Story: The new Des directive: Hasler leaving 'no stone unturned' at Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
If I got in a 1964 Rusty Datsun 120B, and put my foot down on the accelerator full tilt, then say Peter Brock in his prime got in a 1964 Rusty Datsun 120B and put his foot down on the accelorator full tilt, end of the day, it's still a 1964 Rusty Datsun 120B.

That's all I'm saying. Des isn't a miracle worker. This roster isn't NRL ready (especially with Walker out).

1-6 will be names like Elliott (reserve grader), Garrick (reserve grader), Suli (reserve grader), Parker (reserve grader), Taufua ( returning from injury), Elgey (reserve grader at The Titans).

Okay, add in Walker, Trbojevic, Hopoate, it's looking MUCH better but Walker may likely never play for us again.

Eff the track record...would you forgive Barrett if he came back?Yeah you probably would given your track record,you lick the butt of whatever the popular opinion is....when did I suggest that I was judging his pre season training?Good to see you are happy to paste the **** out of your hero and then later kiss his butt and his decisions when it suits you,but that is the popular culture.....why should you be any different.You destroy your hero on social media? and now love him?a little bi-polar?

Do you seriously believe that Trent will come back to Manly ? Come back and do what ? Move the furniture around and then quit again ?

Trent has not proven him self as a competent head coach and also has proven that he is not a good fit at Manly . He does not have the Manly DNA to fly at great heights like an Eagle . I also cannot see any NRL club taking on Trent as a head coach . Manly gave him the once in a life time opportunity and he fcked it up .
As far as Des goes everything else is self-explanatory on my previous post
I am not bi , or a polar . I am a horny heterosexual and passionate Manly Sea eagle ;)

If I got in a 1964 Rusty Datsun 120B, and put my foot down on the accelerator full tilt, then say Peter Brock in his prime got in a 1964 Rusty Datsun 120B and put his foot down on the accelorator full tilt, end of the day, it's still a 1964 Rusty Datsun 120B.

That's all I'm saying. Des isn't a miracle worker. This roster isn't NRL ready (especially with Walker out).

1-6 will be names like Elliott (reserve grader), Garrick (reserve grader), Suli (reserve grader), Parker (reserve grader), Taufua ( returning from injury), Elgey (reserve grader at The Titans).

Okay, add in Walker, Trbojevic, Hopoate, it's looking MUCH better but Walker may likely never play for us again.

Ryan it is all about the glass full or glass empty attitude and without seeing just one NRL round you instantly compare our young players who are in their 20s to a 20 year old car . Des has no hope of getting your car to go better but he does have a very good chance to improve our young players

Most good judges will not compare our young players to an old Datsun until they get the opportunity see them play a few NRL games together which is a reasonable thing to do .

I do not see a total write off with these players like you do . I see potential and with potential all things are possible and not as impossible as you make them out to be.
Elliott is has played NRL and Injuries have help him back .
Garrick is a young player with potential working his way up
Suli is a young beast with potential that has had issues and is working his way back up
Parker is a young player with improvement in him
Taufua returning back from injury as most players do ???
Elgey has plenty of NRL experience . He is a confidence player and injuries along with the Titans team that was going no where can be contributed to his time in reserves last season.

Our roster is NRL registered and ready and until those players fail us this season we should not write them off .
Beater_Nissan.jpg

Ryan it is all about the glass full or glass empty attitude and without seeing just one NRL round you instantly compare our young players who are in their 20s to a 20 year old car . Des has no hope of getting your car to go better but he does have a very good chance to improve our young players

Most good judges will not compare our young players to an old Datsun until they get the opportunity see them play a few NRL games together which is a reasonable thing to do .

I do not see a total write off with these players like you do . I see potential and with potential all things are possible and not as impossible as you make them out to be.
Elliott is has played NRL and Injuries have help him back .
Garrick is a young player with potential working his way up
Suli is a young beast with potential that has had issues and is working his way back up
Parker is a young player with improvement in him
Taufua returning back from injury as most players do ???
Elgey has plenty of NRL experience . He is a confidence player and injuries along with the Titans team that was going no where can be contributed to his time in reserves last season.

Our roster is NRL registered and ready and until those players fail us this season we should not write them off .
View attachment 10816

I respect what you're saying mate, but I think this is going to be similar to Dessies first go around, where by we'll struggle the first few years, until some talent is bought in.

