Taupau dropped, Isaako in line for Test debut

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mozgrame

Engorged member
Brisbane Broncos winger Jamayne Isaako is in line to make his Test debut for New Zealand at Elland Road after being named in Michael Maguire's 20-man squad on Friday afternoon (Saturday morning AEDT).

Isaako joins Gerard Beale as new faces vying for the wing spot left by injured Kiwis winger Jordan Rapana, who returned home to Canberra on Thursday.

The 22-year-old has trained on the right edge throughout the week after joining the tour late due to the birth of his first child Isaiah.

Maguire has made a further change after last week's loss with powerhouse forward Marty Taupau left out of the squad. Isaiah Papali'i replaces the Sea Eagles prop to come into debut calculations for the clash on Sunday (Monday 2.15am AEDT).

Read more.....https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/11/10/marty-taupau-dropped-jamayne-isaako-in-line-for-test-debut/

I haven't watched last week's game yet but I'll watch the replay tonight and see how Marty went.
He'd hardly be jumping out of his skin this time of the year...

A coach has 2 options after a loss
1. Try and motivate and get the most out of his ELITE players
2. Drop them from the team .
Madge has taken option 2 .

Being dropped from his beloved Kiwis will be a really good motivator for him to focus more on the weaker aspects of his game during the off season. Being more selective with his offloads will strengthen his game immensely.

Being dropped from his beloved Kiwis will be a really good motivator for him to focus more on the weaker aspects of his game during the off season. Being more selective with his offloads will strengthen his game immensely.

Mate, his offloads are one of his strength. Taupau is the ultimate prop. Big, mobile, strong, does things at pace, aggressive, creative.

One of the best props in the game today.

Maguire can't judge talent if it bit him in the arse, or he wouldn't have conditioned our offer for him to join us so heavily.

I'm glad now, so I can again hope the Kiwis lose, and Maguire loses his job there. **** him.

Since he has been dropped I would if I was him ask to be sent home early and go and enjoy his holiday early
As previously said round 1 against the tigers and mag ..Marty will have a point to prove and can only bode well for us.

Brisbane Broncos winger Jamayne Isaako is in line to make his Test debut for New Zealand at Elland Road after being named in Michael Maguire's 20-man squad on Friday afternoon (Saturday morning AEDT).

Isaako joins Gerard Beale as new faces vying for the wing spot left by injured Kiwis winger Jordan Rapana, who returned home to Canberra on Thursday.

The 22-year-old has trained on the right edge throughout the week after joining the tour late due to the birth of his first child Isaiah.

Maguire has made a further change after last week's loss with powerhouse forward Marty Taupau left out of the squad. Isaiah Papali'i replaces the Sea Eagles prop to come into debut calculations for the clash on Sunday (Monday 2.15am AEDT).

Read more.....https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/11/10/marty-taupau-dropped-jamayne-isaako-in-line-for-test-debut/
Seriously, why do kiwi test coaches always stuff Manly players around. They don’t know how to use Marty. Kearney screwed Matai as well.

I am hoping Marty goes to another level under Des - so much ability.

Seriously, why do kiwi test coaches always stuff Manly players around. They don’t know how to use Marty. Kearney screwed Matai as well.

I am hoping Marty goes to another level under Des - so much ability.

I never knew why Matai wasn’t the first picked for the kiwis. He was one of the best centres running around. He was very good on his feet and could find the try line. One on one he was awesome. Also I think he may have tackled prettt hard as well.

All i am saying is - an off load isn't worth the risk when it hands possession back to the opposition. Sometimes he just pops them out and the ball hits the ground resulting in a lottery as to where it bounces and who picks it up.

A few of us were saying that more and more as this year went on. Its all well and good popping out an offload, but a lot of Marty's went along the ground and some were even intercepted which lost us possession.

If he could learn to be more selective with his offloads, or his team mates were actually more aware that he could pop one out and were there in support to actually take the ball, they could be quite an effective weapon.

Excellent news - no chance of injuries sitting in the stand

Maybe Noel cleal will work with Marty on his offloads the same way he did with cuthbo. Cuthbo went through that phase of every time he was tackled he pushed the offload, so the opposition knew that and capitalised on it. Cleal drilled it into him that unless it is something like 85% guaranteed to work don't do it. Wise words

Players start popping offloads every time they get tackled and they start thinking they're genius ball players like Arthur Beetson.

I have an impression of the few times that I watched Sipley that he has the ability to get away a good controlled off load .....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4