Team for 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hi All New to this forum,

Now that Tooves is gone and a couple of new signings ( parcell, Api, lussick, brown and Myles) what do you think our team line-up will be next year? for me:

1. Stewart
  2. Turbo
  3. gutherson
  4. matai
  5. tafua
  6. lyon/Api/ another signing
  7. DCE
  8. j.trobjovic
  9. parcell/api/ballin
  10. myles
  11. brown
  12. symonds
  13. buhrer
  14. api/parcell
  15. leary/mateo
  16. lussick
  17. lawrence
I think we still need 2 more quality forwards and a half, and we should be challenging for a top four spot next year. what do you guys think.

I don't think we are done with forwards signing. Bozo is here to blow it up and bring in some talent. This isn't the time to be putting up the "mission accomplished" banner. If he wants to win over the fans he's put offside with Tooves handling, we need one more prop and one top second rower. Get Tamou and say Alex Glenn. Then we are done.

For some reason I reckon bozo is after Tamou. He was ment to be going to Canberra then had cold feet to stay with the Cowboys. Now still no announcement after SOO as planned.
This clean out making room for him?

Loobs yeah i agree with you but is there any chance of us signing Tamou and i think Alex glen will be good. but other than that is there any other quality signings left on the market ?

Not much to get excited about yet, better hooker/ second row options, still need a 6 and more quality depth, lussick and brown are hardly top shelf, mules is a potential gun if attitude and body are up to the task

We need one top tier big forward to make that side formidable next year. Remember the interchange is going to suit smaller forwards next year.

It dose appear that we are recruiting to play a fast up tempo brand of footy that has been missing for a while. With the mobility of Brown and the pace around the ruck will suit us with the reduction of interchange also.
Will be interesting to see how the rest of this pans out

Theres not many if any quality signings left on the market this year but next year you have :

, Paul Carter, Greg Eastwood, , Luciano Leilua, Luke Lewis, Corey Parker, J, , Glenn Stewart Kenny Bromwich, Nathan Brown, George Burgess, , Thomas Burgess, , Charlie Gubb, David Hala, Sam Hoare, Dan Hunt, David Klemmer, , Sam Moa, , Junior Paulo, Nathaniel Peteru, Andy Saunders, , James Tamou, Martin Taupau, Dave Taylor, , Jarrod Wallace, , Tim Browne, Boyd Cordner, Ben Creagh, Mitchell Frei, Matt Gillett, Chris Grevsmuhl, Ben Henry, Chris Houston, Josh Jackson, Shaun Lane, , Sione Lousi, Ethan Lowe, , Chris McQueen, Willis Meehan, Marata Niukore, , Josh Papalii, Matt Robinson, Robbie Rochow, Tariq Sims, , , Sauaso Sue, Kelepi Tanginoa, Joseph Tapine, , Tony Williams, Isaah Yeo

all off contract...so do you blood some young guns and wait till next year and make a play for the likes of Chris Grevsmuhl, josh papali, matt gillett, martin taupau, george burgess, tom burgess, or overspend for a signing this year and not have enough money left next year.

Last edited:
Fox Sports market watch have either Lyon, Parcell or Trbojevic playing 6 next year, with the club (thankfully) going cold on the idea of Robert Lui.

They also mentioned the Dragons looking at both Mateo and Dunamis Lui.
I thought Dunny to the dragons was done.

Yeah would not surprise me to see Bozo use his NSW/Oz connections to jag Tamou but won't happen till the Cows are out. This cap **** may help us too.

I wonder if the club will announce signings this week, even if just to confirm the ones we have already - I mean seriously, they are out of excuses here.

I am hoping there is one big name to be announced which starts with 'Tam' and ends in 'ou'. I'd also be partial to a Chris Hill citing some family reason excuse to come to Australia and play for us (surely he has some distant relative over here to help him break his contract with Warrington).

I don't think we are done with forwards signing. Bozo is here to blow it up and bring in some talent. This isn't the time to be putting up the "mission accomplished" banner. If he wants to win over the fans he's put offside with Tooves handling, we need one more prop and one top second rower. Get Tamou and say Alex Glenn. Then we are done.

Burgess or SBW would be nice but realistically Ben Teo is the man they are going after imo.

Has Lussick signed ??

Also I hope we aren't bringing Koroisau here to play 5/8.

Teo isn't what you would call a marquee signing IMO. We need a forward with some explosiveness, someone who can bust it open every now and then

The way I see things working out....

FB - Snake / Turbo / Gutho
WG - Jorge
CE - Killer / Hiku / Gutho
CE - Matai / Gutho
WG - Hiku / Turbo / Gutho
5/8 - Killer / Koroisau / Gutho / Mateo
HB - DCE
PR - Jake
HK - Koroisau / Ballin / Parcell
PR - Myles
SR - T-Red
SR - Brown
LK - Ferris

Reserves from BJ, Lussick, JSL, Leary, Starling, Chee Kam, Mateo and Parcell.

Of course, Trent Barrett will have his own ideas on what our best 17 will look like.

Last edited:
I wonder how much of the cap is left over to buy a few big name players?

Oh I forgot , the cap doesn't seem to matter these days does it!!

Just give em some cheap houses !!

I think it will be interesting to see how our backs line up under Barrett.

Barring injury, Snake will obviously be the fullback with back up from Hiku, Turbo and Gutho.

Jorge will retain his wing spot and I really can't see him ever being moved to the back row.

Killer and Skivy will probably be our centres again, but it depends on injury and who Barrett plays at 5/8.

Hiku will probably be on the wing if he's not playing centre or filling in at fullback. If he's at centre then it will be either Turbo or Gutho on the right flank.

Pivot is the hot seat. Killer can play there and apparently Koroisau and Parcell can as well. Plus there is talk of playing Tom or Gutho alongside DCE. Then there is Mateo if he's still at the club, but if he is I'd leave him in the forwards.

The problem is that unless someone gets injured or Killer plays 5/8, or Barrett drops someone like Hiku to NSW Cup or Jorge to the forwards (which I doubt he will in either case), then either Turbo Tom or Gutho are going to spend most of 2016 in either the U/20's or NSW Cup. That is unless Barrett goes old fashion and has a back on the bench.

With Foreign leaving that leaves DCE as our only halfback of note. Stay healthy Cherry, stay healthy.

Our forwards from 2016 kinda pick themselves. The problem will be if everyone is fit, who to leave out.

I still think we are short an intimidating forward, and if all those listed in the 14 are going , some more forwards and backs that can slot in during injury periods.

I know we might bring up a few from the 20's but we still need some experienced grunt.

For a price Id give big Willie another run BUT use him in short bursts off the bench, surely he'd take the minimum rate.

I'll go on currently contracted players (assuming Parcell is done)

1.Stewart
2,Taufua
3.Matai
4.Hiku
5.T Trbojevic
6.Lyon
7.Cherry-Evans
8.J Trbojevic
9.Koriosau
10.Lawrence
11.Myles (middle)
12.Brown (edge)
13.Buhrer (edge)

14.Symonds
15.Leary
16.Lussick
17.Starling

18.Sene Lefao
19.Ballin
20 Gutherson
21.Mateo
22.Burgess
23.Travers/Pearsell
24 Demetriou/Knight
25.Parcell
26.Hodges
27.Ramien

Obviously still plenty to happen as the balance in the above squad is all off with too many hookers, a lot of edge backrowers and not enough middle forwards. Plus depth at Half is a concern (imagine if DCE went down long term). Not to mention the fact that Ballin, Starling, Burgess and Mateo have all been told they can look elsewhere

Basically this is a pointless exercise atm

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8