Tariq Sims

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
32 next year, could turn out to another pension fund thief aka Forehead, as much as the older guys won’t like it, youth is where the ticket is for me, it amazes me Payne Hass is doing what his doing at 21, the days of the old hard head are numbered.

He is the current NSW back rower. Did he win the Origin Forward of the year, or may be that was a fox award, but he had a great series.

No way he is cheap.

Can MAN afford him? I doubt it.

What does Suli free up? He is going to the Dragons for just under $500k a season.

Even then the answer probably depends on if Marty is staying or going as next year is said to be his balloon payment .

Last edited:
Only just tonight I see fox are suggesting MAN caved in and paid the saints 50k to release SAAB earlier this year. I always thought our club won that battle.

So that MAN don't want a transfer fee to release Suli really does suggest something's cooking with the dragons.

If Tariq is coming to Manly, the only thing I can see is Davey, JetSki, Sirro, Suli and Boyle all released.

The only other player may be Walker to be released.

Personally , I just don’t see where Sims fits in.

I don’t mind Sims, but I’d reallly like to see Beau Fermor come to Manly. He’s a bloody impressive edge forward with amazing footwork..

Only just tonight I see fox are suggesting MAN caved in and paid the saints 50k to release SAAB earlier this year. I always thought our club won that battle.

So that MAN don't want a transfer fee to release Suli really does suggest something's cooking with the dragons.
It could be a situation where our salary cap is quite precarious for next year and it would be to our advantage if Suli left this year rather than the end of next year, otherwise Dragons would have signed him up anyway for 2023, and as he is a free agent after next year, there would be no compensation for us.
So we might be missing on around $50k in compensation, but Suli going frees up $450k in cap space

Surely our priority should be a back up fullback
Tolutau Koula is one of the real exciting prospects at Manly.

A full-back/centre, Tolutau has been rated as one of the best young attacking players seen in either rugby league or rugby union at school and representative level in recent years.

Tolutau has been fast tracked into Manly’s NRL top 30 squad after completing his HSC at Newington College in 2020.

A player with tremendous speed, Tolutau played full-back for Manly in the Club’s 2018 Harold Matthews premiership winning team. He also played SG Ball for Manly in 2019 and 2020.

Tolutau represented the Australian Schools and U18 rugby team in New Zealand last year after being involved in the 2019 Academy Series at the NSW Waratahs Rugby Academy.

Aside from Koula coming through, Garrick is still developing as a player and has gone to another level as this season has unfolded. He must have great confidence both with his goal-kicking and his finishing. He isn't a gun fullback or probably not a first grade standard full back but if he was he'd be doing that role at some other club.

He's a back-up who is definitely fit enough for the job and continuing to improve, so I think other positions may be higher priorities now.

The other thing is that the transformation in Tom's professionalism and ruthless resolve mean I'm now a bit less worried that he'll be missing huge chunks of each season.

Aside from Koula coming through, Garrick is still developing as a player and has gone to another level as this season has unfolded. He must have great confidence both with his goal-kicking and his finishing. He isn't a gun fullback or probably not a first grade standard full back but if he was he'd be doing that role at some other club.

He's a back-up who is definitely fit enough for the job and continuing to improve, so I think other positions may be higher priorities now.

The other thing is that the transformation in Tom's professionalism and ruthless resolve mean I'm now a bit less worried that he'll be missing huge chunks of each season.

There's a lot of Michael Robertson in Reuben Garrick.

I bet it is because Saints will pay full freight for 2022. $50k is meaningless to Manly if we don't have to pay part of Suli's 2022 salary.

A full-back/centre, Tolutau has been rated as one of the best young attacking players seen in either rugby league or rugby union at school and representative level in recent years.

Tolutau has been fast tracked into Manly’s NRL top 30 squad after completing his HSC at Newington College in 2020.

A player with tremendous speed, Tolutau played full-back for Manly in the Club’s 2018 Harold Matthews premiership winning team. He also played SG Ball for Manly in 2019 and 2020.

Tolutau represented the Australian Schools and U18 rugby team in New Zealand last year after being involved in the 2019 Academy Series at the NSW Waratahs Rugby Academy.

Jorge was doing ok at centre in those tries!

Exactly why Suli is surplus to Manly.
Develop this guy to be a centre and back up fullback to Tommy. Sort of like Manu does for the Roosters.

Exactly why Suli is surplus to Manly.
Develop this guy to be a centre and back up fullback to Tommy. Sort of like Manu does for the Roosters.
I have not seen a lot of Koula apart from some NSW cup highlights and what is shared on here. I note that he has made AUS schoolboy rugby sides on the wing - not sure if that is a prerequiste for first grade. I have also not seen his name on any NSW U16/18/20 sides or Australian rugby league schoolboy teams (but could have missed something).

A lot of faith seems to be shown in his future so would appreciate any insights as to why, and why he will be better than Suli or Parker. He looks and reminds me a lot of Albert Hopoate in the clips I have seen and again I could be very wrong however Albert seemed to suffer by lack of size/growth when he hit seniors.

I don’t mind Sims, but I’d reallly like to see Beau Fermor come to Manly. He’s a bloody impressive edge forward with amazing footwork..
100% would be a FAR smarter move, but doubt Tits would let him go....Bozo's claims of "Speed kills," is actually coming to fruition, in the sped up modern game....

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8