T-Rex must go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Remember, Manu Vatuvai was CRAP in his fist couple of seasons in 1st grade. Look at him now.

DSM5 link said:
Shane you are completely correct.  I too noticed this positional weirdness at Penrith, and I'm sure Penrith did as we all saw.   I just don't understand Des at times.  Didn't he notice what was happening and adjust?  No.  I happen to like Big Tony on the wing.  He's scored many tries other players, i.e David W, wouldn't have.  And closing down Sutton at the Souths game was an excellent defensive play.   It won us that game, along with the strong try he scored.

I know its a bit harsh to question Des but sometimes he makes my hair look like his own...No offense to T Rex nor Whare but i would have seen that right wing as a big gaping hole and attacked it all night,a kid who will inevidibly make some poor defense reads beside a winger whos turning circle has been compared to that of the QE2,Matai would have been a great partner to Trex that night because Robbos step would put him over the right hand sideline and he has already formed a formidible combination with Whare

I love how when Trex gets his legs pumping he makes opponents look like cricket stumps vs a 16pound bowling ball,he is absolutely devastating in attack but not quiet quick enough on either the read or the step of the NRL level,he will come good but by that stage hopefully his in the back row

The Williams sisters have different and respectable ways of crossing the stripe,T Rex with the bash and barge and Wolfman has the speed the step and even some of the power of his backup player,i wouldnt mind seeing him inside Robbo every week or maybe even in lock however with our back row,who would we even drop? We have alot of depth but the problem is we have to many injuries at this point in time,i just hope they dont rush Killer back in because he is our ace in the hole and 3rd playermaker out of 4 (TH?Foran = passing,Lyon = kicking,Farrar = bit of both but not as good as the prince)

I honestly think T rex has been very good this year in most games. I notice he got a 7 rating in RLW for the Penrith game, which was equal highest of any Manly player.  Im more concerned with the forwards. IMO King, Rodney and Ballin have been the only forwards who been playing well for most of the year.

Big T is going OK.  The front row is the problem.  They just lack penetration.  To much lateral movement and silly passing.  They just need to tuck the ball under the arm and push through the line.  The four of them just seem to lack enthusiasm.  Can't put my finger on why though. 

Rex
Rex link said:
The only pea hearts are those heros sitting behind a keyboard bagging those playing the toughest game of all.

Rex, I do play, I just don't have the talent to play at a high level. Even Greg Alexander reckons he's a bit of a Pea Heart.

"Pea heart"?  Gee, if Greg Alexander said it it must be true.  Get a life.  Big T is going OK.  Penrith running through that side wasn't his fault.  Blame Hasler who left those two out there to be hung and dried.  He won us the Souths game and the game against Newcastle at Bluetongue.  I wasn't around, but didn't he score three times against the Dragqueens?  he's got a heart, he needs further coaching, as does Whare and a few others.  He isn't the problem, it's the front rowers who are'nt showing any heart. 

DSM5 link said:
He isn't the problem, it's the front rowers who are'nt showing any heart. 

And the backrowers too. Our forward pack has been a bunch of marshmallows since the St George game. It beggers belief that we have 2 of them in the SOO team. No wonder we get belted by Qld all the time.

CentralCoastEagle link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=183793.msg271044#msg271044 date=1277968507]
He isn't the problem, it's the front rowers who are'nt showing any heart. 

And the backrowers too. Our forward pack has been a bunch of marshmallows since the St George game. It beggers belief that we have 2 of them in the SOO team. No wonder we get belted by Qld all the time.
[/quote]

Got to agree CCE.Everyone's always going on about halves playing off a good forward pack.If the backs then play off the halves,then the forward pack has to be firing.At Manly this isn't happening enough.We've got the blokes to do the job-let's get going boys!On T-rex,I think he's going OK.He's young,and will develop.He's not the worst player out there by a long shot!

[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=183793.msg271044#msg271044 date=1277968507]
"Pea heart"?  Gee, if Greg Alexander said it it must be true.  Get a life.  Big T is going OK.  Penrith running through that side wasn't his fault.  Blame Hasler who left those two out there to be hung and dried.  He won us the Souths game and the game against Newcastle at Bluetongue.  I wasn't around, but didn't he score three times against the Dragqueens?  he's got a heart, he needs further coaching, as does Whare and a few others.  He isn't the problem, it's the front rowers who are'nt showing any heart. 
[/quot

Well, one of those tries I could have scored...seriously!!!!

