Game Day: Storm v Manly [Round 19, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A ball going backwards depends on the velocity of the player throwing it. Someone standing still, its obvious. Someone at full pace throwing a ball backwards, will seem to move forward in relation to the lines on the field, but in reality if that player continued to run forward at that pace and didn't stop, and the receiving player took the ball behind the passing players position on the field, its been passed backwards even if the ball goes forward in relation to the lines on the field. For example if a passing player throws the ball a long way across the field and travels at that velocity a further ten metres before the receiving player catches the ball and the receiver catches the ball nine metres forward from the line where the ball was thrown, it is still a pass sent backwards. When a player is in motion, the lines on the field mean nothing, only the motion is important. I don't think referees understand this principle

All this is true, but it is also amazing that crowds usually get it right. When there is a collective groan, and we are all sitting at different angles.

I remember that game at Brookie vs Parra.

We used to call Walker the Waterboy because he looked a bit like Adam Sandler lol.

He gave us a lot more than Noddy in the halves yet was on 20% of Noddy's salary at the time!

the next day i tore out the back page of the tele(full page photo of the winning goal being kicked) and mailed it to a co-worker who was a parra supporter and i got my wife to write on the envelope so he couldn't recognise who it came from. i also work with his mother & she told me when he opened it he went batsh!t crazy.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8