"Studs up grub": Slater mega thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Cecchin has seen the light finally :clap:

The visitors' agitation levels grew to such heights that they back-chatted referee Matt Cecchin three times and were marched 10 metres every time. But when Cameron Smith tried it a fourth time Cecchin sent him to the sin-bin in the 52nd minute.

Cecchin has seen the light finally :clap:

The visitors' agitation levels grew to such heights that they back-chatted referee Matt Cecchin three times and were marched 10 metres every time. But when Cameron Smith tried it a fourth time Cecchin sent him to the sin-bin in the 52nd minute.

Checcin will never ref again, surely he knows you can’t send a ref off only a player!!!

The 'Scam' send off ( yes i wish Billy would get the same treatment) - that was a cathartic moment . The way Melbourne play- they seem to be coached to be millimeters from a penalty in everything they do and thats been policed FINALLY. And Scam new the ' scam' was up. They have no plan B.
Reminds me of how the All Blacks play and how they are that close to being off side EVERY time ( especially in the Richie McCaw era )

Its like driving at 65 k an hour all the time to get ahead when all are doing 60 then backchatting the copper

The Bellamy scam is exposed

Go Manly

The 'Scam' send off ( yes i wish Billy would get the same treatment) - that was a cathartic moment . The way Melbourne play- they seem to be coached to be millimeters from a penalty in everything they do and thats been policed FINALLY. And Scam new the ' scam' was up. They have no plan B.
Reminds me of how the All Blacks play and how they are that close to being off side EVERY time ( especially in the Richie McCaw era )

Its like driving at 65 k an hour all the time to get ahead when all are doing 60 then backchatting the copper

The Bellamy scam is exposed

Go Manly
Very accurate post. The whole Melbourne culture has revolved around playing the game and bending the rules to suit their playing style. Seems like convinient timing though that with the Scam, Slater and co coming to the twilight of their careers that the NRL will now clamp down on this style of play.

It might be too late though now as all the clubs have been coached like this and it’s ingrained in the league.

We have all been whinging about the refs turning a blind eye to the wrestle, short ten and penalties given in 10 zone. Then the refs do something about it and we all whinge again.

The fans are the biggest hypocrites of all.

Maybe , just maybe we will see or are seeing the end of the tactics that Bellamy has built his team around.

I picked the Storm, but agree if this penaltyathon keeps up they’ll hardly win a game from here on.

Very accurate post. The whole Melbourne culture has revolved around playing the game and bending the rules to suit their playing style. Seems like convinient timing though that with the Scam, Slater and co coming to the twilight of their careers that the NRL will now clamp down on this style of play.

It might be too late though now as all the clubs have been coached like this and it’s ingrained in the league.

We have all been whinging about the refs turning a blind eye to the wrestle, short ten and penalties given in 10 zone. Then the refs do something about it and we all whinge again.

The fans are the biggest hypocrites of all.
We all hate the penalties but I applaud what they are trying to do!

He is a grub but that grub carried the Storm into 6 GFs in the last 11 year’s*

*at least if you listen to the channel 9 commentary

Aaand there's another sin bin resulting from a blatant Slater dive.

Taking a deliberate dive should result in a penalty or a sin bin for whoever does it. This is an embarrassing look for the game.

Slater is a great CHEAT. makes the refs look like idiots.

Trouble is it should have been a penalty against Slater when he planted the ball on the ground before he stood up to play it.
Refs must have been gazing into Smith's eyes to have missed all of that.

Several times during the match Smith stopped play waiting for a penalty - did not come every time. 2nd half after repeated penalties Smith is warned that sin bin might be used next - so Smith holds up play for the next 90 seconds telling his team mates to follow the rules and getting a nice rest at the same time - laughable that he got away with that.

Aaand there's another sin bin resulting from a blatant Slater dive.

Taking a deliberate dive should result in a penalty or a sin bin for whoever does it. This is an embarrassing look for the game.

Agreed. And there's no way that was a 'legit tap on the mark' and play on in any other game ever.

Err, what i mean was the ref's never allow a tap to be taken that quick. They always hold it up for some reason.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8