Team Line Up - Ballin Gets A Run

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With the inclusion of Ballin this week it behoves us all to pause and acknowledge how momentous an occassion this is for Matt Ballin..............and for Matabele.

For long years now both have dreamt of an opportunity, an injury, a compromising photo......anything to allow the young hooker his chance on the big stage.

At a time like this it is propitious for the self confessed local journalist with South Africa accent to make a speech for Ballins maiden voyage.

**Insert tapping of cutlery on champagne flute**

Yes, thank you kind Jatz. I would firstly like to correct the record - I know this moment is not about me, but I do take umbrage at the suggestion that I'm a Boer. May the record show that I am of proud pioneer Rhodesian stock, not of those hairy-backed animals from south of the Limpopo. Thank you.

Now to matters of great import. For more than two years we have prayed for the moment where the planets align, where Monaghan is bought for $270,000 per season from a club in the North English tundra, and for Dunley to expectorate one time too many.

We worship an almighty and all-knowing God, whose purposes are beyond our understanding, and whose ways remain a mystery. And he has certainly been cruel to us on this occasion, denying us for two years the opportunity to view such a latent talent.

While other clubs have blooded their Australian schoolboys and viewed them sparkling on the field, becoming superstars and graduating to million dollar contracts, we Manly fans have had to bite our nails and wait in delicious anticipation for the unveiling of our own Australian schoolboy talent.

Whilst our so-called first stringers have launched bombs into the Southern grandstand and thrown passes that my blind and bi-polar grandmother could catch on the run, those of us committed enough to arrive at the ground early have seen THE FUTURE!!!!!

Now Manly fans, let us link arms, draw breath and await the arrival of Matthew Ballin as a firts grade footballer. Let us marvel at his talent, let us weep at the sight of a ball hitting its intended target and forwards released towards the advabtage line.

Let us grow weak at the knees at potential unleashed.

Let us welcome Matthew Ballin as a MANLY FIRST GRADE **** ING FOOTBALLER

AT LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG BLOODY LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote author=Jatz Crackers]
With the inclusion of Ballin this week it behoves us all to pause and acknowledge how momentous an occassion this is for Matt Ballin..............and for Matabele.

For long years now both have dreamt of an opportunity, an injury, a compromising photo......anything to allow the young hooker his chance on the big stage.

At a time like this it is propitious for the self confessed local journalist with South Africa accent to make a speech for Ballins maiden voyage.

**Insert tapping of cutlery on champagne flute**

Yes, thank you kind Jatz. I would firstly like to correct the record - I know this moment is not about me, but I do take umbrage at the suggestion that I'm a Boer. May the record show that I am of proud pioneer Rhodesian stock, not of those hairy-backed animals from south of the Limpopo. Thank you.

Now to matters of great import. For more than two years we have prayed for the moment where the planets align, where Monaghan is bought for $270,000 per season from a club in the North English tundra, and for Dunley to expectorate one time too many.

We worship an almighty and all-knowing God, whose purposes are beyond our understanding, and whose ways remain a mystery. And he has certainly been cruel to us on this occasion, denying us for two years the opportunity to view such a latent talent.

While other clubs have blooded their Australian schoolboys and viewed them sparkling on the field, becoming superstars and graduating to million dollar contracts, we Manly fans have had to bite our nails and wait in delicious anticipation for the unveiling of our own Australian schoolboy talent.

Whilst our so-called first stringers have launched bombs into the Southern grandstand and thrown passes that my blind and bi-polar grandmother could catch on the run, those of us committed enough to arrive at the ground early have seen THE FUTURE!!!!!

Now Manly fans, let us link arms, draw breath and await the arrival of Matthew Ballin as a firts grade footballer. Let us marvel at his talent, let us weep at the sight of a ball hitting its intended target and forwards released towards the advabtage line.

Let us grow weak at the knees at potential unleashed.

Let us welcome Matthew Ballin as a MANLY FIRST GRADE **** ING FOOTBALLER

AT LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG BLOODY LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Your greatest post.

Hope he plays.. can't wait to see him for the first time

[quote author=Nutzcraw]

Your greatest post.

High praise indeed, from the highest quarters. ;)

I now run the risk of oodles of egg on face.

[/quote]

I have no doubt if Ballin has a shocker you will somehow find a way to blame Monas ;)

this is a great opportunity for Ballin, but i still don't see enough in PL that excites me. I'd have him over Dunley though.

Hope Ballin proves me wrong and deserves a permanent spot in 1st grade.

It's good to be back......

Who cares if Ballin fails anyway ?

He is a future superstar regardless of what happens in his first few games in the top grade.
Same for Groome & Meaney. I can't say I noticed Meaney being slow as it was raining but he's done enough over the past few seasons to rank with MB & AG as the future of the club.

i knew it wouldnt have been too many, not that i disagree with you in that he is talented but i have had the opportunity to come to the same comclusion over a few more games.

If lyon is in 6 there is no long term future for both monas and burns - Ballin will certainly be there in years to come as long as he stays put (thankfully his better half has her physio job well set up on the beaches which is a good reason to stay)

I just hope that he doesnt cop the same treatment as cuthbo should he not produce in his fisrt couple of outings

maybe some beers colour's my memory a little, but that is the best game I've seen from Burns. He helped control the team, especially in the 2nd half, kept the silly stuff to a minimum and played like an experienced half with the options he took.

I've changed my mind and am starting to think with a full squad, Burns at 6 instead of Lyon, Lyon at 4, Matai back row or bench.

Yes Mata, Daniel kindly let me back on. You and i both know he's a forgiving person, isn't he.

Good to have you back barks.. I been trying to ruffle some feathers in your absence

Ha ! I knew there was a reason for your idiocy !! Taking up Barks slack !!! :lol: ;)

well, now you know Nutz's excuse, what's your excuse Ryan.
;0)

Your only as good as your opposition Barks...and I'm consistently disagreeing with you.....
I know that's a "lame" excuse - but hey - I don't want to label you.... 8)

NB: I meant my comment in fun...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4