Suing the kids coach for injury

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I may have already told this story, so skip it if you’ve heard it.
I was introduced to baseball at 17yrs old. My boss had, had a gut full of me turning up busted from league not to be able to perform my labour intensive job. He knew I was a sports nut and suggested something less aggro like baseball. It was that or my job, so I went along to my local baseball club and signed up. Told them I had absolutely no experience with the game.
Not to worry. They’ll look after me.
So after a short period of practicing, helped along by blokes that had being playing for years, I was ready for my first game. As it happened my boss only lived a short distance from the grounds, so he said he’llcome along and bring the family to watch (seens as it was one of the few times I’d actually taken his advice).
Apart from the uniform, which I thought was cool, I was expecting to be lulled asleep.
How wrong could I have been. Within five minutes our huge first baseman misjudged a return from our short stops lethal return. Next thing he’s down in agony, blood coming from the eye. He was treated and left for hospital with a fractured eye socket.
So by now, I’m starting to think this might not be the poofters game I thought it would be.... (hey! It was the 80’s, PC talk was still a long way off.).
So next up, their pitcher threw a ball that hit one of our older guys in the helmet....dropped him like a sack of spuds. Next thing it was on! I was dragged out of our dugout by a team mate (who happened to be a senior constable at the local cop shop), and was told to get out there and belt the opposition regardless. (I ran on, and was swiftly belted in the mouth by the oppostion). I remember being helped from the field, and looking at my boss in the crowd thinking, WTF!
There was a bit more argy/bargy for the rest of the game. Finally it was over.
My boss came down and apologised. I said are you kidding, apart from being punched in the head, I had a ball.
So I continued playing for another eight years. It might look boring to watch, but on ground baseball is a great game, not as good as league, but have plenty of good memories.@;)

As for the story from MF76, I think it sucks that this bloke is in this predicament.

(ps. My boss and I catch up when he comes up to the GC, and he still reckons it’s the worst advice he’s ever given to an apprentice! lol)
Ha love this story. I played alongside my Dad and brother for Forest up at the diamonds next to the Warringah Aquatic centre for about 5 years in the ‘90s. There was the occasional aggro especially when one of our good batters was hit by the pitcher but can’t remember us ever clearing the benches. A real fun game to play, when I started I was the youngest at 16 then we had guys up to their late 40s in the team.

Ha love this story. I played alongside my Dad and brother for Forest up at the diamonds next to the Warringah Aquatic centre for about 5 years in the ‘90s. There was the occasional aggro especially when one of our good batters was hit by the pitcher but can’t remember us ever clearing the benches. A real fun game to play, when I started I was the youngest at 16 then we had guys up to their late 40s in the team.
I started at Forest back in the early 80's T-ball.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8