• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stuey Davis’s Socks

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well I learnt something today - legendary sailor Syd Fischer played for the mighty Sea Eagles back in the day. Here’s part of an article from today’s SMH:

“Sailing royalty Syd Fischer, known as the “Ragamuffin Man” who competed in his last Sydney to Hobart at age 88, has died. He was 95.

The businessman and marine sports legend, who played a handful of first-grade rugby league games for Manly between 1949-52, was known as Australia’s most successful offshore sailor despite not taking up the sport until he was 33.”

Well I learnt something today - legendary sailor Syd Fischer played for the mighty Sea Eagles back in the day. Here’s part of an article from today’s SMH:

“Sailing royalty Syd Fischer, known as the “Ragamuffin Man” who competed in his last Sydney to Hobart at age 88, has died. He was 95.

The businessman and marine sports legend, who played a handful of first-grade rugby league games for Manly between 1949-52, was known as Australia’s most successful offshore sailor despite not taking up the sport until he was 33.”

Agree I had no idea. Adds to his legend. RIP

I worked at the gazebo hotel brizvegas , early eighties, bumped into syd one night while i was half cut, he had an apartment up top. I gave him a bit of a serve as i didnt know who he was. He laughed it off , told me he owned the joint and told me he liked my spirit . i took it onboard

good place, had the qld origin team there a lot, fatty and paul mcabe gave me some kit, a few others players wrapped my mate up in bedsheets and stuffed him in the linen cupboard. He was in there a few hours before we found him.

Its funny because it wasnt me. Lucky he played in our indoor cricket team that night otherwise i would have given up and went home.

all fun but nothing compared to iron maiden staying there, ohhh man.

colourful place, uderbelly raid as well

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4