Suaalii

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I wasn't sure I bought into all the "he's a superstar" narrative at first but watching him tonight against the Nots, you have to remind yourself he's only 18.

No wonder the Rorters went so hard for him. He'll play Origin next year or in 2024 at the latest in my view. Kid's a freak.

I wasn't sure I bought into all the "he's a superstar" narrative at first but watching him tonight against the Nots, you have to remind yourself he's only 18.

No wonder the Rorters went so hard for him. He'll play Origin next year or in 2024 at the latest in my view. Kid's a freak.
Yeah. I was in the same pessimistic boat. But fk me, he’s good. He is enormous for an 18 yr old. And he doesn’t carry on after he scores. Cpl pats on the back and he just reloads.

Ever since I saw him play for Norths against the Workers a couple of seasons ago his class was obvious. He has all the skills to live up to his reputation. It's no wonder Souffs hate Easts so much, stealing such talented players from their burrow.

Most of his threat is in the air at this point, but is a big boy who will grow into his body and agree is destined for rep selection in the future....again makes you see what a threat the kicking game can be for a tall target and why we don't use Saab more this way when he takes 80% and on last plays often just "kick and hope"- In the words of Maverick himself - It's another 1 of lifes great mysteries Sir...

Most of his threat is in the air at this point, but is a big boy who will grow into his body and agree is destined for rep selection in the future....again makes you see what a threat the kicking game can be for a tall target and why we don't use Saab more this way when he takes 80% and on last plays often just "kick and hope"- In the words of Maverick himself - It's another 1 of lifes great mysteries Sir...

Maxta ... Saab is excellent at defusing bombs when watching the ball come towards him .... I rate him 98/100 ...

But I would bet a lobster that if anybody had the time to go back and watch all his games ... his strike rate at converting attacking bombs to tries is abysmal ... probably less than 1/10 ... 9/10 he doesn't get anywhere near them ... and 2/10 his timing and jumping are pitiful ...

Touplula is far superior at attacking an attacking kick ...

Maxta ... Saab is excellent at defusing bombs when watching the ball come towards him .... I rate him 98/100 ...

But I would bet a lobster that if anybody had the time to go back and watch all his games ... his strike rate at converting attacking bombs to tries is abysmal ... probably less than 1/10 ... 9/10 he doesn't get anywhere near them ... and 2/10 his timing and jumping are pitiful ...

Touplula is far superior at attacking an attacking kick ...
I think your stats are pretty accurate mate - rbut most kicks drop say 5m 10m out and Saab often wins the grab, but is forced to throw a desperation pass inside to Harper and co as is too far out
Have seen him score a few when landing "in the zone" ....but rarely are the kicks on the money imo
Damn Tuipulotu had improved- great power running and thought Harper also had a red hot go burning Lomax 2-3 times

I think your stats are pretty accurate mate - rbut most kicks drop say 5m 10m out and Saab often wins the grab, but is forced to throw a desperation pass inside to Harper and co as is too far out
Have seen him score a few when landing "in the zone" ....but rarely are the kicks on the money imo
Damn Tuipulotu had improved- great power running and thought Harper also had a red hot go burning Lomax 2-3 times
I agree we rarely land a kick for Saab in the right spot in attack!
Also he seems to get run off the ball A LOT... not sure if that's strong opposition tactics or an opportunity for him to develop or both?!

The kids a special talent, his size alone is such a bonus, has a fair amount of heart as well, his carries for an 18 yo are huge, his future looks very bright indeed. The only aspect of his game I dislike, is the team he plays for.

Sualii moves towards the incoming ball or attacking paly whilst Saab waits for it to land exactly in his plate, that is the difference.

Teddy doesn't score last night if Sualii doesn't think and make the extra effort.

You rarely see "extra effort" from Saab or the insticiveness that even Harper shows. It has also been a noticeable improvement in Tippytoes in this area.

Last edited:
Sualii moves towards the incoming ball or attacking paly whilst Saab waits for it to land exactly in his plate, that is the difference.

Teddy doesn't score last night if Sualii doesn't think and make the extra effort.

You really see "extra effort" from Saab or the insticiveness that even Harper shows. It has also been a noticeable improvement in Tippytoes in this area.
Exactly, I'd give my left one to see Saab aggressively attack a cross field kick. It's a win win scenario, the attacker has the advantage of momentum, can legally contact the defending catcher with the possibility of forcing an error and worse case scenario knocks on and the defenders get a mid field PTB. All upside no downside, go as hard as you can.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2