Team for 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I still think we are short an intimidating forward, and if all those listed in the 14 are going , some more forwards and backs that can slot in during injury periods.

I know we might bring up a few from the 20's but we still need some experienced grunt.

For a price Id give big Willie another run BUT use him in short bursts off the bench, surely he'd take the minimum rate.
Yep ,still short an intimidating prop & a metre eating second rower.

We are also short a couple of signing announcements. The club is probably going to wait a week or 2 to avoid looking like signing announcements are a calculated ploy to make this Toovey fiasco look like less of a disaster....

Then they will announce the big signings as a calculated ploy to make the Toovey fiasco look like less of a disaster.

When we signed Api I thought he would be 5/8 given the Ballin resigning.

Parcell apparently has some size to him and can play 5/8.

If there are no injuries in the backs there is going to be a massive headache for Barret. Hiku is an international Rep, he is a horrible winger and would be rough putting him in NSW cup
You have Tom T who is too good for U20. You also have Pearsell who has massive wraps on him as a half.
You have Gutho who needs first team football or he won't improve as a player.

Tough situation to be in, I can see us unloading someone in the off season possibly Hiku or rumours Lyon to move on May have some truth behind them.

In saying all this I would rather this headache then what the Tigers or Eels have where they don't have enough quality backs

When we signed Api I thought he would be 5/8 given the Ballin resigning.

Parcell apparently has some size to him and can play 5/8.

If there are no injuries in the backs there is going to be a massive headache for Barret. Hiku is an international Rep, he is a horrible winger and would be rough putting him in NSW cup
You have Tom T who is too good for U20. You also have Pearsell who has massive wraps on him as a half.
You have Gutho who needs first team football or he won't improve as a player.

Tough situation to be in, I can see us unloading someone in the off season possibly Hiku or rumours Lyon to move on May have some truth behind them.

In saying all this I would rather this headache then what the Tigers or Eels have where they don't have enough quality backs
I wish that problem extended to our forwards.

The Tigers have Seumanafagai off contract, only 24 and would be cheap.
He is a big unit, damaging runner, ok defender but has poor handling imo.
If he is known to have a good attitude and work ethic I would like to see manly give him a chance.

what happens when we cop some injuries, we only have 18 players for next year once the clean out is completed.

Will we just play untried toyota cup players and go fromt he oldest to youngest team in the comp in 1 year?

what happens when we cop some injuries, we only have 18 players for next year once the clean out is completed.

Will we just play untried toyota cup players and go fromt he oldest to youngest team in the comp in 1 year?

We will certainly sign more players and the contracted crew (Ballin, Starling, Mateo, Burgess & Hodges) are no certainties to be gone

we have been a huge force the last 10 years cause each year we didn't have too many injuries and this year its been the complete opposite we didn't field our top 17 till round 15 or so, and tooves had to replace these injuries with fringe first graders past their prime such as horo, hasson, mason, burgess etc. and this week their all playing so if some how we do beat the broncs it will be amazing but i highly doubt it.

That's why next year if these so called 14 players are gone do we have enough quality to replace injured players. We need 1 quality half (Ashley taylor, carney,A.kelly) and 2 quality forwards (teo, tamou, sammy burgess (i wish)) and 2 more forwards that are good enough replacements, the rest should be young guns from the under 20's.

Have heard that list of players is horse ****, and 3X worse than it really is.

Therefore:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Peta Hiku
05. Clinton Gutherson
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Tebojevic
09. Matt Ballin
10. Nate Myles
11. Feleti Meteo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Api Koroisou
15. Brenton Lawrence
16. Darcy Lussick
17. Lewis Brown

18. Tom Trbojevic
19. Jesse Sene-Lefeo
20. Josh Starling
21. Addison Demetriou
22. Manaia Rudolph
23. Blake Leary
24. Luke Burgess
25. Riley Travers

The Tigers have Seumanafagai off contract, only 24 and would be cheap.
He is a big unit, damaging runner, ok defender but has poor handling imo.
If he is known to have a good attitude and work ethic I would like to see manly give him a chance.
Don't we need a damaging running forward . We haven't had one since Trex .
All top 4 teams have damaging runners

There would have to be some plans for Liam Knight for next year.
If we're looking for a fast game, he will create 2nd phase.

Have heard that list of players is horse ****, and 3X worse than it really is.

Therefore:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Peta Hiku
05. Clinton Gutherson
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Tebojevic
09. Matt Ballin
10. Nate Myles
11. Feleti Meteo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Api Koroisou
15. Brenton Lawrence
16. Darcy Lussick
17. Lewis Brown

18. Tom Trbojevic
19. Jesse Sene-Lefeo
20. Josh Starling
21. Addison Demetriou
22. Manaia Rudolph
23. Blake Leary
24. Luke Burgess
25. Riley Travers

Source?

You missed Parcell from the broncos, we wouldn't have pinched him without being in our top 17 let alone top 25. That signing alone is enough to tell you that list is far from horse sh!t as Ballin was on the list and we have signed 2 hookers for next year.

Adam Docker is another rumoured panthers player to be coming with Barret. If he does surely he will be Top 17 aswell

Source?

You missed Parcell from the broncos, we wouldn't have pinched him without being in our top 17 let alone top 25. That signing alone is enough to tell you that list is far from horse sh!t as Ballin was on the list and we have signed 2 hookers for next year.

Mark Arthurson. (NOT Ken).

Also, how is Parcell guaranteed a spot? He's a Qld Cup guy atm...Ballin would by streets ahead of that kid.

Some of the u20s players are better than some of the first grade players
There would have to be some plans for Liam Knight for next year.
If we're looking for a fast game, he will create 2nd phase.

I would be playing Knight in the backrow ahead of Lussick !

Source?

Remind me to tell you a story behind closed doors about Rick Chiholm and his Dad one day mate. Pure gold. Ken was legendary ;)

Don't feel comfortable sharing this stuff in an open forum anymore with the wombats around.

I think it is a very positive sign that these Panthers players are willing to follow Barrett across. It says a lot about what players think of him as a coach.

But the Eels would have thought the same about Arthur so I'm not holding my breath just yet.

Mark Arthurson. (NOT Ken).

Also, how is Parcell guaranteed a spot? He's a Qld Cup guy atm...Ballin would by streets ahead of that kid.

I agree Ballin is ahead but Parcell has played 6 games this year and was released from a contract. I doubt he would come here to play less NRL time, that would be a strange move, he would be 24 by the time Ballin retires, too long a time to wait in the wings.

I think it is a very positive sign that these Panthers players are willing to follow Barrett across. It says a lot about what players think of him as a coach.

But the Eels would have thought the same about Arthur so I'm not holding my breath just yet.

It seems a common theme that players like the assistant until he becomes head coach, then things can go sour when the tough descisions get made

Trent Barrett will pick the team he wants plus staff and could bring lower grade players with him, which won't help our juniors

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4