Tedesco, Keary, Morris, L Mitchell, Manu, Hall, Aubusson, Lamb, Cronk and Radley versus, (right now), Elliott, Taufua, Garrick, Parker, Suli, Anderson, Kioa, DCE, Elgey and Funa.

Chalk and cheese my friend. It's not even close talent wise.

One thing I'm hoping for is realism. We know that we are going to be squashed out wide. I hope outlr Forwards dominate the middle.

Des is an amazing coach in my eyes, with so much going for him. He can only do so much with the cattle at his disposal. Even at the Dogs, as the roster regressed due to cap management, so did form of their team.

Loaded with talent, Manly AND The Dogs BOTH did well mate.

So my expectation sits right about there. Won't be disappointed when we lose (which to be fair and likely, will be often), because I know it's a full rebuild, and just like when our backline had Nick Bradley Qalilawa, Mitch Creary, Michael Witt, Jye Mullane and others in it under Des, these guys will eventually be weeded out, as we improve.

I respect what you're saying mate, but I think this is going to be similar to Dessies first go around, where by we'll struggle the first few years, until some talent is bought in.

Tedesco, Keary, Morris, L Mitchell, Manu, Hall, Aubusson, Lamb, Cronk and Radley versus, (right now), Elliott, Taufua, Garrick, Parker, Suli, Anderson, Kioa, DCE, Elgey and Funa.

One thing I'm hoping for is realism. We know that we are going to be squashed out wide. I hope outlr Forwards dominate the middle.

Des is an amazing coach in my eyes, with so much going for him. He can only do so much with the cattle at his disposal. Even at the Dogs, as the roster regressed due to cap management, so did form of their team.

So my expectation sits right about there. Won't be disappointed when we lose (which to be fair and likely, will be often), because I know it's a full rebuild, and just like when our backline had Nick Bradley Qalilawa, Mitch Creary, Michael Witt, Jye Mullane and others in it under Des, these guys will eventually be weeded out, as we improve.
Welcome back my fellow passionate Manly man @Ryan .
Thank you for your view and this is were I am coming from ....
I have yet to see our young blokes get done chalk and cheese by any line up this year and until I do I will then re asses and re address my posts
In the mean time I can only be optimistic and see the potential that these guys have under a new season and under a new coach like Des

Could not agree more with the difference of talent based on those mentioned....on paper it's a KO, pure and simple.
I do feel when adding Tom and in time (Hoppa) it will be closer yet still clearly lopsided in favour of the Roosters.
The beauty of Rugby league is the momentum created to allow these spectacular backs to cash in comes from within the engine room.
Manly have a powerful pack and will rival most here, to give them some chance.... "IF" some of our more less fancied backs, can take the opportunity and fly a little higher than expected.
With Des at the helm and this forward pack I have little doubt that Manly will earn great field position to post many points and win games....the big question will be these more unknown backs getting it done and personally feel they may suprise.

Could not agree more with the difference of talent based on those mentioned....on paper it's a KO, pure and simple.
I do feel when adding Tom and in time (Hoppa) it will be closer yet still clearly lopsided in favour of the Roosters.
The beauty of Rugby league is the momentum created to allow these spectacular backs to cash in comes from within the engine room.
Manly have a powerful pack and will rival most here, to give them some chance.... "IF" some of our more less fancied backs, can take the opportunity and fly a little higher than expected.
With Des at the helm and this forward pack I have little doubt that Manly will earn great field position to post many points and win games....the big question will be these more unknown backs getting it done and personally feel they may suprise.

Now that is a realistic view @maxta and not lets pack up our gear the season is over before it begins pessimistic view
Once we accept this mediocre way of thinking that we are going to have a mediocre season, then this is what we can only expect .
You get what you ask for in life !

A few wins builds confidence and with confidence comes momentum and the last thing any one wants to be in front of and trying to stop is a man with a mission and momentum .
Amongst every one of us there is a beast within waiting for the awakening
How badly do players want to win ? How much can their coach motivate them to be like man possessed and have this burning never say die desire to win at all costs ?

This is what a team list on paper and toilet paper have in common

In 2004 Greece won the Euro cup
Greece on paper were rated 100/1 to win
Greece had never qualified in the finals
On paper many time Euro cup champions Italy , Germany , Spain , France , Portugal , Denmark had a world class players against the Greek no name players
Greece won the cup and this was no fluke as they had to play against and win just about every one of those star studded teams and defied the odds though self belief and sheer determination

This is just one of many examples and proof of what power of belief is capable of
The pessimistic view has the opposite catastrophic results
download (2).jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10