Story: The new Des directive: Hasler leaving 'no stone unturned' at Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
SMH
By Sam Phillips

February 19, 2019

The new Des directive: Hasler leaving 'no stone unturned' at Manly

There are two types of players who will line up for Manly this season. Those who have played for Des Hasler before and those who haven't. The contrast between the two groups is fascinating.

Let's call them column A and column B.

In column A you have the fresh blood, experiencing the Hasler way for the first time.

They can't wait to talk about how tough the preseason has been, both physically and mentally.

The preseason has been filled with long, hot days in the field followed by nights spent studying film on iPads the players purchased themselves.

Tom Trbojevic is one of those players. "One word to describe [Hasler] would be tough," Trbojevic said. "Des has done it all in this game, not only as a coach but as a player.

"He’s won premierships here, he has made grand finals at the Dogs and he has a lot of knowledge of the game.

"I have really enjoyed learning that from him and bringing the principles that he brings."

The players in column A also believe the amount of work Hasler is putting into the team's defence – which was a glaring weakness last season – will work wonders.

"Just the way we played footy last year, we definitely need to bring some toughness in defence into the new year," Trbojevic said.

Full story link: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/th...-stone-unturned-at-manly-20190219-p50ysw.html

When is Dez breaking out the cows blood vials :p
giphy.gif

The players in column A also believe the amount of work Hasler is putting into the team's defence – which was a glaring weakness last season – will work wonders.They can't wait to talk about how tough the preseason has been, both physically and mentally.

One just wonders . What the fck was Trent doing ?

The players in column A also believe the amount of work Hasler is putting into the team's defence – which was a glaring weakness last season – will work wonders.They can't wait to talk about how tough the preseason has been, both physically and mentally.

he was too busy trying to be everyones best friend

he was too busy trying to be everyones best friend
Yep, and it was interesting one of the quotes from the Turbos recently where they said, in reference to Baz, they had developed a really strong “friendship” with him. Everything they are now saying makes me think that they now understand that a coach is not there to be friends with the playing group - yes, the best coaches build strong relationships with their players but there is a hierarchy that is indisputable.

Yep, and it was interesting one of the quotes from the Turbos recently where they said, in reference to Baz, they had developed a really strong “friendship” with him. Everything they are now saying makes me think that they now understand that a coach is not there to be friends with the playing group - yes, the best coaches build strong relationships with their players but there is a hierarchy that is indisputable.

Yep, the age old saying is so true - you can’t make it work by being the boss and everyone’s friend at the same time

There are two types of players who will line up for Manly this season. Those who have played for Des Hasler before and those who haven't.

How did such a ridiculous intro ever get past a sub-editor?

Note to 'writer' (and I use the term loosely): In every sporting team in the world there are players who have either played for the coach, or who haven't.

I employed hundreds of people over the many years I was in business , was I friendly towards them, of course, was I friends with them , never.

You just cannot be a friend AND a boss.

Doesn’t mean you have to be an aloof dickhead but they need to have the line drawn.

….yes, the best coaches build strong relationships with their players but there is a hierarchy that is indisputable.
Yes the best coaches build strong relationships with their players but there's a distinct line one does not cross (as drawn by most coaches). With Barrett the line was non-existent.

Drinking piss

Interesting comment,you were one of the people bagging the crap out of Des when he was struggling at the Dogs in 17,yet now he is your hero.Every pre-season for all clubs including lower levels is tough,do you have any inside knowledge about the difference in training regimes apart from the usual pre-season garbage marketing that the clubs throw at us every pre-season about how a new coach is getting the players fitter?

Interesting comment,you were one of the people bagging the crap out of Des when he was struggling at the Dogs in 17,yet now he is your hero.Every pre-season for all clubs including lower levels is tough,do you have any inside knowledge about the difference in training regimes apart from the usual pre-season garbage marketing that the clubs throw at us every pre-season about how a new coach is getting the players fitter?

Des left our the club . We were all pissed off and his last 2 years with the Dogs were ordinary and as always if you read my posts I call it as I see it . Des came back to us and all the disappointment from his departure is forgiven and his track record with MANLY is second to none and that is why he is my hero .
What qualifies you a better judge than any one on here about Pre- season training ?

Last edited:
Des left our the club . We were all pissed off and his last 2 years with the Dogs were ordinary and as always if you read my posts I call it as I see it . Des came back to us and all the disappointment from his departure is forgiven and his track record with MANLY is second to none and that is why he is my hero .
What qualifies you a better judge than any one on here about Pre- season training ?
Eff the track record...would you forgive Barrett if he came back?Yeah you probably would given your track record,you lick the butt of whatever the popular opinion is....when did I suggest that I was judging his pre season training?Good to see you are happy to paste the **** out of your hero and then later kiss his butt and his decisions when it suits you,but that is the popular culture.....why should you be any different.You destroy your hero on social media? and now love him?a little bi-polar?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8