Taupau dropped, Isaako in line for Test debut

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mate, his offloads are one of his strength. Taupau is the ultimate prop. Big, mobile, strong, does things at pace, aggressive, creative.

One of the best props in the game today.

Maguire can't judge talent if it bit him in the arse, or he wouldn't have conditioned our offer for him to join us so heavily.

I'm glad now, so I can again hope the Kiwis lose, and Maguire loses his job there. **** him.
Oh well, if Maguire loses his job, there is an opening for Trent Barrett

Seriously, why do kiwi test coaches always stuff Manly players around. They don’t know how to use Marty. Kearney screwed Matai as well.

I am hoping Marty goes to another level under Des - so much ability.
Being a NZer, I remember closely watching Matai play for NZ. Too often, he was a wreckless, loose unit whenever he put on the Kiwi jumper. JWH was always the same... they got a little bit carried away.... consistent penalties conceded. That's why they got snubbed, and even as a Manly fan, I remember agreeing that they had let us down too many times.

Last edited:
Mate, his offloads are one of his strength. Taupau is the ultimate prop. Big, mobile, strong, does things at pace, aggressive, creative.

Fifita, Woods, JWH, Bromwich all internationals as well, all of them flop it out the back and try and get second phase ball.. Do we think any of those guys are any good? Kapows offloads are better, he makes more meters and maybe apart from Fifita he plays way more minutes. What's the problem?

Fifita, Woods, JWH, Bromwich all internationals as well, all of them flop it out the back and try and get second phase ball.. Do we think any of those guys are any good? Kapows offloads are better, he makes more meters and maybe apart from Fifita he plays way more minutes. What's the problem?

Get your point ... and many times that 2nd phase play is excellent ...

.. but .... on occassion Kapow can get a bit off-load crazy .... there have been more than a few occassions when his wild roll backs ended up either in lost possession or a mad backwards scramble for the ball ... resulting in both lost ground and a complete halt to momentum ...

Don't want to see him stop doing it .... just want him to be a bit more selective and controlled ....

So glad we didn't sign Maguire. He's not Manly for starters. It wouldn't have worked. I reckon he was a 1 hit wonder. Rusty bought him a great squad and they were gifted that premiership by Turdy's ref circus.

Marty "s best contribution for the team next season will be if he can primarily focus on more direct team pattern type running instead of just wishing to do his own thing occasionally . Did seem to be a problem at different stages last season with some of his uncoordinated attack but with a better structured game plan, no doubt the team will be able to benefit more from his obvious playing strengths including his capable [ and hopefully more selective ] off loads. Won "t be the first or last time an obvious test level player is dropped for whatever reason

Don't want to see him stop doing it .... just want him to be a bit more selective and controlled ....

I don't think Kapows offloads were a big problem. We made massive meters playing a power game up the middle, especially in our own half and a lot of that came from Martys offloads. Fix the bloody defense and the attack also improves from better field position.

All of those six point losses might turn into six point wins.

New coach new structures and new attack, but I would still give Marty a license to try and give us second phase ball. Don't think he gave away any more ball than any of the other elite props out there.

I don't think Kapows offloads were a big problem. We made massive meters playing a power game up the middle, especially in our own half and a lot of that came from Martys offloads. Fix the bloody defense and the attack also improves from better field position.

All of those six point losses might turn into six point wins.

New coach new structures and new attack, but I would still give Marty a license to try and give us second phase ball. Don't think he gave away any more ball than any of the other elite props out there.

It is a mixed bag .... when the off load works it is a thing of beauty .... but often Marty did an unsuccessful off load on about the 4th tackle when we were say . 45m out ..... in those cases the lost momentum or backwards scramble can either interupt the players moving into attack for the next play .. or deny the team the opportunity of getting into the 2om zone for an attacking 6th tackle option ....

I'm not saying he should cut them out .... just be aware that they are a lottery .... often the playmaker would simply prefer a quick play the ball ,,,

I'm not saying he should cut them out .... just be aware that they are a lottery .... often the playmaker would simply prefer a quick play the ball ,,,

Yeah I know what you are saying mate. I just think we made more than enough meters and had more than enough good field position to win way more games than we should have and I think it comes down to bad defense, ill discipline, giving away way too many penalty's and yes probably Trents simplistic game plans. Way more than a bad offload attempt.

I think Marty should work on his hairstyle. He needs to take it to another level. I’m talking Lady Gaga level.

Raiders will suffer without Rapana for half the season.

Kapow been dropped might be good for manly.... his manager can’t argue he’s a current international, and Dessie can make him feel loved at a time where he’s a bit vulnerable. To me that says, he stays out and has a huge season!

Raiders will suffer without Rapana for half the season.
Yep at least we dodged a bullet with no further injuries from these rep games unlike Canberra.

But then again they are next to Parra at being the masters of squandering talent anyway.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6