T-Rex

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

JMG

I was just wondering on everyone's opinions on Tony Williams are?

I feel like he has become very one dimensional in attack as of late resorting to receiving the ball off no run and fending a few players off and stumbling 5-10m... He would be absolutely devastating running onto the ball and running over the little fellas.

In defence, he is becoming undone and in my opinion isn't very good at making a read on the play.

I'm very thankful that Manly are pushing the big bucks at Foran, DCE & Stewart brothers to keep them in the club rather than throwing the big money at T-Rex.

Don't get me wrong he can be absolutely devastating on his day but I feel he is very unpredictable which is the last thing you want when your trying to cement domination on the comp.

The realisation that he is joining Canterbury may also be playing on his mind.

I'm with you. I don't know why the guy doesn't position himself when we're 10 - 20 meter away from their line. Instead, he runs when 10 - 20 meters from our line.

Agree. I have mixed feelings about him. He should get deeper and run on to the ball more. Potentially he is devestating, but he's really only shown it for Manly occasionally.
Tonight will be a good test.

He better frigging well aim up. He owes us for all the laziness and missed games the last 4 yrs.

He is no Stewart or Watmough, but with those pair is part of an awesome back row.

He is the most likely of the 3 to fail.

He needs to just run straight and hard into the defence. Not jog up and try and bump off the 1st defender (even though it's funny).

He wastes energy doing that. He must get involved more, he only seems to take a hit up when the ball goes to him, never looks for more work. Needs to step up!

On top of this, I have noticed he is becoming very lazy. I think it was the Manly v Parra game the ball was thrown to take a hit up and he launched it away and then went down on his haunches. I know he is carrying around a huge frame but even still.

Brookvale said:
he's like a giant combustion engine. takes time to wind up.

I wouldn't want to tackle him.

I would just wait till he trips over and whack him in the head on the way down. lol

I think people wanting him to hit the line instead of just lumbering up and trying to palm people off is fair. He hasn't played very well for us since the roosters game. Maybe it was just an effort to impress Ricky? Hope i'm wrong. We'll need himat his best tonight.

Stevo said:
Brookvale said:

I would just wait till he trips over and whack him in the head on the way down. lol

Don't give Kasiano ideas :D

On his form though, I wouldn't be surprised if he is regretting his decision a little and its playing on his mind. I RLW this week he was quoted as saying "If it was up to me, I'd be staying" and went on to say how his parents told him to take the money. Maybe it's was BS to apease Manly fans, I've no idea. Just thought it was an interesting comment.

I feel now that Glenn is playing T Rex will play better as he (T Rex ) needs someone to guide him around the park. Glenn seems to do that the best.

T-Rex probably hasn't been 100% fit since the Sharkies game in Round 3/4 when he got suspended. It wasn't until about 2 weeks before the semis last year, when he decided to turn it on. I'll reserve judgement until closer to the finals.

If we get the ball from kick off, give it to him instead of Kingy, have him take the first hit up when kasiano the thug tries to put him on a stretcher. Might wake him up for the rest of the game

I agree with the thought he needs to hit the line with force rather than hit the first guy then look for an offload. I mentioned it during the parra game. Maybe it is an injury issue, he is just playing it a little easier until he knows he is fit.
I am not buying into the while he is not putting in because he is leaving. He doesn't hate the club, he won't shut up shop because he is moving on. Like all players he wants to win premierships. Hopefully he aims up tonight

globaleagle said:
dunno about that cuz

I wish that he would run on to the ball more.

I remember laughing through the whole Foran saga

When the reports were he was gone, he was over rated and a waste of money etc, then he put pen to paper with us and was back among the worlds best and worth every cent :)

mosto said:
Stevo said:
Brookvale said:

Don't give Kasiano ideas :D

On his form though, I wouldn't be surprised if he is regretting his decision a little and its playing on his mind. I RLW this week he was quoted as saying "If it was up to me, I'd be staying" and went on to say how his parents told him to take the money. Maybe it's was BS to apease Manly fans, I've no idea. Just thought it was an interesting comment.

As I mentioned around the time of it, that is the way that the Polynesian families work, the parents get all the say in it.

Have heard the same thing with Folau, he wasn't keen to go but the family said take the money so he did. Wouldn't be surprised if there was something similar for young hoppa

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2