Good to see you here Bones

Bones link said:
I honestly think T rex has been very good this year in most games. I notice he got a 7 rating in RLW for the Penrith game, which was equal highest of any Manly player.  Im more concerned with the forwards. IMO King, Rodney and Ballin have been the only forwards who been playing well for most of the year.

WAMF link said:
Remember, Manu Vatuvai was CRAP in his fist couple of seasons in 1st grade. Look at him now.
Ackk - I was thinking that myself - you stole my post.
:p

A man the size of T Rex should be knocking over the outside backs, trouble is he doesn't do it all that often.

Happy to admit that is his day he has freakish talent but seriously sometimes he looks so shy I think he's going to cry.

Jerry1 link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=183793.msg270771#msg270771 date=1277854391]
[/quote]

Vatuvai was mainly crap because of his hands. He was always an enthusiastic, aggressive player. These are the traits that T-Rex seems to lack.

Gorgeous George link said:
[quote author=Jerry1 link=topic=183793.msg271078#msg271078 date=1277977608]
[/quote]

Vatuvai was mainly crap because of his hands. He was always an enthusiastic, aggressive player. These are the traits that T-Rex seems to lack.
[/quote]
Just been watching fox & the bunnigs big hits came on. T-Rex's was the best by far.

Red Sea Eagle link said:
A man the size of T Rex should be knocking over the outside backs, trouble is he doesn't do it all that often.

Happy to admit that is his day he has freakish talent but seriously sometimes he looks so shy I think he's going to cry.

He is 5th in the entire NRL in tackle breaks so that would suggest he does it more than you think

Patten 87
Dugan 85
Boyd 79
Idris 78
Williams 73

Jerry1 link said:
[quote author=Gorgeous George link=topic=183793.msg271246#msg271246 date=1278053816]
[quote author=Jerry1 link=topic=183793.msg271078#msg271078 date=1277977608]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Just been watching fox & the bunnigs big hits came on. T-Rex's was the best by far.
[/quote]

His hit on Gareth Ellis in the Tigers game and Brett Finch are two of the biggest hits I've seen. With the Ellis one you can see him look up at Tony and go "Oh shi..." just before he gets decapitated :)

And at least Tony is fairly safe as a winger. He doesn't drop kicks too often, positionally he isn't too flash though but he'll be fantastic if we keep developing him. Look at the difference between this year and last year.

Tony's best hit this year I reckon was on 1 of the Cowboys near the end of the match, think it was O'Donnell he smashed and probably cut a try off

he did hit O'donne;ll. I was up in townsville that night and went to the players function after and had a good chat to him. He was really happy he got Odonnell as he reckons he doesnt like him much. A really nice guy, maybe too nice but he just kept saying he cant wait to get into the pack and get his hands dirty, and while he will play anywhere, wing is not his go at all.what i find hardest to believe is he never really played wing in the lower grades and parra put him on the wing to find a spot for him.And then he plays 2 seasons of wing. I know we are blessed with backrowers but come on. And to be honest a few of our forwrds probably should have shaken hands with Brandin costin SCSE coach this year but Des is too loyal for his own good . Des got us a flag but he just never seems to make a tough call nearly all other coaches do

I apologise if its already stated (too lazy to read 50+ posts), his hits are great but i think his weakness is running the ball back. If he is on he can smash his way through a brick wall, but 95% of the time he is just not "interested'', stops at the line etc. If he was in the forwards he obviously wouldn't last long. I just don't think he realises how big he is, or he may just have a pea heart - I don't know.

So, if a team wants an attacking fullback, they chase Patten over Slater? Stats...don't you just love 'em?!

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Red Sea Eagle link=topic=183793.msg271225#msg271225 date=1278045636]

He is 5th in the entire NRL in tackle breaks so that would suggest he does it more than you think

Patten 87
Dugan 85
Boyd 79
Idris 78
Williams 73
[/quote]

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4