Tahu out of Origin 2

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
leaving aside the villification issue  and without condoning what johns said for a moment an obvious question is "how stupid is Johns?"

I have often heard the term black c...t used in pub conversations(some times offensively,some times with no ill will at all) but how many times have you heard it with an aboriginal mate sitting at the table.I was  having a beer with the legendary SOO one timer Phil Dukes brother the other night who is a great fella and the thought of saying something like that in his presence would be ridiculous.i wouldnt have a clue what his reaction would be but why would anyone contemplate saying it in a mixed race environment among friends at all.the stupidity of the act is a crime in itself particularly in a professional sporting environment.

ill let you blokes decide the morals of the situation but he should be charged with a grade 5 idiot offence.

I was listening to Tony Carrol on Brisbane radio a few months back he was filling in as a regular on a breakfast show and the question was raised what he thought of the Johns brothers.

His reply was: "Not interested"

He continued on to say that Matty isn't to bad but Andrew Johns just reeks of arrogance and is a real tool. Apparently not many of the players in the Australian side liked his much and I find it hard to see why anything would change now.

I dont think it would take much for these guys to get offside with a bloke like him.

The Sunday Telegraph can reveal Johns told Blues centre Beau Scott: "You must shut that black c... down", referring to Maroons' star Greg Inglis.

Tahu stewed over Johns' comments for two days until he told coach Craig Bellamy he was leaving. Parramatta chief executive Paul Osborne consoled Tahu, but he will not return to camp.

It was claimed Tahu told relatives yesterday: "He (Johns) has been using this term since I was 18. I can no longer look him in the eye."

Johns is an idiot.

In todays tele Carrol is quoted "Our black magic does not fit in with the philosophy of the NSW hierarchy. Johns should have been more mindful. I can't believe a person of his status would say that. I applaud Timana for taking a stand and it is NSW's loss."

What im gathering is that the term black is only offensive when used by white coloured people, something racist in itself.

If its an offensive term then no one should use it, you cant just pick and choose when things like that are offensive and that is one of the reasons this incident occured in the first place.

I think what offended Tahu was not the 'black' word, but the coupling of 'black ****', an offensive term under any circumstance, bonding or otherwise.

I'm not surprised that comment gets used and tahu should harden the fck up. But I admire him for not playing if it meant that much to him.

DSM5 link said:
I think what offended Tahu was not the 'black' word, but the coupling of 'black c**t', an offensive term under any circumstance, bonding or otherwise.

Yep have to agree, if he had said black bastard he might have gotten away with it, but black c... is hard to explain away as anything other than a racial slur.

Johns is an idiot. Be interesting if Channel 9 hang him out to dry, or whether they spin him out of the sh!t.

Utility Player link said:
Look out for a one on one interview with Gus where Joey confesses to being a racist because his path was once crossed by a black dog.

You can hurl as much abuse & F words as you like at the Ref but you lose your job for using one of them on a player.

Not saying either is right but!

You've missed the point there jerry1. It's the explicit, unreconstructed white on black racist language that Johns used in his leadership role in that elite footballing mens club of SOO. Tahu couldn't betray his ethnic belonging (one more time it seems in his years with Johns) and pretend to be in the 'we' group that says 'they' are c***s 'we' have to deal with.

What planet is that idiot Johns from? Take a look around the SOO teams, and the NRL in general you f****n peanut. At least he seems to be making the right noises in the media now about learning a lesson. Noone's perfect I guess (maybe he could give us back his 97 premiership ring while he's feeling publically apologetic.....)

Johns is just an idiot.  First prolonged drug use, and now this.  No excuses.  He and his brother must make their parents proud.  Rub him out. 

What can we expect??

He is a rugby league player who grew up in Newcastle, the home of the "Blonde haired, pot smokin, surfie Bogan".

I thought he described himself as a 'white trash Cessnock kid'.  That should do his parents proud.

DSM5 link said:
I thought he described himself as a 'white trash Cessnock kid'.  That should do his parents proud.
Remember when they were at their peak and the media loved the whole "close brothers,fine family,great for the game" crap? Wonder what the sycophants have got to say these days?

just seen johns has been axed from parramatta `s coaching staff also..

'coon, ****', equally offensive.  Rub the idiot out.  Actually 'coon' is probably more offensive.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7