SUPERCOACH 2011 GENeral Chat thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: SUPERCOACH 2011

I'll reveal my squad just on close off for rnd 1 but have a few sea eagles backs in my 25.

Also picked up Hicksey.

Re: SUPERCOACH 2011

there are a couple of storm backs that are good value too

664512-phill-rothfield-fantasy-team.jpg

Mrs Supercoach in face-off with husband Manly Sea Eagles' Matt Ballin

Tom Sangster, Tyson Otto From: The Daily Telegraph February 11, 2011

MANLY star Matt Ballin has reason to be nervous. The hooker has already played Origin, won a premiership and been named Sexiest Man in League.

But he admits to being worried his wife Shannan may be revealed as the real football genius in the Ballin household when the pair go head-to-head in The Daily Telegraph's NRL SuperCoach competition.

In a SuperCoach launch special, the NRL glamour couple have revealed their top fantasy buys for 2011 - with the surprise that a fellow Manly player was not even discussed.

SuperCoach is sure to cause some competitive tension in the Ballin household, with accusations of cheating already being raised.

"Well Matt, you actually stole my player," Shannan said yesterday.

"I was going to pick Paul Gallen. He's a good, aggressive player and you'd rather have him in your team than playing against him. He's a good defensive player and from what I've seen he does a lot of big hits.

"Someone else I wanted to mention who I thought was good value was Matt Bowen - he's only $135,000. He's due for a really good year. He can play a number of positions - fullback, in the halves. So I'd go him for value."

However, Ballin, who takes on the Sharks in his first hit-out of the season at Brookvale Oval tonight, said his wife will not be able to match his winning formula.

"My first choice would be Sam Burgess because he's a big forward, he creates a lot of offloads and a lot of line breaks in his running," he said.

"Also, his defence pulls off big hits and he does a lot of tackling and hard work.

"Also, his try-scoring ability close to the line.

"Yeah, Sam's a little more expensive, but I just like the X-factor that he brings in his offloads and leg speed and ability to break the line.

"Burgess's explosiveness puts him a little bit ahead."

Join NRL Supercoach on Facebook

Shannan slammed her husband's choice of player after extensively studying the SuperCoach market.

"Why would you pick Sam Burgess over Jason Ryles when he's $322,000 compared to $248,000," she said.

"I'm going to go Andrew Ryan for my first pick."

This competitive rivalry is set to be played out by families across Australia with the opening round of SuperCoach just a few weeks away.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297488523[/time]

Warriors player  Glen Fisiiahi looks like a good prospect but hasnt been added as yet

Love supercoach. I hope I can have a big year. Putting a lot of effort into it.
Interesting reading some people's teams. I'll wait untill the Tuesday before round one to post, in case of injuries and what not. It was tough picking, players are a lot more this year as we know.
Spent pretty close to the full cap though.

Rookies

Tariq Sims
$87,500

Dane Hogan
$129,600

Kyle O'Donnell
$87,500

Beau Henry
$87,500

Daly Cherry-Evans
$87,500

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkaUBcM3Pks[/youtube]

Having never played before im not really up on the ongoings but i based some theory on having back up players who actually back eachother up ie got Stewy and Hoppa Jnr as hoppa was fairly cheap.

Also would think that Daly is in everyones team at $87,500 as back up for a seasoned half.

Fluffy his in my team as a reserve behind Matt Orford who will absolutely carve behind that massive raiders pack

Pick other halves and your either ignorant of the facts at hand or a hater of the man who they call the Ox!

Also go for kickers as they rack up points for nothing and as many 80 minute players as you can afford,17 would be an apt number and barring injury ull have a good showing throughout

Origin time is a little tricky also so sharkies can be good for something

Hey tractorboy, how many spots do you have left in comp 312208? I'm looking to transfer upto 4 people into another comp as our one is going to be cancelled due to lack of interest! The only problem is that it will take a couple of days because I only have email contact with them. I don't want to get 3 of us across and then find the last person misses out due to lack of space.
thanks

There are 12 i think, i only set it up just recently due to another one being filled up very quickly and a few friends missed out. So you should be right.

1. Anthony Mitchell (Eels)

The Eels have struggled to find a regular dummy-half in recent years but with the emergence of 21-year-old Anthony Mitchell in late 2010 their search could soon be over. The highly-rated young hooker boasts all the skills – lightning service, a crisp passing game and speed off the mark. Likely to be part of a three-man rotation for the Eels this year, he will battle for the No.9 jersey with Matt Keating and new arrival Casey McGuire but the general consensus is that the hooking spot will become his alone in the long term. Mitchell played three games for the Eels at the back end of the 2010 season, scoring two tries, and was selected in the Indigenous All Stars side earlier this year.

2. Siuatonga Likiliki (Knights)

Boasting one of the greatest names in rugby league history – right up there with the likes of former Bronco Steele Retchless and South Sydney's Bronco Djura – Siuatonga Likiliki made a name for himself playing for the Warriors' premiership-winning Toyota Cup side last season when he scored 19 tries in 25 games. Now with Newcastle, the 20-year-old speedster already has tongues wagging in the Hunter where he will join Akuila Uate in a lightning-fast backline. A Junior Kiwis representative in 2010, Likiliki was named in both the 2009 and 2010 Toyota Cup Team of the Year.

