Sunday's crowd

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Haha well i will always turn up when possible even though brookie oval today is closer to being brookie swimming pool. Its bucketing down now.

HappilyManly said:
9065 officially - next week Friday night on CC may nit even get this :cool:

Yep, the Tiges only got 6k at C/town and are having a whinge that all the games there are v out-of-towners - Cows, Broncs, Storm, Canberra.
So we send a game up there v the Cows and we' ll be battling to make 6k too. Apart from the obvious TV thing, it'd make more sense to put it on in the arvo from a travel perspective.

It's Good friday, no work no Friday arvo F1 traffic jam so there's no excuse for Manly supporters to not get less than an hour up the road for this one. Needs to be at least 15k if the weather is ok.

mickqld said:
It's Good friday, no work no Friday arvo F1 traffic jam so there's no excuse for Manly supporters to not get less than an hour up the road for this one. Needs to be at least 15k if the weather is ok.

This!!!! In the past, some supporters on the northern beaches have said that getting to Bluetongue on a Friday night is too hard because of the typical Friday F3 traffic. The club have probably listened, and scheduled this one knowing its a public holiday. Also, there are cheap GA tix available ($25/family)

just dont try to get food or a drink during the game if there is more than 12,000 there, line move slower than anywhere

Manly v Canberra 2pm Sunday. What's everyone's crowd predictions?

Mine:- 13, 753

I think there will be a big crowd, around 15,000 if the weather is fine, despite a lack of support from Canberra. It would be good for fans to arrive early and watch the Under 20's where there are several players likely to become household favourites in the coming seasons.
On another point, I see that the SFS is coming in for criticism from 'Tah supporters. This is the so-called state-of-the-art stadium that some people want us to play at!
No way, it's Brookie every day.

Should be a good crowd if the rain stays away.

The 2pm time slit will throw a few who expect it to be the normal 3pm, so hopefully its advertised properly :idea:

Don't get the 6pm 'Meet the Players' function at the Diggers though. The game will be over by 3:30, plus its difficult to get to the Diggers by bus :huh:

Today's crowd = 8817...but I have to describe my experience of a wet but fantastic afternoon at Brooky:

2 of my 3 sons have been on my back to take them to a game since becoming first time "Next Generation" members this year (my other son jumped ship to SG-I in 2010. Disgusted, but that's another story). Due to family, work and church commitments I only get to 3 or 4 games a year and this was our first chance to go in 2014.

What a great day we had! I think there's something weird at Brooky that occurs during a tight match or when we are behind - the crowd either clams up or doesn't quite know what to do; but we seem to love a dominant display of footy and there was plenty to cheer for today. From our spot on the hill it was the most vocal crowd I've heard in a few years (given that I don't get to all 10 matches each year I could have the wrong end of the stick). I just think we relax and enjoy it more when we get up by 10 or 20 (or 42).

I enjoyed: seeing the team run away with a big score (even though the opposition was weak); the big cheer for Gifty when he returned to the field (feel the love Glenn, you'll be missed); Hiku's bag and Snake picking up his first for the year. Also the superb goal kicking.

Did someone spot Robbo in the crowd recently? I'm pretty sure I saw him today too but I wasn't sure enough to call out "Wangman."

The boys loved: the experience (even in the rain and not being allowed on the field after the match); high-fiving the team as they went around the fence; getting a thumbs-up and a big wave from J-Turbojet as he drove off on our walk back to our car; simply watching their team perform.

We traded stories of our favourite tries tonight. Going to the game is a far sight better than watching it on TV especially at Brookvale Oval.

It would be nice if we could get more people to the games - it is well & truly worth the effort!

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/O-qlhYkt1vG/NRL+Rd+8+Sea+Eagles+v+Raiders/Ky8jISeiu2x

NRL Rd 8 - Sea Eagles v Raiders

NRL+Rd+8+Sea+Eagles+v+Raiders+Ky8jISeiu2xl.jpg

It has been a few years since we posted crowds below 10,000, but we know the weather at Brookie can effect a crowd. Ashamed … as that’s the two last games with crowds of around 9,000 (not shockers), but this is where we need more under cover seating in wanting with the redevelopment (not we are greedy wanting $150m or $300m as some of the other grand plans out west, Parra Stadium & Penrith).

We just want 4,000 more covered seating and that will do us, another $20m would help. If it rains it means we might post a minimum crowd of 12,000 (that is what we hope).

Our next home game at Brookie: Monday night (Round 10) against the Knights - May 19th - hope we can get an OK crowd for a Monday night. We need to promote the cheaper tickets or the crowd averages look poor at Brookie in '14.

You're right, the grandstands looked pretty dense. The hill although full of atmosphere was sparse at either end when it's often standing room only.

The crowd was extremely disappointing, yes OK it rained (for a while) and Brookie is not the best for wet weather but under 10k on a Sunday arvo is still terrible.

The team is performing, the admin seems to bring in new sponsors every other week (I think there was a new one today in a club email). The supporters are letting this great club down!

We've been unlucky with the weather at our last two Brookie matches. Rain seems to deter 4,000-5,000 people from attending. While I am prepared to sit/stand on the hill in all sorts of weather I can understand that the access to live TV coverage has made it so easy for (am I allowed on here to say?) 'fair-weathered fans' to stay away.
I can't recall being up 42 points at the 33rd minute mark. Yesterday's match was a little like the Cronulla game when we just went through the motions in the second half. If only that hadn't happened against the Storm... we'd be outright leaders.

Roosters have posted poorer crowds with heaps of under cover seating in recent years so there has to be more to it than just that.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8