Taufua is great but....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Hold the ball with better security!!
For such a powerhouse player who can skittle defenders with power & pace, will always be a crowd pleaser.... But so many bad drops at key moments in poor position, put the team under massive pressure...sure we escaped tonight, but prefer to minimise this from the champion wingers game.

Give the man a set of sharkskin gloves or something

giphy.gif

Did someone call him Manly Vatuvai last night?

I can't work Jorge out TBH. When there is a try on offer his hands are damn near perfect, but in general play he has worse hands than Choc which can often undo good work he does when running the ball. And while he can hit hard in defence, some of his defensive reads of late have been diabolical.

And don't get me started on him catching, or attempting to catch a bomb. When he keeps his feet he rarely drops the ball, even under pressure. But when he jumps for the ball he either gets nowhere near it or it just bounces off his chest like a bullet hitting Superman.

I wouldn't drop him yet but damn he needs to cut out the basic mistakes.

Maybe they need a psych to help sort him out. Who knows, maybe they already do?

I remember Hasler had one, who sported a similar hairstyle to Des and who subsequently joined Des's lickspittling toady caravan over to Canterbury-Tailstown.*

*C'mon, they're Bulldogs, they have tails, not tales!

Did someone call him Manly Vatuvai last night?

I can't work Jorge out TBH. .........

I wouldn't drop him yet but damn he needs to cut out the basic mistakes.

A stint in the lower grade might sharpen him up, I know that would be a big call ... he is a confidence player that is low in confidence and has been for a while ... his attitude sux ... half the time he is hanging his head looking at the ground ... we all know how good he CAN be unfortunately but we are seeing more bad than good ..... I've always been a Jorge fan but if he has another shocker against the bunnies I'd be happy to see Lavaka given a chance on his preferred left wing

A stint in the lower grade might sharpen him up, I know that would be a big call ... he is a confidence player that is low in confidence and has been for a while ... his attitude sux ... half the time he is hanging his head looking at the ground ... we all know how good he CAN be unfortunately but we are seeing more bad than good ..... I've always been a Jorge fan but if he has another shocker against the bunnies I'd be happy to see Lavaka given a chance on his preferred left wing

Worth a shot, to be honest could not be worse than Hoorhay is at present.

I'm fast thinking that now Will
I Am has been consigned to the nether regions that Hoorhay is the new whipping boy on Silvertails.

We just have to have one , it's not the same when there's none!

I'm fast thinking that now Will
I Am has been consigned to the nether regions that Hoorhay is the new whipping boy on Silvertails.

We just have to have one , it's not the same when there's none!
A bootlaces catch on the run to score & every time he charges at the defence he bends the line or breaks 1 or 2 tackles....plenty of positives but if he is dropping the ball 3 - 4 times against Cows or Brisbane they will come away with 10 - 20 points.....then we will be blowing up...atm it's just an obvious observation that can hopefully be rectified.

A bootlaces catch on the run to score & every time he charges at the defence he bends the line or breaks 1 or 2 tackles....plenty of positives but if he is dropping the ball 3 - 4 times against Cows or Brisbane they will come away with 10 - 20 points.....then we will be blowing up...atm it's just an obvious observation that can hopefully be rectified.

He should be made to practice and practice and practice, his other attributes are great but giving away 12 last night almost cost us the game and let's face it everyone knows now, just pepper Tafua and you'll get the ball on the Manly line.

In defence he is a liability and his defensive shortcomings far outweigh the good stuff. I would drop him.

He should be made to practice and practice and practice, his other attributes are great but giving away 12 last night almost cost us the game and let's face it everyone knows now, just pepper Tafua and you'll get the ball on the Manly line.

There will be more than a few NRL coaches who would have worked out by now that when playing Manly, bomb Taufua into oblivion. I bet Tommy won't see half as many bombs kicked to him as Jorge will.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4