"Studs up grub": Slater mega thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I totally agree. As I said in the game chat thread:

"I wish someone would take that grub Slater out. Dirty prick tried to take snake out by shoving him headfirst into the goalpost & then came in with the boot to Robbo's forearm after Robbo scored that try in the corner and also came in with the knee to the wolfman's ribs when wolfman tried to ground the ball to score after that freakish bounce to stop ingoal in the corner."

I'm sure that nothing will officially come of it.  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

earl link said:
F$ck him,
Stewart should get World Cup fullback ,and Slater did nothin all game.
Except play like a bitch. Dirty pp's still played dirty but hey who gives a **** we won and the pp have a long trip home.

I am taping it on pay right now.
Forgot to tape it on Channel 9 , but now I know it is worth it, I will tape it on Austar , burn it to DVD ,and never lose it.

earl link said:
I am taping it on pay right now.
Forgot to tape it on Channel 9 , but now I know it is worth it, I will tape it on Austar , burn it to DVD ,and never lose it.

Did the same thing with the Ch9 coverage & am also copying the FOX Sports replay.

Wasn't really picked up at the ground.  But Manly were running towards us in the 2nd half so every time they scored we GAVE it to the dogs as they waited for the kick.

Matabele link said:
Wasn't really picked up at the ground.  But Manly were running towards us in the 2nd half so every time they scored we GAVE it to the dogs as they waited for the kick.

I expect  nothing less.

Slater's a complete dog.  The leg sliding into players should be rubbed out.  It was blatant and obvious.  If he gets picked in any rep team against Stewart the system is as corrupt as I think it is.

Slater is a very good player, but it's this kind of niggly crap in his game that just forces me to hate him: the push in the back (remember Brett Stewart had a try denied for a "push" on Anthony Quinn at Brookvale - if that was a penalty, why wasn't Slater's push on Brett a penalty?) and the kung fu panda karate slide kicks when players are trying to ground the ball. He did it to Matty Ballin and then again to Robbo. I've seen lots of fullbacks try to kick the ball loose like that over the years and I've always hated it. It's dangerous and it just doesn't seem to be in the right spirit. But is there a rule against it? Is it striking?

that thug Crocker took out Ox late in that same play! both croker and slater have totally lost the respect of any RL supporter

earl link said:
F$ck him,

Not true. He belted Crocker in the head with his boot when taking a bomb. Loved that so much i spat out some beer in laughter.

:D

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=earl link=topic=178671.msg199927#msg199927 date=1223198525]
F$ck him,

All week I was saying I would love to see Slater and Crocker run in to each other and take each of them out of the game, when Slater hit Crocker I was thinking I may have called a miracle

Not true. He belted Crocker in the head with his boot when taking a bomb. Loved that so much i spat out some beer in laughter.

:D
[/quote]

Ummm guys - he did it at every try he got to a player. Not just that one incident. Apparently, that must be ok to do.

Who cares though. Robertson was the last one to leave the club at 5 am this morning - so he musn't have been too hurt - LoL - I reckon he'd have a head-ache this morning though !

If you show yours studs like that in a challenge in Soccer, you get a Yellow card no ifs buts or maybes, that is a good way to break someones ankle in soccer as well as leave them withs titches, same could be said in Rugby League.

I thought they did ban that for a while after Ridgey the Radar did it to stop a try again Easts from memory

Your right mate.

THE problem is that the season is over, and News Limited will make nothing of it.

On the flip side, I recall News Limited LATCHING onto Jamie Lyon and Jason King after last years Grand Final, and both were given weeks.

I think trying to kick the ball like that was outlawed after Ridge did it one season. I think he was genuinely trying to save tries but in a way that endangered other players. Had that one on Robbo been slightly different he would have broken his jaw or arm. It is cat-like behaviour and at minimum is dangerous and reckless. I just hope it costs him his Australian spot.

Have a look at the Kite try and how crocker tries to jump on his outstretched arm.  Again, a few inches different and you have a broken arm.

Matabele link said:
Have a look at the Kite try and how crocker tries to jump on his outstretched arm.  Again, a few inches different and you have a broken arm.

Yeah I noticed that too.

They are grubby players and they are encouraged to be grubby but we won it without being grubs, we showed that football wins through on the day

Matabele link said:

You could see Kite was onto it, as soon as the ball hit the deck he got his arm the hell out of there. He could probably see Crocker coming out of the corner of his eye and knew what he was in for.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10