3. Elijah Taylor (Warriors)

Had fortune smiled more favourably on Elijah Taylor he would already be a household name. The Warriors utility was originally bracketed to make his NRL debut in late 2009, only for a hamstring injury to rule him out, and then saw his 2010 season ended before it had even begun when he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his knee. Now fully fit and ready to fire, the 20-year-old has reportedly worked harder than ever during the pre-season in a bid to finally earn that elusive NRL debut. Coach Ivan Cleary expects big things this year. “He's pretty ready,” Cleary told NRL.com. “He has certainly been on the cusp for a while but he did come back late last year and played in the winning Toyota Cup side. We've got a lot of depth in the back row but one thing Elijah can do is play different positions, so that works in his favour. He'll fill a utility role. I mean, we threw him into the Toyota Cup team last year and I don't think he had ever played hooker before but he took it on and did it well. That shows you what he is like – he takes on any challenge, is very versatile and very focused.”

4. Daly Cherry-Evans (Sea Eagles)

The departure of halfback Trent Hodkinson this season is a huge blow for Manly but already coach Des Hasler has singled out Redcliffe junior Daly Cherry-Evans as his ready-made replacement. Ironically, Cherry-Evans has followed an almost identical path to the NRL as his predecessor. Overlooked for the No.7 jersey for Hodkinson last season, he instead plied his trade for Sunshine Coast in the Queensland Cup, just like Hodkinson the year before, and was named Queensland Cup Player of the Year… just like Hodkinson the year before. At 21, he is already on the representative radar as part of Queensland's Emerging Origin squad.

5. Elijah Niko (Storm)

Two years after strike centre Israel Folau departed, Melbourne believe they have found their next big thing – literally – in hulking newcomer Elijah Niko. A member of the Warriors' Toyota Cup-winning side in 2010, Niko certainly looks the part. At 108kg and almost two metres tall he is a man mountain in the vein of Folau – plus team-mates have also observed a similar ability to leap high into the air. Expected to play a significant role in Melbourne as the club looks to recover from the salary cap saga that ruined their 2010, he scored 15 tries in 23 games last season and average a whopping 149 metres per game.

6. Ryan James (Titans)

The Titans have huge raps on 19-year-old forward Ryan James, with good judges already tipping him as a future Test star. James was a schoolboy star, being named Arrive Alive Cup Player of the Year and representing the Australian Schoolboys in 2008 before linking with the Gold Coast's Toyota Cup side. At 106kg and 192cm, he is a formidable presence on the field and has been so impressive at Under-20s level that he made his NRL debut last season at the tender age of 18, playing four games for the Titans. Although officially still a member of the club's Toyota Cup squad in 2011, watch for him to feature prominently in the top grade.

7. Tariq Sims (Cowboys)

The brother of former Dragons and Broncos prop Ashton follows his elder sibling to North Queensland this year and the Cowboys believe he could be the man to help lead them into a bright new era. The 2010 Toyota Cup Player of the Year is a versatile front-rower able to notch big minutes – an amazing feat for a man weighing in at 106kg. Certainly the Cowboys are excited about his prospects, with general manager of football Peter Parr telling NRL.com: “You don't fluke the Toyota Cup Team of the Year award. He has great attention to detail at training and I think he is ready to take the next step. He has some competition in the forwards here this year but I expect in the not too distant future he will be playing NRL and when he does get a start it will take a fair bit to move him. He will have a long NRL career.”

8. Dane Gagai (Broncos)

Karmichael Hunt's departure at the end of 2009 was proclaimed as a huge blow for the Broncos but already they have demonstrated a remarkable ability to produce dazzling young fullbacks. The latest is 20-year-old Dane Gagai – a diminutive but devastatingly elusive speedster in the mould of his cousin, current Broncos No.1 Josh Hoffman. Named Brisbane's Toyota Cup back of the year in 2010, he scored 13 tries and averaged 188 metres per game but it was his ability to slice through a gap that really caught the eye. Gagai represented Queensland Under-18s in 2009 and was actively pursued by a number of NRL clubs – as well as the Queensland Reds rugby union side – before settling on the Broncos. Watch for him to push for a wing spot in 2011.

9. Kalifa Faifai Loa (Cowboys)

A new arrival in North Queensland this season, Faifai Loa made a big impression during his limited opportunities in first grade for premiers St George Illawarra in 2010. His two appearances saw him score two tries and average 163 metres per game, but it was his consistent efforts at Toyota Cup level – where he scored 17 tries in 20 games and was named in the official Team of the Year – that had the Cowboys taking notice. “I think he averaged over 200 metres per game playing Toyota Cup on the wing,” Cowboys general manager of football Peter Parr said. “We wanted to increase our depth out wide and he has done that. He has come a considerable way in the last few months and he is a very exciting player as far as we're concerned.”

10. Andrew Clayton (Sharks)

Time will tell whether 20-year-old prop Andrew Clayton pushes for an NRL debut in 2011 but the word coming out of Cronulla is that he is one of the brightest prospects going around. Named in Toyota Cup Team of the Year last season, he joins the Sharks from Brisbane and has impressed in his first full pre-season. “He still has a bit of work to do but he has trained his butt off since he arrived and is always looking to improve,” coach Shane Flanagan said of the 105kg rookie. “The thing is that he is a front-rower and he is only young so he still has plenty of time before we see the best of him, but he has handled his first full off-season well which is a great sign.”

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299539005[/time]

Hmmm what to do ?
I have Carney as 5/8 and now it seems he is out (or is he ?)

I am fine tuning my squad as team announcements are coming through.Pretty happy with some of the cheaper buys.

Very confident the Screamin Eagles will beat all comers this year.. ;D

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
so far big names missing from rd 1 teams Carney, Hannant, Hodges, Jennings
Had Hannant picked but now he's out for 1st game got me thinking!  Hannant's always bloody injured....

For what its worth this is my supercaoch team. My starting 17 is.

Michael Gorden
Michael Robertson
James Mcmanus
Jamie Lyon
Mitchell Aubusson
Luke Lewis
DCE
Jake Friend
Jason Ryles
Issac Luke
Corey Parker
Paul Gallen