Takeover bid set to rock Manly Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
robbiea said:
In that case Jethro ,i don't expect to see no more swearing here .Keep busy..

Refer to Post: #47 of this thread.

Just because you chose to put a space and a dash after the initial "c" letter before the rest of the word doesn't make it that you didn't say the "C" word in the thread that I pulled you up on.

Keep your posts clean and they won't get pulled up.

Please stop questioning the moderators. The job is difficult and thankless, they do the best they can.

Jethro does a great job as do all the mods. Cut them some slack and make life easier for all of us.

An FYI I will be absent for a few days and MB and Jethro will be in charge.

They bitch between themselves....not really professional, questions will be asked as there are favorites who get more latitude

As far as I can tell there are two key points

1. You get what you pay for. We all pay nothing for this site and if anything we cause more pain (by moderation etc) than gain. Unless this was a user pay system realistically we are getting what we pay for

2. If you are unhappy with how the forum is moderated leave. I have had posts edited etc. It is a fact of life - if i did not like it i would stop bitching and moaning and just leave

Daniel said:
An FYI I will be absent for a few days and MB and Jethro will be in charge.

Is that like at work when the boss is away its time to test the limits???

We are in good hands MB and Jethro will crack any heads that need cracking. Now where did I put that helmet.:D

I like the red line...that's when you know someone has gone over the top......I can feel another red line coming soon (as we get closer to election day).

It's like federal poltics, you are in one camp or the other!!

You reap what you sew. I agree that Jethro does a good job (apart from the 1 mistake :) ) but the reason he and other mods are left to tidy up is predominantly because of the terrible example that has been set by Matabele. Everyone can see it. I mean no other moderator carries on in the blatantly disrespectful way that Matabele does so often. It's crazy.

That he is allowed to carry on like he does and not be pulled into line makes it look like he is a protected specie.
Either that or he has the goat photos. I don't really know why it continues but I'm just saying....

Sorry Wamf you don't sew (as in stitching) you sow as in seeds. Now as i've previously explained the mixing of metaphors etc will simply not be tolerated in the off-season, I have sent Jethro a message insisting such stuff be cracked down upon, and also, upon upon. Just so you understand, no sewing or knitting on this site, period.

WAMF said:
... the terrible example that has been set by Matabele. Everyone can see it. I mean no other moderator carries on in the blatantly disrespectful way that Matabele does so often. It's crazy.
This is unfair. Matable has untold self respect, you seriously can't expect him to have any respect left over for the rest of us :)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Sorry Wamf you don't sew (as in stitching) you sow as in seeds. Now as i've previously explained the mixing of metaphors etc will simply not be tolerated in the off-season, I have sent Jethro a message insisting such stuff be cracked down upon, and also, upon upon. Just so you understand, no sewing or knitting on this site, period.

WAMF said:

That’s rather sexist! He might enjoy a sew, a knit or a pearl 1. After all he is in WA so not much else to do. :D

I believe Penn is the good guy here. He listens to Zorba and Des.

Ever since Zorba was punted, staff and players were upset. The constant interference continues from the board.

"Someone" has an ego issue. I agree that someone did help back in 2002 but he ran dry a long time ago. He keeps telling everybody how Manly sucked millions out of his pocket. Do the world need to know how expensive it is to run our club?

Remember the time when someone stepped in to resign a player despite Des wanting to let go of?

People with no football experience dictating to the coach and players, and set silly KPIs on a coach that took us to 3 Grand Finals. No wonder we're in a mess.

Jatz Crackers said:
robbiea said:

That best not be yet another dig at moderators & crying foul when your own miscalculations get pulled up.

Sorry Sir ,I apologize again ,Doing a great job guys ....

WAMF said:
You reap what you sew. I agree that Jethro does a good job (apart from the 1 mistake :) ) but the reason he and other mods are left to tidy up is predominantly because of the terrible example that has been set by Matabele. Everyone can see it. I mean no other moderator carries on in the blatantly disrespectful way that Matabele does so often. It's crazy.

That he is allowed to carry on like he does and not be pulled into line makes it look like he is a protected specie.
Either that or he has the goat photos. I don't really know why it continues but I'm just saying....

Oh boo hoo hoo. As a relatively new regular you have no understanding of the history, narrative or myth of this site, nor have you bothered to inquire. You are always welcome to depart, seeing as you threaten to do so often.

@DSM5 and @WAMF - How about we cut the pistols at dawn routine for a while and see if we can appreciate each other for our differences?

Matabele said:
Jatz Crackers said:
robbiea said:

That best not be yet another dig at moderators & crying foul when your own miscalculations get pulled up.

There's just no accountability these days. Honestly these fruitloops who whinge and moan when they don't get their way, and agitate as though they own the site and have a stake in its existence. It's a free service, if you don't like it, noone compels them to come here. Little wonder Daniel is sorely tempted to wind things up sometimes.
Whinging
Agitating
Moaning
Fruitloops
U just described yourself to a tea..
Referring to your earlier post about the general site myth of you being involved with the Penn Family.If anyone was led to believe you had any dealings with them ,it would of came from your own fairy taled ,far fetched , ego boosting rants..
Please Matabele ,Do you really think people buy what you are peddling ??

Matas I only do this because I'm bored, the footies over, and you keep calling me Mr Pot. I'll be back at work next week so all will be good. Keep the peace. Truce in place until the new season, or Z gets elected. Cheers.

Can't vouch for WAMF though

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4