T-Rex should be tested as starting prop

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cliffy4PM said:
Considering hes only 23 and can play nearly any position on the park, i dont think hes a slow learner. We have to many supporters with peas for brains.

Lets hope you dont roll off your plate then.

He was ordinary at wing and now doing well (after much coaching) in the 2row. He stays where he is and learns more about that role in the team.

I think our buggest problem heading into the semi's (other than more injuries ) is if Rose and Joe both push into the starting pack due to injuries is we may lack their spark off the bench with the likes of Mauro/ Lussick/ Robinson /Buhrer or even Kite.

So I agree with those people saying we need T Rex's impact off the bench more than ever now. I reckon coming off the bench he can play a bit like a prop for us anyway ( eg take one out hit ups & make yards ).

Joe should be the 1 that moves to the prop rotation, keep big Tony where he is. Halves that come up against us will be ****ting their pants at the likelihood of T-Rex running at them on the fringes, most of all Jamie Soward who already has some defensive deficiencies.

It just seems like yesterday most on here were keen to punt T -Rex for a lack of "heart"

Oh how things change

lsz said:
It just seems like yesterday most on here were keen to punt T -Rex for a lack of "heart"

Oh how things change

I was one of them. If I see him playing on the wing (or even in the pack for that matter) in the same manner as he did before, I will be back on that bandwagon with the same line. He has improved dramatically since he switched position.

lsz said:

Oh how things change

The T rex was always like the volcano that we were all waiting for to erupt as he always had the potential , and finally the T Rex has erupted big time!!!

Maybe he is now playing where he was intended - not where he was previously required

Doesn't really change the fact that he looked lazy and uninterested on the wing though does it?

Des wouldn't have copped a player who was lazy in the side

The funny thing is, the amount of carries that Williams was making, compared to the amount that Oldfield is making, is very similar, but hasn't been a mention of laziness on Oldfield's behalf

I think with T-Rex it was the potential we all knew he had.....if you have never met him (I have) he's enormous....I am not that tall but he literally towers over me....and is built like a brick ****house.

The angst (I think) with him for so long was that he was like a pussy cat....now he's like a roaring Lion.

Whatever he had before the game on Sunday - feed it to him every week!! The guy is a machine in the backrow and the memeories of a slow, lazy winger are totally forgotten.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Des wouldn't have copped a player who was lazy in the side

The funny thing is, the amount of carries that Williams was making, compared to the amount that Oldfield is making, is very similar, but hasn't been a mention of laziness on Oldfield's behalf

I said he looked lazy not he was lazy.

Like Mark said, everyone could see his potential he just wasn't living up to it. That day he used Slater as a boot brush he set the tone for his career. His amount of carries might be the same as Oldfields but most thought he had the ability to do more and he wasn't doing it.

Now the guy's like a freak off the leash.

On a side note, bring back personal try tones! I'd love to hear freak on a leash everytime T-Rex scores!!!

Not to sound like Rex but

Perception often does not equal reality here. T-Rex, despite scoring a number of tries last year, was on a hiding to nothing

Tony Williams can become alot like Dave Taylor imo, he is lethal on the edge combining with Foran, he will draw in alot of defenders. Using him at prop would be a waste

Mark from Brisbane said:
I think with T-Rex it was the potential we all knew he had.....if you have never met him (I have) he's enormous....I am not that tall but he literally towers over me....and is built like a brick ****house.

The angst (I think) with him for so long was that he was like a pussy cat....now he's like a roaring Lion.

Spot on Mark, he really can be the most damaging player in the NRL!!

There are a few players who strike terror into oppositions when the have the ball as they are virtually unstoppable. The beast, Jamal, Dave Taylor come to mind.

T-Rex can be top of the list but only if he wants to be. I've always rated him. He needs to stay angry :)

• 👍
Reactions: ads
I've backed this guy from day 1. saying i'd rather he was in our team and not against us. Copped it from a few of the posters here. But that's what forums are about.

Gee i'm so glad he is back!

lsz said:
Not to sound like Rex but

Perception often does not equal reality here. T-Rex, despite scoring a number of tries last year, was on a hiding to nothing

Bingo !!

Like those blokes who are quick and never get run down, but always look slowish

Yeah sure he scored alot of good strong trys from close range. But where was that aggression and hunger at the other end of the field?

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7