Tagatese

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Despite many of your thoughts looks like he's heading our way.

I'm guessing then that the Klemmer rumour is just that now!
I don't think Tagatese will be the starting forward, he may be just for depth. We'll see although I'm not really expecting klemmer to come, would love to get him or JWH. Both players are at clubs that may need to squeeze out players due to cap pressure

Tagatese is a good signing and will hopefully follow the renewed trend of coming to manly and improving ****loads. He is still a good player without improvement and will bring a bit of experience, which we desperately need to retain in this young side.

He's a bench , depth signing and thats it .30 odd year old just dont get this , happy to be proved wrong.

Personally I think this a good signing for the following reasons
1. he is dynamite at his best and although he is no longer at his best, Barrett has proven that he can get the best out of players so I expect him to shine under Baz and the culture of the playing group
2. he is a couple of years younger than Lawrence but has played nearly 60 more FG games and has GF experience so he is an old head that can lead the younger brigade but is a younger, bigger and stronger footballer than Lawrence (no offence to BJ who is a real warrior)
3. He can play off the bench and AFB can transition into the starting side where his talent was always going to take him sooner or later.

Sure, Sam is not going to be a world beater but he will play a role.

Would you take Adam Blair on a reasonable deal for two years?
I hate Blair but I think he is a good footballer. In saying that, I don't think he is a good fit with this squad in terms of the style. We need someone who will just tuck it under the arm and run hard (which Tagatese will do), whereas Blair is a little flashy, likes to use the ball and we already have enough players that like to offload. We need a metre eater and Blair's statistics show that he is not particularly strong in this area.

Won't make our full strength 17 unless he drastically improves/applies himself. Good depth though.

We also signed two Sg ball young guns from the Sharks metcalf and kioa. Both very promising.

That's awesome! Always good to have promising youngsters in our club. According to NRL news Metcalf was player of round 22;
" Players of the Round
We're tracking the best performances every round this year with a good old-fashioned 3-2-1 points system.

3 – This was one of those weeks when we could have chosen at least 20 worthy candidates, but in the end we went with Sharks five-eighth Luke Metcalf who scored a hat-trick, had one try assist and ran for 235 metres in the big win over Canberra. "

Just a little sample for all the feathered friend doubters
Round 2, 2016 Hit on St George Illawarra hard man Jack Debelin who fell like a bag of sht
When was the last time one of our blokes hit some one like that ?

I'd prefer we'd keep BJ if that's the trade
The club does have a pretty outstanding record on knowing when to let guys go. I don't know who exactly makes that call but they are either a genius or have a team of knee cappers who get to work as soon as the player is gone...

Thank you all for not "trolling"me for my Blair question as it was legit. They were talking about how he's unsigned and Aaron "Supercat" Woods was talking up how good he is off the field, particularly with the young Islanders. For mine, it would be too much like repeating the Myles signing, but with more bad blood (obviously). Part of me though does think it would be interesting just because of the clear line in the sand they would be putting between now and the previous era. Would be a ballsy move but doomed to fail because if they did and he didn't fire, the club would cop it hard.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8