Team list is out and...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
Might not bring hastings back at all . Man of match for Blacktown and a perfect opportunity to kiss and make up early , not to be . The innuendo will drag on .
Due to the current dramas I watched the Monday NRL show late on 9 as they said they were talking about the Sea Eagles.
Gus said a bit about talking to a frustrated TB and the issues with Hastings being continuous over a long period of time, and he 'will not be back!'
I'm not a Gus fan or anything but one thing I like about him is that he does speak his mind. It sounded to me like him and TB are close. Given that TB coached juniors at Penrith, that makes sense.
It makes me think that despite all the newfound Hastings support, he must have done something significantly wrong and repeatedly for him and the club to be in this position.

Aussie Battler

Reserve Grader
Regrettably, Trent Barrett is showing more and more, and on a weekly basis, why so many supporters are calling for him to be walked. This situation around Jackson Hastings is comical. If he has committed a crime that justifies his exclusion, please, enlighten us with the actual reason as to why he is being left out. Otherwise this is just good old ego and cutting your nose off to spite face stuff from Barrett.
100% agree. In my opinion it needs to be up there with Wayne Carey getting busted with the captains wife. If a guy has to be removed from the club. anything less than that doesn't cut it. The "we don't like him, so we won't play with him" has a real primary school playground feel about it.

This is what all of this has come to, wishing ill health on the head coach of this club?

Be critical of his coaching ability as much as you like, debate whether he is the right man for the job - no issue with that. That’s what a forum like this is about.

But to hope Barrett comes into some short term legitimate health concerns is poor form.
Not as bad as his coaching

They're playing like a bunch of hair gel wearing bitchslap takers

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I would really like to know the issue with Jacko is it just he s a little weird , with a lack of social barriers or does he have no filter on what he says ?or is he a closest serial killer ,pedophile, philanderer or worse ?
Whatever it is it doesn’t appear to stop him playing good football and his mates in Reggie’s haven’t arced up about him ,snd 1/2 the FG squad don’t mind him so I don’t get it
If Baz picks him now and we still get lapped then the pressure to pick him again will come off a bit as he will be proven not to be the messiah,and he can’t be accused of not using all the players at his disposal. But if we win then he can say I’m here to win football matches and I’ll pick who is going to help get that result and that this (coaching RL teams) is a business where you are always the student never the master and we all have to keep learning and pull together etc etc
So facts
Jacko>Croker ,a no brainer
API, if we r getting pumped he needs a rest =poo I guess or better Jacko!
Tom W may as well get a spot on the bench ,I think he is one of those players who drifts in and out of games (a bit like Turbo, Milford sometimes ) but gee when they r on like Tom W was in the major final? last year then watch out as he could ignite the whole team
It wouldn’t be the first time that’s happened
Anyway just my musings and ponderings ,,,,,

Its a similar team that pumped parramatta in round 2 bar siro and Tanganoa , so if they turn up ready to play we should smoke these bastards. Sorry jorge as well so two missing from starting 13 , jorge and Siro . We are still good enough .

Looking at it another way, its the same team that drugcastle beat less 3 players.

giphy.gif

brad

First Grader
They are 3 very big outs in the context of what followed. Sadly, even if we could match them on talent, we are mentally smoked. You can see it in the body language and in the interviews. These guys aren’t fighters.
They can be big outs more so Jorge for his hitups and tanganoa has been good off the bench but replaceale , as he's not our half. Siro well its rocks or diamond's with him , he'll put in a blinder one week and can't catch the ball the second and be lucky to hold down a spot in regies . I like him but he could be more consistent.

Tomay

Bencher
I think our most glaring problem is with the front row rotation. We are starting AFB and Marty again who are both impact forwards, if we have a sustained period of pressure in which both are forced to do a lot of defence then both lose the energy needed to create that impact. Generally, I prefer one impact forward and one solid reliable guy to start with a rotation of each on the bench, it usually works out better for absorbing the pressure in defence as well.

There is no solution to this problem at the moment, I wish we had someone like Tolman to start alongside Marty with AFB coming off the bench. That way no matter what we should have a fresh bulldozer ready for when we get a good period of possession.

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
..I'm guessing that even if we win on Friday, people still won't be happy.

"Pffft. One win. What's one win? Sack TB."
"Well of course we won. Piss was out. Sack TB."
"Great. Now there's no way that TB will change the team. Sack TB."

I for one will be happy as a pig in sh*t if we win.
In the words of the Police, I can't stand losing.

Last edited:

HoldenV8

Journey Man
There's plenty of helpful suggestions on these pages for baz - from jersey flegg unknowns to recalling past warriors like Matt ballin or long since moved on Matt parcell. None of which are possible of course, but helpful nonetheless.

Matt Ballin wouldn't be a bad idea for a new fitness coach.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I’d just love to see the boys turn up to play and fight hard regardless of what gets thrown at them, even if they lose!!

It’s the insipid we don’t give a **** attitude and let’s just head out and party hard afterwards attitude that I’m finding hard to come to grips with.

Bencher
This is what all of this has come to, wishing ill health on the head coach of this club?

Be critical of his coaching ability as much as you like, debate whether he is the right man for the job - no issue with that. That’s what a forum like this is about.

But to hope Barrett comes into some short term legitimate health concerns is poor form.

This CP guy is a flog, if you haven't worked that out yet. I can't wait until he visits me, so I can show him some true Manly spirit for nothin... This guy is an a oxygen thief of the highest order. I have a mate on here that I have to calm down, because he wants to hunt him down, because he hates clowns.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
If Tom T and DCE are supported by the forwards, they have a chance especially with Pearce out. But its a disappointing backline and if they rely on it with Walker still feeling his way, they could face another beating. Barrett is a very conservative coach. With a good side that is beneficial. With this side, its very risky.

eagle40

Reserve Grader
When is he going to realise ,Croker isnt the answer. I never thought I would say this,but if we lose again,then I will join the conga line to get rid of TB, there I said it

Quick ! Not many spots left, don’t wait til Friday. Snooze you lose.
When is he going to realise ,Croker isnt the answer. I never thought I would say this,but if we lose again,then I will join the conga line to get rid of TB, there I said it

eagle40

Reserve Grader
..I'm guessing that even if we win on Friday, people still won't be happy.

"Pffft. One win. What's one win? Sack TB."
"Well of course we won. Piss was out. Sack TB."
"Great. Now there's no way that TB will change the team. Sack TB."

I for one will be happy as a pig in sh*t if we win.
In the words of the Police, I can't stand losing.

Unfortunately I’m thinking you may have to take a seat.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
Barrett persists in not selecting Cam Smith and Thurston, I reckon they are pretty good and might make a difference.

Myths both of them. Thurston is way too small. They’ll never amount to anything.

You want to see talent look up Aaron Groom on YouTube.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16