Takeover bid set to rock Manly Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
WAMF said:
Daniel said:
WAMF said:
I wonder who the only quote in this 'Exclusive' comes from? As expected there is no source named in relation to the 'I don't know what Penn looks like' quote. Surprise surprise.

Quote was about Perry and not Penn, it's worth reading an article completely and comprehending it before passing judgement on it

You've obviously never made an error. No need to be snide.

Well, at least you got the "Pe" part right :D

How would this change anything?

you would still have one party who has stumped up some cash facing the same problems

Jethro said:
WAMF said:
Daniel said:
WAMF said:
I wonder who the only quote in this 'Exclusive' comes from? As expected there is no source named in relation to the 'I don't know what Penn looks like' quote. Surprise surprise.

Quote was about Perry and not Penn, it's worth reading an article completely and comprehending it before passing judgement on it

You've obviously never made an error. No need to be snide.

Well, at least you got the "Pe" part right :D
Yes Jethro :)

Lets say I won $10 million on lotto and I wanted to buy Manly. Would that be allowed or would it have to be a corporate Business?

You couldn't buy the whole lot, but if one or more stakeholders, barring the leagues and football clubs, wanted to sell , then yes you could. It's that sort of world out there. Those that have money, get, those that don't have money, watch.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
So is Penn the Bad guy in all the squabbling over the years, a big head syndrome perhaps, correct me me if I'm wrong

My opinion is i never liked & yeah i think he is the cause of it...

I`m just glad this is happening now & not 2weeks before kick off next season..

Max was the original saviour ....
Penn just come along after Max did all the hard work then fukd everything up..

Max wouldn`t have let Des go, for one ..

Oh jjai

Not sure where to start with that one so will agree to disagree

lsz said:
Oh jjai

Not sure where to start with that one so will agree to disagree

Hey Isz,

It`s just my opinion on it all, i`m not saying i`m correct.. Thats just how i feel about it..

Not a problem - I do not see the point of "arguing" over it and rehashing the same old problems in another thread

You have your opinion I have mine (Each is as valid as the other)

I stand by my earlier point another buy out will just paper over the cracks again. Until there is an independent review of the structure etc these problems will continue to appear

The best thing that's happened is that we have options. I didn't think anyone would want any part of the club after recent events but obviously there are people out there willing to come to the party should one or both current owners decide to go or sell up it's share.

I see it this way

Penn lost me when he trashed delmege about $400k bill with Mayer at his side at a press conference which was supposed to be about a new sponsor.

I hope penn gets rissoled with he 1/2 price ownership.

Maybe he is the problem?

Good riddance Penn - U pompous <DELETED> ..
Are u going to take your mouthpiece Matabele with u ??

You may need to have another read of the Silvertails Terms and Conditions and especially what is written under the heading "Inappropriate Language and Use". Your second sentence could also be deemed as to have breached the rules too but I will leave that for Matabele to decide.

http://www.silvertails.net/articles/site-information/5144-terms-of-use

I can't understand the hatred for Penn or Delmege. Sure, they both had egos but that goes with the territory. Delmege ran out of cash and Penn got the sh!ts that Delmege wasn't paying his fair share. Maybe neither of them played that out as well as they could have and there is no question that it damaged the club, but unfortunately sometimes these things happen in business.

At the end of the day I think we owe a lot to both of them. We have won 2 premierships under this ownership structure and most importantly we have a club.

Quite an achievement when you compare us with the other club which is privately owned with two owners - Would anyone prefer the business acumen and football brains of Peter Holmes a Court and Russell Crowe to be in charge of our club?

Dave Warwick confirmed to Dogs.

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have appointed Dave Warwick as the Club's new Recruitment and Development manager for NRL season 2012 and beyond.

Warwick joins the Club from Manly-Warringah and fills the gap left by the departure of Peter Mulholland at the conclusion of the season just passed.

It's one of three key staffing appointments the Club has made in recent weeks, with Scott Murray also joining the Club as Toyota Cup head coach while Barry Ward has relinquished his seat on the Bulldogs football Club Board to take on the role of Bulldogs NSW Cup coach.

Murray becomes just the second man to coach the Bulldogs at Toyota Cup level, following on from Junior Kangaroos coach Andy Patmore, who has been promoted to full time NRL assistant under Jim Dymock.

Warwick boasts decades of experience in the recruitment and retention of football teams in addition to his eight seasons with the Sea Eagles, having worked with Brisbane's Wynnum Manly, the Northern Eagles, and the North Sydney Bears.

“Dave brings with him a great amount of experience and knowledge of systems and he's going to be a welcome addition to the team here at the Bulldogs,” chief executive officer Todd Greenberg said.

“He will only build upon the outstanding work of Peter Mulholland in delivering on the Club's commitment to fostering and investing in every level of operations, from the junior development ranks right up to the NRL.”

Ward's NSW Cup appointment sees him return to coaching, having cut his teeth with the Bulldogs Harold Matthews Cup, SG Ball, and Jersey Flegg sides following his playing retirement at the conclusion of the 2003 season.

In all, Ward coached four seasons, reaching preliminary finals in SG Ball (2006) and Jersey Flegg (2007). He stood down as coach after his election to the Bulldogs football Club board in early 2008.

“Barry has done great work at Board level over the past four years however he has always expressed a desire to get back into coaching,” Greenberg said.

“This is a great opportunity and a big challenge for him, taking over a side that has had a lot of success over the past three seasons. We certainly wish him well and thank him for his four years of outstanding service on our Board of Directors.”

Murray joins the Bulldogs with a long history in Rugby League both as a player and, for the past decade, as a coach.

After 10 years as a player for the Sydney Roosters, St George Dragons, South Sydney Rabbitohs and Cronulla Sharks, Murray started coaching the Roosters junior development sides in 2002, alternating between the Roosters and Rabbitohs in the time since.

He has coached four seasons at Toyota Cup level, with the Roosters (2008-10) and Rabbitohs (2011).

“Scott is a school teacher by trade and we expect that he will bring great structure and process to our Toyota Cup program in 2012,” Greenberg added.

“He has big shoes to fill, following on from Andy Patmore, and we expect that he will do a great job.”

Warwick, Ward and Murray officially commence in their new roles in the coming week.

http://leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=22128

Dave is recruitment and development manager at dogs, which suggests crusher won't be going there.

Shoe1 said:
Dave is recruitment and development manager at dogs, which suggests crusher won't be going there.
Mrs Hasler has already told Baz who told the forum that Crusher was set to leave.

WAMF said:
I fail to see how this is a bad new story. We have a business interested in buying the 'brand'. This can only be good for the clubs longevity.
I agree WAMF this is great news for us as we need the extra cash to stay competitive and keep our star players , This Takeover bid is set to rock the other clubs and not the Manly Eagles.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8