Taufua ideal for Origin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Some players are just made for origin & Taufua is 1 of them.
His defensive issues have improved position & technique wise & under the high ball much improved.
In fact his timing to come in at opposition fullbacks & centres in defence is so good only a perfectly timed Thurston cut out pass or a precision kick will catch him out.
His attack imo is devestating, with only Inglis & a handful of others as difficult to tackle.
He plays a high octane style game & loves to get amongst the action, taking hitups in the pretty & ugly situations & wins the play the ball, setting a roll on for his team.
Ppl talking up Ferguson & Merritt need to see the Taufua highlight reel 2012/13.

Not sure I agree, they will bomb him constantly

Daniel said:
I agree they would , though improved it would still be his biggest weakness.
Like every player theres strengths & weaknesses, but he exceeds others by a big level with his explosive running game & could just as easily be the X factor if NSW sprang an upset victory.
I get your point, but would not be suprised to see him get the gig & prove many wrong.

Another explosive player who also can't catch is already ahead of him in the pecking order for the wing.

NSW are pretty light on for quality wingers so with Hayne moving to FB, I don't see why they shouldn't give Taufua a run. Merritt is great at scoring plenty of tries against average opposition but against good sides he goes missing, this is what will happen in origin. He can't defend and he only really takes advantage of lazy defense with great speed.

MWSE said:
Another explosive player who also can't catch is already ahead of him in the pecking order for the wing.
Suprised theres not 2 wingers being selected??
Must be watching a different Taufua than others on here in 2013, hands have been safe as other NRL wingers all season.

Jorge isn't ready yet. If picked and has a shocker could scar him for a long time. Origin has spat out a lot of players that were thrown in too early, don't want Jorge to become another one of them.

As a fan I want him in blue and think he would be brilliant if picked for left wing

As a manly fan I hope he never plays origin

As a guy who knows his Dad I hope he is ready for it

When the ball nestles in his hands and stays there he is indeed devastating - but his hands still worry me ......and as a blues fan having Uate and Taufua on the wings might would be explosive in attack but asking for trouble.

They wil pick Merritt with all the media support for him - despite the fact he will be rag dolled from dummy half and origin is nowhere near as open as club footy. But at least when they pick him and he flops we wont have to hear about how unlucky he is not to play anymore.

Personally - I would pick Gordon on the wing - or at Fullback if they want Hayne on the wing.

Daniel said:

Absolutely he will, which is why he can win himself a spot if he fills in for Snake the next few weeks. He's improved this year but isn't in the safe as houses category yet, ala Robbo. He's probably still a few blokes in front the queue atm, but with a good couple of weeks he will be very close.

MK Eagle said:
MWSE said:
Must be watching a different Taufua than others on here in 2013, hands have been safe as other NRL wingers all season.

A lot of people don't use current form in this area and stick to a period of 3-4 weeks from the players career to make their judgement, case and point Ben Barba who was safe as houses last season but everybody still said he is rubbish under the high ball etc

For me, Taufua is at least 2-3 years away from Origin level though

Kiwi Eagle said:
MK Eagle said:
MWSE said:

A lot of people don't use current form in this area and stick to a period of 3-4 weeks from the players career to make their judgement, case and point Ben Barba who was safe as houses last season but everybody still said he is rubbish under the high ball etc

Are you pushing Esi Tonga for origin?;)

manlyfan76 said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
MK Eagle said:
MWSE said:

Are you pushing Esi Tonga for origin?;)

He will throw up Soward. He has a hard spot for him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6