Taufua the Kind of Footballer to Worry About?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bones said:
lsz said:
Napper considering the money involved there are some talented players who might not have as much passion as other

You honestly think that there not some players treating it is as job? Playing, as you put it "coz they are good at it"?

I'm bored with my job.... I might become an NRL player because the money is good. Expect to see me in first grade this weekend.

Who are you gonna play for bones? Parra or the dogs

Napper said:
lsz said:
It is something thatl fans tend struggle with

For some players this is not their dream job but is just a job

It does not mean they try less / are less motivated by it...it just means they do not worry about things outside their job
What a stupid post!

They play footy when they are kids then move up the grades an then there are a small percentage who end up playing NRL and get paid to do what they love and have been doing since they were kids.

Some kid doesn't just say "oh I might as well just play footy coz I'm good at it"

If you honestly think that any nrl player are doing it because 'they need a job' you're kidding yourself!

I think once they get there it's no longer a dream job it's just a job is what he meant to say.

Have seen some freaks though in regards to the some kid comment - Warriors U20s had a bloke from Afghanistan and apparently just tried out on a trial day never seeing league in his life.

Awesome stuff!!! I love it that he didnt even know about Barba returning and the Inglis tackle. It probably means he's only focused on this team and no other distractions. How you can label him a cash cow is uncalled for. Just because he doesn't know all the current issues in the game, doesn't mean he is just here for a pay cheque. Frankly in these economical times I don't blame him if he is. All I am interested about is on field performances which is the most important aspect. Whatever motivates players to play, whether it's money or love of the game is their individual choice. I couldn't care less as long as they deliver on the paddock. Jorge may never become the greatest winger ever as most greats are absolute students of their respective fields. However he could be a great to his family who he puts his body on the line every week for just to put food on the table and give a better life to like most of us do. The fact is while it would be awesome if every player absolutely loved every aspect of the game and knew the history of it, this isn't going to happen. People play for different reasons and every individual has their own agenda for playing. When you really simplify it everyone who works is a cash cow lol. Hell I'm a team leader at my workplace, yet I don't really give a damn about it's history though I know it or whats happening on other teams at work. I just worry about my own team and making sure we perform to our best. I do my job to a high standard because I'm good at it, yet my main motivation is a pay cheque, not my love for my job position or my company. A talented footballer may not fully love his craft, but if he has the skills to benefit himself financially from it why not. In effect, like most of us he is just doing his job to make a living!!!

Love the guy. Sure he makes mistakes, but on Thursday night got us out of trouble with a fine take on our line. Glad to see him ignore the stupid press.

Mexico's finest sporting export has bigger things to worry about than the prattlings of halfwit journalists or how that weird looking special kid who plays for the Dogs lifted that other guy beyond the horizontal - he doesn't even understand what they're talking about, él se preocupa sólo por traer gloria a México.

players read there press, its a problem
player dont read there press, its a problem

Do bus drivers watch other bus drivers when they get home, or bankers . Should laywers watch Erin Brokavich to prove there commitment or should coppers watch "the bill " when they get home so prove they do the job for the right reasons

weird

jbb/james said:
players read there press, its a problem
player dont read there press, its a problem

Do bus drivers watch other bus drivers when they get home, or bankers . Should laywers watch Erin Brokavich to prove there commitment or should coppers watch "the bill " when they get home so prove they do the job for the right reasons

weird

Should prosititutes watch pretty woman?

Joey said:
Taufua this week said he was unaware Ben Barba had made his comeback to the NRL, also had no idea about Inu's shocking tackle on Inglis alongside quoted as saying that he said he doesn’t even watch league or read about the game. I don't know the guy at all but is he the kind of footballer we should be worried about in that he is one of those players who only see rugby league as a cash cow and nothing else? NRL players should appreciate the game they are making a killing from, not just milk it for coin without an interest in its past, present or future.

This bloke does the finger swipe to test for dust after the cleaners have been through the house.

Should I watch Bad Boy Bubby when I go home?
Seriously though Jorge has just provided the best answers. No angle for the reporters here, no story to twist. Who knows what he does in his free time?

RL Gronk said:
bones said:
lsz said:
Napper considering the money involved there are some talented players who might not have as much passion as other

You honestly think that there not some players treating it is as job? Playing, as you put it "coz they are good at it"?

I'm bored with my job.... I might become an NRL player because the money is good. Expect to see me in first grade this weekend.

Who are you gonna play for bones? Parra or the dogs

If he takes some tranquilisers before the game he could replace T-Rex.

Kevinward777 said:
Joey said:
Taufua this week said he was unaware Ben Barba had made his comeback to the NRL, also had no idea about Inu's shocking tackle on Inglis alongside quoted as saying that he said he doesn’t even watch league or read about the game. I don't know the guy at all but is he the kind of footballer we should be worried about in that he is one of those players who only see rugby league as a cash cow and nothing else? NRL players should appreciate the game they are making a killing from, not just milk it for coin without an interest in its past, present or future.

This bloke does the finger swipe to test for dust after the cleaners have been through the house.

^ This bloke eats a bag of dicks for breakfast.

I love Taufua as much as any other manly diehard (his 2 errors per game not so much) My intention for starting this thread was not to beat up on Taufua but to ask a serious question as I can't remember the last time a current player had removed himself so far from the league universe in not knowing major headline news etc........unless they don't have the internet, tv or radio it's pretty hard to avoid not hearing about Barba's return or Inu's tackle.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused*

* nah not really.

Pontian, he caught the one that mattered on Thursday might and called a halt to the never ending drop-outs.

The few guys i know who played first grade ,didnt sit around watching games either..They like playing ,not watching ...Thats the difference between them & you !!!

Napper said:
lsz said:
It is something thatl fans tend struggle with

For some players this is not their dream job but is just a job

It does not mean they try less / are less motivated by it...it just means they do not worry about things outside their job
What a stupid post!

They play footy when they are kids then move up the grades an then there are a small percentage who end up playing NRL and get paid to do what they love and have been doing since they were kids.

Some kid doesn't just say "oh I might as well just play footy coz I'm good at it"

If you honestly think that any nrl player are doing it because 'they need a job' you're kidding yourself!

It is a massive step to go from playing with your mates as you grow up and develop a passion, to living and breathing League and working under the high expectations from club, fan and associated entities. You're aware of the term 'burnout', aren't you?

The blokes love the 80mins on the field but most see the rest as an inconvenience required in the professional era. They have a massive pre-season to cop; they have expectations on their diet and lifestyle that don't affect their performance; they face constant fan and media scrutiny.

Blind passion for the game just doesn't cut it for most.

The club and code already takes a fair chunk of their time. If an interest outside of League allows them to develop a more balanced approach to life (in their mind), then I'm all for it.

Whilst most players probably knew Barba was playing last weekend, the fact that Jorge admitted to not watching much footy isn't that much of a surprise. They have to treat the game like a job, because if playing was about loving the game like we do as fans, they'd all probably quit about 24 hours into preseason training.

If Jorge was tongue-in-cheek or having an April fool prank, good on him.

If he really didn't know, double good on him.

Our coaching staff will tell him what he needs to know about the game, the rest of his time & attention is his and his alone.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8