Sunday's crowd

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fluffy said:
Roosters have posted poorer crowds with heaps of under cover seating in recent years so there has to be more to it than just that.

Mmmm what is it then? We aren't replacing the supporters who die/relocate out of Sydney with new supporters...?

I hear a lot of angst about the Food Nazis that do the bag checks, and the ridiculous pricing for the supposed levels of opposition Teams :cool:

Till Manly get 20k lockout crowds, it is ridiculous to charge more for a Dogs game than a Cowboys game.
Regular Fans have now given up going, as they feel ripped off whilst the TV clearly shows the empty seats.

Kids again had their snacks thrown out on the weekend. Again the businesd of Catering Deals are lost on the Fans and are seriously eroding the relationship.

But we will just get a Social Media rant about how we don't get that Manly needs these ploys to make money. :dodgy:

The declining attendance is the Fans response . Footy is a discretional expense to us , not a necessity :cool:

Mals said:
Fluffy said:
Roosters have posted poorer crowds with heaps of under cover seating in recent years so there has to be more to it than just that.

Mmmm what is it then? We aren't replacing the supporters who die/relocate out of Sydney with new supporters...?

Not sure but the Roosters @ SFS on 19 Aug 2013, the year they won the premiership against a Sydney team only managed 8393.

They had 20,000 covered seats but got a smaller crowd than us so it cannot be seating.

HappilyManly said:
I hear a lot of angst about the Food Nazis that do the bag checks, and the ridiculous pricing for the supposed levels of opposition Teams :cool:

Till Manly get 20k lockout crowds, it is ridiculous to charge more for a Dogs game than a Cowboys game.
Regular Fans have now given up going, as they feel ripped off whilst the TV clearly shows the empty seats.

Kids again had their snacks thrown out on the weekend. Again the businesd of Catering Deals are lost on the Fans and are seriously eroding the relationship.

But we will just get a Social Media rant about how we don't get that Manly needs these ploys to make money. :dodgy:

The declining attendance is the Fans response . Footy is a discretional expense to us , not a necessity :cool:

Geez no good HM. Was this because the snacks weren't in Tupperware containers/cling film i.e. appear to be "home made".

Too many entry rules that change with each game - people just want to rock up to the footy and not be treated as miscreants :cool:

When old Ladies/Kiddies get the third degree too, you know that its gone too far.

I was actually surprised at how bad the crowd was considering it was school holidays and and afternoon game. But the chats around the ground was that everyone knew someone who had just had enough of the commercialization, and were not coming along. :(

The RSL Clubs are reaping the benefit, as patronage is up and people stay/arrive early and have a feed as well as watch the game.

Brooky is a great place to watch footy in good weather - totally crap place to be in when its pissing down.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4