• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Good luck to CW and ChuckWood. I'm going for the Cardinals tomorrow. I know they have little chance but I like their style of play just a little bit better and Fitzgerald can catch them all day. Also with Warner having the man upstairs onside how could they lose? I should get some juicy odds.

So for all you hard workers I have purchased my US beer (if only my friend Dan Murphy didn't want $24 a six-pack for Sam Adams I'd be sucking down those). I intend to watch the game on slight delay, so I don't have to sit through all the ads, and could be ready for an afternoon siesta around 2.00 pm. :)

Enjoy.

Half your luck MB. I am hoping that the Pittsburgh (aka Blitzburgh) defence creams the Cards and that Santonio Holmes, Willie Parker and Hines Ward cut them to pieces.

Sadly someone has to work tomorrow and I will try and stay on blackout to watch the game after tennis on Monday night.

Go you Steelers!!!  PS My eldest in Pittsburgh next week and hopefully the place will be rocking. She will try to go to the City Parade should they win.

Are they scripting Super Bowls these days?  The last two have been more melodramatic than the WWF. 

Matabele link said:
Are they scripting Super Bowls these days?  The last two have been more melodramatic than the WWF. 

Indeed. Sometimes you have to wonder with sport these days, but I prefer to just simply "believe".

Great game though. This was my first year of paying reasonably close attention to the NFL, and I got a lot of enjoyment from it, so I'm going to try and read up on it a bit more before the next season so I can actually talk about it with the learned few....

I enjoyed the game. Steelers looked so dominant for the first 1 1/2 quarters it looked like it would be a cakewalk. The Cards came back but the interception just before half time set it up. Can't anyone tackle there? The game was dominated by ill discipline and a host of penalties that really hurt. The final Q really did look like it was scripted. Great excitement in the last few minutes. Well done Steelers - alone at the top of the SB winners. The Cards were certainly not disgraced and in the end and it was a good game. The finals series has all been good and should bring more followers to the game.

I enjoyed the game though it wasn't one for the purists. Steelers did really well on their third down plays though penalties and lack of discipline cost the Cards. It was a very aerial game with both teams doing a lot of throwing rather than running. Steeler's offensive line was very good as at times they have been hugely criticised. It was no surprise that the Steelers defence basically won the game (halftime play) as they have been doing that all year. That Santonia Holmes as great hands and sensational acceleration and footwork, as does Fitzgerald for Arizona. Did anyone notice a poor kick by Ben Graham set up field position for that final dramatic drive for Pittsburgh to win?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6