Taylan May - NRL is a joke.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Regardless of the act and the degree of danger to the victim, fact is May brought the game into disrepute, had to face court, was found guilty, (regardless of what sentence imposed), NRL if applying any suspension needed to be served immediately.

Vlandy's coming out saying what he did about fans shouldn't be penalised for player actions,is a big WTF moment, you can apply that to any suspension at any time, and should not be even considered.
Vlandy, Dillon Walker, DeBallin and a few others say Hi.

I'm not that bothered about it. It's inconsistent sure, and there's no doubt we wouldn't get the same consideration......but I wouldn't want a Manly player rubbed out for the finals because of something like this that happened ages ago. Recently we saw a 5 year old video of Dustin Martin in the AFL co-incidentally leaked in the week leading up to the semi finals. For what purpose I wonder ??

We are disappearing further and further down the rabbit hole punishing players for everything.

Are we really any better off ??

My ten cents....Play on. It's not this decision that's wrong it's all the other PC suspensions that appear harsh in comparison.

NRL: Lets punish people that haven't been found guilty yet.

Also NRL: Lets reward blokes who've been found guilty.
Personally I reckon there is a fair difference between this (which I would not even call a scrap) and being accused of rape or, say, stabbing a bloke...

I'm weird like that tho...

I'm not that bothered about it. It's inconsistent sure, and there's no doubt we wouldn't get the same consideration......but I wouldn't want a Manly player rubbed out for the finals because of something like this that happened ages ago. Recently we saw a 5 year old video of Dustin Martin in the AFL co-incidentally leaked in the week leading up to the semi finals. For what purpose I wonder ??

We are disappearing further and further down the rabbit hole punishing players for everything.

Are we really any better off ??

My ten cents....Play on. It's not this decision that's wrong it's all the other PC suspensions that appear harsh in comparison.
You made my point much better than I did...

Personally I reckon there is a fair difference between this (which I would not even call a scrap) and being accused of rape or, say, stabbing a bloke...

True, and anyone with half a brain would too, however the point is, if you are going to delay suspending a player purely because of finals footy, then don't suspend them at all.
It opens a can of worms.

Oh wait consistency is overrated, Greenberg lives on 🤣

True, and anyone with half a brain would too, however the point is, if you are going to delay suspending a player purely because of finals footy, then don't suspend them at all.
It opens a can of worms.

Oh wait consistency is overrated, Greenberg lives on 🤣
Totally agree that this is an inconsistent ruling - no argument...

I would just be fine with this being the standard...

Little smartarse probably deserved a decent flogging. Still doesn't excuse the NRL from blatant hypocrisy.

There is a fair difference. Ones been accused and the others been found guilty. Huge difference.

I get your point but I can’t agree that flogging blokes like Brett Stewart is as fair as allowing May to play finals.

May might have done his hammy. Expect the Panthers to want him serve his suspension now while he recovers.
I liked Vossys comment after half time, saying, there was talk May should’ve been allowed to serve his sin-binning next year as well. @:p

Regardless of the act and the degree of danger to the victim, fact is May brought the game into disrepute, had to face court, was found guilty, (regardless of what sentence imposed), NRL if applying any suspension needed to be served immediately.

Vlandy's coming out saying what he did about fans shouldn't be penalised for player actions,is a big WTF moment, you can apply that to any suspension at any time, and should not be even considered.
Vlandy, Dillon Walker, DeBallin and a few others say Hi.
Well said, smacks of one rule for one (Penrith fans) and one rule for everyone else. Can imagine what Dylan Walker, De Bellin, and others think of this, let alone their clubs' fans.

Anyway, karma's struck and he's done his hammy...shouldn't have been playing in the first place.

He’s getting a week for the high shot anyway, so will serve that while recovering.

Well said, smacks of one rule for one (Penrith fans) and one rule for everyone else. Can imagine what Dylan Walker, De Bellin, and others think of this, let alone their clubs' fans.

Anyway, karma's struck and he's done his hammy...shouldn't have been playing in the first place.
Im waiting for the NRL to announce they changed their mind, he now has to serve his suspension immediately !

You got to remember it’s Vlandys running the game and he runs it like racing .$ Fine after fine then suspend later just like when a jockey has a book of rides for a carnival they do there suspensions after there rides

So, I’m confused. Can Burgess come out now and ask for his two week suspension for a high shot to be postponed until next season?.. 🤔 … don’t want to punish the fans and all.

I understand the 'tongue in cheek' of the comment ...(at least I hope I do) but on field suspensions weren't included in the new v'landys-rules regarding suspensions.

That's left up to the totally 'independent' mrc to fudge, and then the judiciary to let him off.

So, I’m confused. Can Burgess come out now and ask for his two week suspension for a high shot to be postponed until next season?.. 🤔 … don’t want to punish the fans and all.

Yeah but only if the fans want to see him play and Gus thinks he should get a medal for his action.

Poor old Gus should be shot with a bullet of his own sh1t.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7