T turbo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah right, as if they'd "do a Des".....the Dogs can 'want' all they want, it won't happen :shake:

Every player that plays SOO is on the radar of every club, why would the Turbo's be any different.
Any team that says they wouldn't sign them is full of crap.

There would be 30+ players at other teams Des would love to sign but that is unrealistic with the salary cap.
Every team would love to have the Queensland side over the last decade as their club team.

I don't think they would leave if the club is realistic with contract offers, they are 1 club players and seem to love the club and local area too much to run off for a few dollars.

I have heard on the grape vine its not only the dogs but there are 14 other clubs interested in him
I'd be surprised if not all clubs are interested in him/them, however they are not being paid peanuts by Manly, far from it, their whole family is Manly, and I very much doubt it he would leave us for anything under an extra $300,000 per season, especially seeing he'll be still playing with his brothers, living and training on the Northern Beaches, as opposed to Belmore, and let's not forget the taxman will take half of that money also, they have as much chance of taking him away from us, as we have of now taking Ponga away from Newcastle.

Every player that plays SOO is on the radar of every club, why would the Turbo's be any different.
Any team that says they wouldn't sign them is full of crap.

There would be 30+ players at other teams Des would love to sign but that is unrealistic with the salary cap.
Every team would love to have the Queensland side over the last decade as their club team.

I don't think they would leave if the club is realistic with contract offers, they are 1 club players and seem to love the club and local area too much to run off for a few dollars.

I agree, any club that says they’re not interested in the Tur-bros is either full of cap or full of crap

They won’t go anywhere ,Tom Jake & Ben
They are the kind of guys that will stay at Manly for less
It will only be if Manly don’t want them

So the Dogs have approached Turbo to join them with the hope of landing Jake as well.....Des can tell them exactly what its like over there. That alone should be enough to stay at Manly before you get into anything else.

Just one thing though.....whatever happened to clubs not being able to approach players before a certain date (which currently escapes me)?

So the Dogs have approached Turbo to join them with the hope of landing Jake as well.....Des can tell them exactly what its like over there. That alone should be enough to stay at Manly before you get into anything else.

Just one thing though.....whatever happened to clubs not being able to approach players before a certain date (which currently escapes me)?
November this year. And Manly have first rights.

I thought I heard recently u can 'talk' to players at anytime. But u can't nut out numbers and formally negotiate prior to November the year before the contract expires. Wish I knew where I read it but apparently that's a big misconception that the media have propagated. For example sometimes clubs release players wayyyy early so obviously ure allowed to ask a question.

Under the NRL's current anti-tampering policy, players can negotiate with rival clubs from November 1 the year before their contract ends.
That's cool Batty but how on earth then can some players leave to another team longer than that period? Like I said, u can ask the question and then if the player and club are agreeable away u go. Tyrone Peachey anyone??

I thought I heard recently u can 'talk' to players at anytime. But u can't nut out numbers and formally negotiate prior to November the year before the contract expires. Wish I knew where I read it but apparently that's a big misconception that the media have propagated. For example sometimes clubs release players wayyyy early so obviously ure allowed to ask a question.
Nrl 360

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8