Storm v Penrith ( Finals week 3 2021 )

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Saturday arvo 4pm at Suncorp.

Guess like many I couldn’t give a **** about this game BUT if we get to a GF we’ll be playing one of them.

So , who wins and why ??

Panthers, they win it in the middle, JFH, Leota and TPJ, get that rotation pounding the middle.

Panthers have had that tight game against the Eels, I am thinking they will give it their all, the teams that rested their (South’s & Storm) players turned out to be a good decision, this week it could count against them.

Panthers, they win it in the middle, JFH, Leota and TPJ, get that rotation pounding the middle.

Panthers have had that tight game against the Eels, I am thinking they will give it their all, the teams that rested their (South’s & Storm) players turned out to be a good decision, this week it could count against them.
It will be interesting to see how both rested teams turn up. Ordinarily the week off is such a big advantage, and likely still is, but sitting around at the team hotel in a bubble without the ability to ‘get away from footy’ might not have the same effect as in previous years. Or it will make them more focused and amplify the advantage!

It will be interesting to see how both rested teams turn up. Ordinarily the week off is such a big advantage, and likely still is, but sitting around at the team hotel in a bubble without the ability to ‘get away from footy’ might not have the same effect as in previous years. Or it will make them more focused and amplify the advantage!
Good point.

In the past the week off has been an advantage ( especially for minor injuries ) but these are very different times and I have a feeling momentum could be the real advantage.

I want Panthers to win that one.
Main reason - I have some panther friends.
Real main reason - I think Manly would have a better chance against Panthers if we make it through to the GF
Overriding main main reason that beats all other reasons - if Panthers win it means Storm lose. "Storm lose". I like those words, nice ring to them.

Can go either way, form and history supports the storm with the week off, but Penrith are battled hardened and seeking revenge, should be a cracker of a game, I don’t know who will win, but I want the riff to get up in an absolute demolition derby, it will be their GF from the revenge perspective and they will be ripe for the kill in the GF

Good point.

In the past the week off has been an advantage ( especially for minor injuries ) but these are very different times and I have a feeling momentum could be the real advantage.
It will be very interesting to see how it all unfolds and I suspect different teams would deal with it better. I reckon the our young team would struggle with a week off - they needed a humbling experience against the Storm (but perhaps not as humbling as it turned out).

For the Storm, I doubt it will make a difference. But for the Bunnies, it’s their 4th preliminary final in a row without getting through to the big one. I’d imagine sitting around their hotel for 2 weeks without a game might not be great for their anxiety - or at least that is what I am hoping for!!!

Many people might write the Panthers off based on their recent form but I have a feeling they are going to frighten the life out of the Storm. The Panthers defence is still top shelf should keep them in it all the way. If they hold the Storm early and get into the grind they are a good hope.

My starting point in any game is to cheer against the Storm so business as usual for me.

I think the NRL narrative is Manly v Melb GF and each team will get the rub accordingly.

Saturday arvo 4pm at Suncorp.

Guess like many I couldn’t give a **** about this game BUT if we get to a GF we’ll be playing one of them.

So , who wins and why ??
Best part of this match up, it's, stuff the GF lets get it on now. And hopefully a confidence boosted Manly side ready to take on the weary remnants of it.

I think the Panthers are a bit busted. Cleary’s shoulder isn’t right, and ever since he got injured they haven’t been the same attacking machine they once were. It’s thrown Luai off his game too. I also think some of their backs are liabilities in big games… Momorovski and Edwards for example.

They will defend well and stay in the fight but I think the Storm have too much class.

I think the Panthers are a bit busted. Cleary’s shoulder isn’t right, and ever since he got injured they haven’t been the same attacking machine they once were. It’s thrown Luai off his game too. I also think some of their backs are liabilities in big games… Momorovski and Edwards for example.

They will defend well and stay in the fight but I think the Storm have too much class.
Penrith's only chance of victory is their forwards stepping up. Cleary's boot will assist with that, but if their forwards get bested Melbourne will win easily.

Penrith fined 25k (big deal)

Trainer banned for rest of the season (wow...poss 2 whole games)
I'd think the panthers would be happy as with that. 25K for breaking down a play that could have won the eels the game.

Last edited:
Storm will win this I believe.

Penrith have recently been sub-optimal with the recent form a long way from earlier in the year when they beat Melbourne and had their huge win-streak.

To'o being injured is a huge out for them.

Cleary is easily the weakest of the remaining coaches, but if he can get his team up for this it will definitely improve his standing in my view.

At the start of the finals, I thought that Penrith stood the best shot of stopping the Storm - this is the only chance they will get. If Storm win this I think they win the GF - unless Penrith injure them or someone like Munster has a brain-snap and kicks someone again, getting suspended. Storm are just so strong this year.

I think the NRL narrative is Manly v Melb GF and each team will get the rub accordingly.
I'm curious why you think their narrative is Manly v Melb GF. Wouldn't they prefer Souths v Melb, or do you think they want to play on the Battle of Brookie + our new found favouritism with Turbo + the general Manly-Melb rivalry?

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8