was a machine out there today, our halves should study his performance over and over and over.

The front rowers were the worst of a bad lot, Rodney aside.  Their no-frills forwards bent ours back all afternoon.  What happened to Joe?  This was a game which would have suited his pig like running.  Kite and Choc gave an effort in fits and spurts.  What surprised me was the headless behaviour of the team.  No go forward, trapped endlessly in our 25 metre zone, no structure really.  Our bomb kicks were crap and we just did not put any pressure on them.  Very disappointing.     

Pretty flat effort. Didn't really get going at any stage, and attack looked pretty insipid. Tough conditions though and Broncos only ran away with it in the last 15 minutes so we held in there for the bulk of the game. They had a fair chunk of luck too. I though Ballin was good this week, as was he last week too, so maybe his Origin experience has inspired him. Rodney as usual put in. Thought young Hoppa made an effort and had plenty of involvement without a lot of opportunity. Whare was good in defence and made some good reads and some try savers. Kicking game was off today and didn't allow us much opportunity for repeat sets or field position pressure. Brisbane carved us up back through the ruck and fringes with inside balls, and this has been an area where we have been a little weak this year. At least Farrer caught some bombs and Bailey saved himself from another roasting by only lasting 5 minutes.

Ryan link said:
Actually, Foran's kicking game today was very Ox like. Could it have been the coaching all along, and not Ox's tactics??

Interesting.

I also remember Ox' kicking game in Melbourne was first class before he came to Manly.

In fact, there hasn't been an excellent all round kicker at our club in a long time.
Ridiculous post of the year award!!! You have to have decent field position to put up reasonable kicks. Foran looked injured today and was struggling big time. Orford spent a lot of time with injuries as well. To suggest what you have above is ridiculous.

Ryan, Canteen's right.  We languished in our 25 way to often.  Just not getting the steam up to get out.  And when we kicked in the second half it was into a wind.  Just no field position.  Blame who?  No forwards busting the line to go forward.  No penalties to get us field position.  Just a crap game, one to forget.

Ryan is 100% correct about the kicking, we were kicking from their 40 is good enough to put up a bomb and we did SFA 3 sets out of 4 in the second half.

Forwards did not do their job but the kicking was crap as well.

if trent plays another 2games like that the dogs are welcome to him... he is in the media all week about money & contracts then goes out & plays like that .. atleast look like your even worth the 275,000  ..fuksake..

Yeah on their 40 we kept putting in little chip style kicks that were one bounce to their wingers. I didnt understand it cause it looked like that was the plan?

We were never in the hunt.  We just never got anywhere near their line to put pressure on when it mattered in the second half.  I'm looking forward to next weeks win.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4