Team Line Up - Ballin Gets A Run

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Garts

First Grader
Tigers vs Sea Eagles - Team Line-Up
20/03/2007
By Manly Sea Eagles

With regular NRL players Steve Menzies and Steve Matai out this week Coach Des Hasler has had to shuffle the team around. Débutantes Clint Halden and Matt Ballin have been named on a five man bench along with George Rose, Mark Bryant and Glenn Hall. Anthony Watmough has been named at 11 while Jamie Lyon will play in the centres and Travis Burns at 5/8.

SEA EAGLES NRL TEAM: Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Steve Bell, Jamie Lyon, Chris Hicks, Travis Burns, Matt Orford ©, Jason King, Michael Monaghan, Brent Kite, Anthony Watmough, Glenn Stewart, Luke Williamson
Interchange: Clint Halden, Matt Ballin, George Rose, Mark Bryant, Glenn Hall (1 player to be omitted)

With Ballin named im sure Mata will have a bone that lassie couldnt chew through.

Cant wait to see how he goes.

Halden is the PL half, been with us for about 3 years now

i assume he is there to cover Orford, and will drop off the bench accordingly

If Orford pulls out I would move Burns to half, Lyon to 5/8, Hicks to centre and Bani or another PL player like Meaney onto the wing.

Halden has his good and bad games, should he fire he will cover fine, should he have a bad game we could be relying on a move by monas

If Orford pulls out I would move Burns to half, Lyon to 5/8, Hicks to centre and Bani or another PL player like Meaney onto the wing.

well from the looks of the team, if Orford is out Halden will go to 6, Burns to 7

Good call !!!
Apparently Bani is a gun...

There still could be some late changes but I perosnally liked Burns to half , Lyon 5/8, hicks into centres option rather than halden who is untried at NRL level

Groom has gone to Hooker in P/L , with Robson at #7
are they trying to turn Groom into a Hooker ? seeing as he played there in the trials also

Groom has gone to Hooker in P/L , with Robson at #7
are they trying to turn Groom into a Hooker ? seeing as he played there in the trials also

This is a joke right? 8| 8|
Sheesh...and you guys laughed at my Cuthbo on the wing idea ! :lol: 8|

As a punter and doing my Sportal teams in years past, I can categorically state that any team can be changed with any player just suddenly appearing with the full sanction of the NRL. This means that Des can introduce anyone later this week and as late as on Saturday afternoon, for Brett's position or any position for that matter.
:bdh:

With the inclusion of Ballin this week it behoves us all to pause and acknowledge how momentous an occassion this is for Matt Ballin..............and for Matabele.

For long years now both have dreamt of an opportunity, an injury, a compromising photo......anything to allow the young hooker his chance on the big stage.

At a time like this it is propitious for the self confessed local journalist with South Africa accent to make a speech for Ballins maiden voyage.

**Insert tapping of cutlery on champagne flute**

It is a bit too early for bani to play firsts as he has only had one PL game and meaney doesn't impress that much as he has lost a lot of speed with his injuries and he is only quite small.

Pity we still don't have Mitch Creary to bring into the side.

I don't see the point in selecting Halden if he's the cover for Orford. The chances of him becoming a first grade regular are remote, Groom is the next halfback, they should stick him in there. There's plenty of cover if he was to fail miserably early on which is just as likely to happen with Halden anyway. I don't see the point in sticking him in at hooker for PL either.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4