T-Rex

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Unfair to criticise T Rex I reckon, his effectiveness was reduced again but it is up to the playmakers, and dare I say, coaches, to make sure he knows where to be and how to get maximum impact.

He tries hard, maybe is still feeling the back a little, but he isn't yet the type who seems to jump in and take the game over on his own intitiative, he needs to be deployed.

He needs direcction and there was none. The communication from Foz and DCE was non existent. We just looked like our only option was throw it to Gift and Lyon and hope they can conjure something. They have to learn to take control of these guys and they aren't at the moment. At 600k a season they better lean fast.

Last year Foz would run to the line and atleast put Trex between defenders or have them backpedaling. It seems this year their just shoveling the ball to Trex and hoping he runs over the top of 3/4 defenders.

Our set plays and attacking structures just aren't there at the moment. Foz has got to take responsibility and give Trex a chance to break the line.

Also Snake not being there us a huge blow to our fluency in attack. Can't win the premiership without Snake IMO.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Napper said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Do you blokes actually watch a game and form an opinion or decide it before hand ?

Lazy ?

No Manly forward made more runs than him, he made 14 and ran for 119m. The only 2 to take more runs and make more metres were Whare and Taufua. Comparing work rates Choc 12 runs for 82m and Stewart 9 for 46m. They both had him well covered defensively though

On the Bulldogs forwards side, only Pritchard and Graham did more than him.

6 tackles breaks, the most of any player in the game. 3 offloads, again the most of any player in the game. He also made 1 of our 4 line breaks

His attacking stats look pretty but as you said his defence was not as flash.

9 tackle

Foran the 90kg half outside him made double on 18.

Lazyness or blokes arent running at him?

If I had a choice of running at Foran or Willians I know where I would be running !! Haha

Same as the other side of the park, DCE made 27 tackles on the inside of Lyon who made 18

Still thats 2 and 3 x more than T-rex. How many missed?

mickqld said:
He needs direcction and there was none.

This guy is a Test and SOO player. He's been coached by the best, and you say he needs direction?
If he needs to be told where the opposition try line is, and that you need to be running at speed to best get there, then he must be the dumbest footballer ever.
Give me someone like Harrison who makes the most of his physical abilities, tackles, can put a player through a gap, and tries 100%.

I thought T-Rex was a pretty awesome guy when I met him at the LA Hotel back in '08 on our first footy function for MWTS.

After v Newcastle and v Bulldogs he has dropped in my expectation of awesomeness.

He seems like he just doesn't want to be there!

Pass him the ball and he thinks he's a half-back and gets rid of it.
His attacking runs.... or walks... are very ordinary - throw a few good palms, push for 5-8m and that'll do. Most annoying when oppositions work out how to bring him down... i.e. tackles his ankles, like Graeme, the Pommie guy, did all night.

Since he picked De Gois up like a rag-doll, he's worked out that he can't tackle like that on a footy field. Unfortunately he hasn't worked out how he CAN tackle, and therefore, doesn't!

He can go for 80 mins? So what? He does FA in that time.
He needs to be taken aside and have some one-on-one time with a coach that can explain things to him ... in simpleton language.

I don't understand why he stands so flat in attack. I'd like to see him take a 20 meter run up like Fui Fui and actually hit the line at full noise. It never seems to happen.

I'm with kiwi eagle and some others. Lay off the Rex and watch the game without thinking about where he will be next year. Ran like a man posessed in the early and most physical stages. He was and is usually out most dangerous forward. Dogs did well against him and his back is clearly not 100%. Lazy? Please?..

DCE and Foz (when they've been on the field together) seem to be more heavily spotted by opposition defences this year. This then limits the effectiveness of their runners(like T-Rex).

Both of 'em will come good, they're too good not to, just not sure yet if it will be this year. The attack just looks ad hoc lately. Dunno if that's down to the absence of Snake or the coaching. I get the feeling that senior players are having more say this year than under Des.

Tooves is no Des yet but I like his style.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6