T-Rex should be tested as starting prop

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
We have the luxury of testing him in this position before the semis.

I think that he should start, now that we have lost King. Rose is better suited to bench and T-Rex could be anything as a starting prop.

Thoughts?

Prefer him as an impact off the bench attacking those fringes. For me its stick with Rose , but would have liked Lussick involved as an interchange front rower.

The 1st 20 would be too demanding for him, he works better like a few have already said at the back ends of each half not starting, although you could possibly start him after halftime give him 10 then a spell for 20 & back in for the final 10, keeps him fresh too incase any backs get injured in that final 15 minutes..

He won a grand final at 5/8. was pretty damaging then also.
Actually I'd like to see him at 5/8 when we have an attacking scrum in the 20 meter zone.

Mmm ... Good comments.

Yes, it's questionable whether he has the stamina. But ... When it all counts in the opening exchanges, he is clean and hard. Has he given away a penalty yet? I don't think he has.

If anybody moves to prop, Joe is the man

Keep running Tony on the edges at the halves from depth, half of them will be ****ting themselves. Not many people would be keen to run at a side containing Watmough, Tony, Matai and Foran either

He could handle the props role mate - has the required size, strength & direct running & definately a huge plus in the middle of the park & have even noticed more aggression since getting more involved. Its simply a case that his best asset imo for the team is that 15-25 minute mark to add that dynamic impact. He is better served for quality over a short period than quantity over a long stint.

got the parts.

its the engine he may be missing for the front row.

thats not to say he wont be up to it in a few seasons.

Trex definately not a prop. His charges are best suited just on the fringes, running and some of oppositions smaller defenders.(eg steamrolling Pearce and carney on wend)
I'd be starting with smokin Joe with Georgie coming from the bench.

he needs to keep doing what he is doing now!

because, how long did it take him to get to the point where people are saying how good he is? lol. point being that he seems a slow learner and would not be able to be a quality front rower in such a quick time. Yes he has the size and game to be there for an emergency, but that's why he suits the bench, x-factor, can go anywhere, but preferably on the fringes steamrolling over players that are smaller than him (i guess thats every player right? :p)

Considering hes only 23 and can play nearly any position on the park, i dont think hes a slow learner. We have to many supporters with peas for brains.

Cliffy4PM said:
Considering hes only 23 and can play nearly any position on the park, i dont think hes a slow learner. We have to many supporters with peas for brains.

any position to an NRL standard? And how long has he taken to get where he is now? Don't get me wrong i don't expect every player to be like DCE and blitz there career from the word go, but u can't say t-rex is the sharpest tool in the shed. I admire Des' patience to get him where he is now, which further enhances my opinion of keeping t-rex doing what he is doing best.

Seeing this weeks team ,which apart from Wolf is the best we get, it reminds me of the Bozo coaching days. He was always the advocate of big players. Just look at our size with Kite,George,T Rex,Lussick,Robinson. There are some very big lads there but with plenty of mobility. I'm excited about seeing T Rex and Lussick coming off the bench. That should be some awesome impact.

In my opinion we will be lacking on the bench without Rose's extra punch,which will be starting,Tony MUST start from the bench for this very reason,i would love to see him come in the front row,oh god how i would love it,Lussick while very solid doesnt add any punch just yet,but im sure he will one day

I hope we keep him forever....

Rose needs to start I feel he's played his best this year starting. Rex off the bench with nood will give us plenty of back up

ipad-art-wide-manly1-420x0.jpg

For this season, leave him on the bench coming on as a left side backrower running on the fringes off Foran. Also, I think George's best games have been when he is in the starting side, so he deserves the #8. Joe and Robinson should be in our prop rotation, not T-Rex.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2