Taylan May - NRL is a joke.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm sure people have died in similar situations, maybe we wait until they do before we take any action. I'm not sure what it's like in Aus but I'm guessing it's not too different to over here and quite a few (mainly young blokes) die every year after being hit with one punch usually while both parties are drunk. But this is a diversion from the point, which is that the NRL are picking and choosing when his ban is. Maybe consistency is overrated
If it was a coward punch we would be on the same side of the argument UK... but he dragged the bloke down by the collar and copped a $1000 fine and no recorded conviction - which tells you that the judge did not consider it to be a high level offence...
It is certainly not a decision in line with previous NRL decisions but, hopefully, it has now set a new precedent - I want to see the best players playing and I don't reckon what Taylan May did was enough to bar him from finals...

If it was a coward punch we would be on the same side of the argument UK... but he dragged the bloke down by the collar and copped a $1000 fine and no recorded conviction - which tells you that the judge did not consider it to be a high level offence...
It is certainly not a decision in line with previous NRL decisions but, hopefully, it has now set a new precedent - I want to see the best players playing and I don't reckon what Taylan May did was enough to bar him from finals...
Fair enough, I've not watched the video. I'm just getting pissed off with footy players thinking they can do as they want and there's no consequences. This reinforces that belief. They have to realise they are role models and as we head towards the off season you wonder when the next off-field transgression will be that will bring disgrace on the game.

I thought the video footage was poor. Although not a king hit it was essentially the same thing in that he attacked the bloke from behind. If the kid hits his head or neck on the way down we are having a different conversation. I also thought there was a lot of force by May. I kind of see the argument around the drawn on legal process, until the point from the other poster saying he plead not guilty! Wtf, how on earth can he plead not guilty to that?

Fair enough, I've not watched the video. I'm just getting pissed off with footy players thinking they can do as they want and there's no consequences. This reinforces that belief. They have to realise they are role models and as we head towards the off season you wonder when the next off-field transgression will be that will bring disgrace on the game.
Fair call...

I thought the video footage was poor. Although not a king hit it was essentially the same thing in that he attacked the bloke from behind. If the kid hits his head or neck on the way down we are having a different conversation. I also thought there was a lot of force by May. I kind of see the argument around the drawn on legal process, until the point from the other poster saying he plead not guilty! Wtf, how on earth can he plead not guilty to that?
Cannot argue with your last point @Waz13... and I do get that some will see the potential for injury as the primary concern... I have no argument that it was stupid and unnecessary, I just dont think that, in the end, it was a big deal...

Absolutely zero integrity in NRL decision making. Giving him a fine or no punishment is actually better than suspending him but applying it in a manner that is convenient for him and his club.

The fact that the kid didn’t suffer any serious head or neck injuries shouldn’t be an excuse. Not only was it gutless to come up from behind, but the force in which he pulls him back could’ve been fatal.
If I’m Parramatta on Friday (god, I feel sick saying that), I’m winding May up every chance you get. He reminds me of a Cody Walker hot head. You get him to lose his shiit, and his game goes out the window.

If they didn't want to suspend him for the finals, then give him a fine and a suspended suspension if he comes up again either on or off field add it then not this.

Sorry I'm calling it's BS. Walker coped his ban and was not guilty, and this guy is convicted and they say a semi is more important than putting the league into disrepute.

It was assault, it was stupid, he should be seen next year some time. Oh he's a Panther, different rule because?
Because his crime was against a man…

I believe the integrity unit had the mentality that they did not want Penrith supports to suffer when making this ridiculous decision to allow May to play.
Great logic from a Penrith perspective, but forgetting there are 15 other clubs who have fans and its a decision fans of the other 7 teams competing in the finals, will not benefit from.

V'landys:

"A lot of ex players look at it through a player's lense, we look at it through everyones' lense, and the most important person at the moment is the fan.

"Why penalise Penrith fans for an indiscretion that the player did? "

- Says the same guy who staunchly defends the 'no-fault' stand down policy.

Disgusting! That gutless turd Cleary just walks away like he’s a God! May is the perfect definition of gutless! Attack someone from behind that seems to be doing nothing wrong at all. What a piece of $hit he is! In watching that video I can only wish someone picked up a chair & wrapped it around both May’s & Cleary’s head. Hopefully both don’t finish the game!

Disgusting! That gutless turd Cleary just walks away like he’s a God! May is the perfect definition of gutless! Attack someone from behind that seems to be doing nothing wrong at all. What a piece of $hit he is! In watching that video I can only wish someone picked up a chair & wrapped it around both May’s & Cleary’s head. Hopefully both don’t finish the game!
It was a stupid act by May but the bloke should have deleted the video (if that is truly what happened)...
i have seen and been on the end of a million times worse than what this bloke copped and the judge obviously agrees (NO conviction)...
it is hilarious that you want to drag Nathan into it.... He did what he should have and did not get involved...
I am guessing you are not a panders fan lol

It was a stupid act by May but the bloke should have deleted the video (if that is truly what happened)...
i have seen and been on the end of a million times worse than what this bloke copped and the judge obviously agrees (NO conviction)...
it is hilarious that you want to drag Nathan into it.... He did what he should have and did not get involved...
I am guessing you are not a panders fan lol
Definitely not mate….what that club & it’s players get away with is just plain bull$hit. The way that gutless prick came from behind & pulled the kid down is shameful yet Cleary feels sorry for May? No remorse for the 18 yr old kid who could have potentially suffered a serious injury. People in here think bad of our Pacifica boys for the rainbow saga….FMD that entitled group of Cleary, May, Luai, To’o can fu<k right off!

Definitely not mate….what that club & it’s players get away with is just plain bull$hit. The way that gutless prick came from behind & pulled the kid down is shameful yet Cleary feels sorry for May? No remorse for the 18 yr old kid who could have potentially suffered a serious injury. People in here think bad of our Pacifica boys for the rainbow saga….FMD that entitled group of Cleary, May, Luai, To’o can fu<k right off!
I hear what you are saying but I don't blame Cleary in this instance... walking away was his best option...
Yes they are the pride of the league and get away with a lot - ie. They have been throwing 'gang signs' for 2 years but it only became an issue when a Manly player did it...

The 'kid' is not much younger than them and who knows what he was saying/doing? There may be a very good reason there is no remorse - ie. He may very well have been acting like a complete pelican.

May is probs a complete d*ck too but I don't reckon being dragged down by the collar even rates on my "dangerous sh*t I have seen done on the piss" list... as I said tho, I recognise that others may think it is a highly dangerous act...

My issue with the rainbow saga is they refused to play when our side needed them most and they could have made their point without quitting on us...

Last year the riff had a coked up player on the team, that got pretty much brushed under the rug. nrl setting some bad examples especially to young supporters

My 2 cents worth is , this is bull**** , players have missed grand finals with suspensions in the past this is utterly wrong by the NRL , not to mention the precedent it sets , so is a SOO game more important , where is the line drawn ??

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7