Team List Tuesdays ... Should be a ripper.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Uhh it’s a better line up than last week, but man, that backline is just janky to me..

Tom- playing with injury/no confidence or both

Saab- ok except he can’t tackle

Parker- tries hard, tackles solid but adds zero in attack

Koula- tries hard, solid defence but so far hasn’t figured out how to get himself more involved in attack… for a bloke so fast he sure doesn’t have many tries to his name

Garrick… much better on the wing thank god

Johns— a backup to an overpriced dud (so far this season)

Dce- tries his guts out .. usually tries too hard to make up for the lack of ability around him and causes to many errors

It’s prolly the best backline we’ve put on the field this season and that’s saying something pretty sad.

Broncos will carve us up at home infront of a huge crowd for the second year straight

Has Johns run with the ball in any of the matches?
I can't remember him doing anything other than passing and missing tackles.

Not that I've noticed.
Which is also the knock on Flanagan jnr I think. To be fair in the couple of Dog games I've seen this year he has tried a few times, but normally only makes one metre before being smashed.

He definitely needs to run more, and take the line on. Being a link man will not do enough to change a game.

In the pre-season games he looked competent verging on ok but he was the main man in attack. Now he's playing a bit part role and he seems to have withdrawn and just plays as a link, probably not helped by having different players around him. But for me he just needs to grow up and take charge of his side of the field rather than look like he's playing in DCE's shadow

an already slow and now underdone Parker, tackle shy John’s and no Jake terrifies me.

We are not going to defend our way to victory, I’d be putting Weekes at 5/8 especially with the unknown nature of schuster and uninspiring John’s. We are gonna need points and let’s get him in there in preparation for losing even more of our strike over origin
And like Weekes has set the world on fire with his attack so far! 🙄 I’m not adverse to giving Weeke’s some more opportunity at 5/8 to possibly try and do something, but boy, he’s been horribly over-rated and hyped based on performances so far. The fact we don’t have any strong options may work in his favour though.

And like Weekes has set the world on fire with his attack so far! 🙄 I’m not adverse to giving Weeke’s some more opportunity at 5/8 to possibly try and do something, but boy, he’s been horribly over-rated and hyped based on performances so far. The fact we don’t have any strong options may work in his favour though.
Yeah I realise weeks has been a bit of a fizzer so far, but you can tell he has got some footy in him and has been highly touted. John’s has no footy in him seemingly and has never been touted. I would always err on the side of potential in this case, our defense will not win us matches over origin and as the underdog, points may keep us competitive

Last edited:
There were a few moments against the storm where he threatened to run and created some space for the outside backs. That completely disappeared last week.
He does seem to have a footy IQ though so i think he can work on his game and improve. Not robust physically but if you're good enough you can get by with a slim physique. Luke Keary for example.

I can not believe Johns keeps gets getting picked! has to be the worst 5/8 in the comp and ever to play for Manly.
Can't understand why Seibold continues to pick him over Weekes??
He was the worst player on the park and yet has the audacity to giggle and laugh after the game.
Sooner we Guf him of the better.

I can not believe Johns keeps gets getting picked! has to be the worst 5/8 in the comp and ever to play for Manly.
Can't understand why Seibold continues to pick him over Weekes??
He was the worst player on the park and yet has the audacity to giggle and laugh after the game.
Sooner we Guf him of the better.
I honestly think Seibs is protecting Weekes. He can afford to throw Johns to the wolves but doesn't want to risk breaking Weekes who clearly has a bigger upside long term.

Me too. He's still young, has fire in the belly, great footwork at the line, and we didn't break the bank to sign him. Basically, he's everything Woods isn't, except that he is actually drawing a wage from the NRL subsidized yearly salary cap grant.

You do realise Gordie is not in the top 30 and cannot be selected.
Seibold is filling the top 30 spots up with guys like Johns, Woods and soon to be Flanagan 😩
Heres the team ti beat Bronx

1.Turbo
2.Vaega
3.Garrick
4.Koula
5.Saab
6.Croker
7.DCE
8.Peseka
9.Lawton
10.Josh
11.Kelma
12.Haumole
13.Parker

14.Weekes
15.Bullermor
16.Keppie
17.Woods

18.Burbo

The team is an improvement, though without Jake and Schuster, I'm not feeling at all confident. We always seem to be without a few of our essential players.

I know many have a downer on Schuster. Its frustrating I know. But give me that kid at his best any time to set the backline alight. Johns is just steady. Croker as an option has been tried before and also offered steady. Manly need an orchaestrator, not someone who just feeds the ball out.

For some comparison I remember back in 1968 when the South Sydney side were on the rise. Dennis Pittard from Wests, came into the Souths side mid season with the side having won only 7 of their first 13 games. He replaced stalwart Jimmy Lisle at 5/8. They then won all but one of the next 11 games (Manly beat them once) and took out the Grand final. All because that team of champions needed an orchestrator. They had the talent but it wasnt jellying. Pittard was the conductor and suddenly the pieces fell together.

I believe Schuster has that potential if he would just get over his issues. He is seriously needed to set that backline alight, to orchestrate the side.

Has to start
I honestly think Seibs is protecting Weekes. He can afford to throw Johns to the wolves but doesn't want to risk breaking Weekes who clearly has a bigger upside long term.
The guys needs game time and only way he will improve, It's not like he will need to drop Foran to accommodate him. He will end up at another club next year!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8