Pre-Game Storm v Manly [Finals 1, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

40 12
Sunshine Coast Stadium
10 Sep 2021 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Not sure how Siro gets that last bench spot. He's hardly had any footy this year.

Losing Croker at last minute is a bummer, but I think Lawton can fill his shoes. Be interesting to see how he goes playing 80 minutes though

Yes I don’t think there will be much in it but nor do I expect it to be golden point.

My summation is a pretty tight game with one side getting the ascendency in the last 15-20 minutes , which will either be,

Us , with Tommy on fire and scoring some freakish try’s to win the game.

Them, after we implode with mistakes as we can’t crack them and they get the ascendency and score a couple of quick ones to take it away.
Wonder what Croker out does for our team dynamics. Surely des has not him for Lawton injuried or sick.

Do you think we gain or lose having Croker out ?

Say what you want about him but he has been very solid for us at nine and I think our team dynamics suffers because of his out.
I think he’s been terrific this season.He’s played the perfect role to what the team needs.At least Lawton is a genuine dummy half but not sure how his fitness will be playing there for maybe 80 minutes.It may change the way Walker is used,although I’m not keen to see how he goes playing 9.

I think he’s been terrific this season.He’s played the perfect role to what the team needs.At least Lawton is a genuine dummy half but not sure how his fitness will be playing there for maybe 80 minutes.It may change the way Walker is used,although I’m not keen to see how he goes playing 9.
Hopefully it is a genuine injury or sickness and des has not dropped him.

Agree walker at 9 for any stage of this match I don't like.

Let's see what does has to offer with Lawton at 9 tomorrow night.

Crocker out is a big surprise. Surely there's an injury that's "flown under the radar". At the start of the year, I would have thought Croker being out was a good thing, but he's played the whole season there and done a solid job. More importantly, the team is used to having him there. I like Lawton a lot, but this strikes me as a big out.

With Lawton in the run-on side, I'd probably opt for Suli to get the last bench spot to cover the backs or come off the bench for some extra strike if we need it.

My confidence just plummeted hearing this. That just disrupts our balance and continuity. Admittedly we don't rely on Croker to play a major attacking role from dummy half and I think Lawton will cover the defense role ok but jeez I wanted to see us go in full strength and full confidence. I just hope Lawton knows the plays and picks the right moments for Tom, DCE and Jake.

Croker must have picked up an injury. Lawton will know all the plays no risk. 80 min will be the challenge, but he is a goer.

My confidence just plummeted hearing this. That just disrupts our balance and continuity. Admittedly we don't rely on Croker to play a major attacking role from dummy half and I think Lawton will cover the defense role ok but jeez I wanted to see us go in full strength and full confidence. I just hope Lawton knows the plays and picks the right moments for Tom, DCE and Jake.
That's the big thing now I worry tomorrow while Croker is not the best number 9 out there he has been very solid and has built nice steady combinations as you said with DCE, make and Tom.

That team dynamic is now not there tomorrow night, Lawton better be on his game and know our plays.

Could be a masterstroke from Des or be the downfall for us , the 9 is so crucial these days.

It’s definitely a bit of a loss… I like Lawton but I’m not sure he has the footy smarts and cohesion with the rest of the spine that Croker does.

Crocker out is a big surprise. Surely there's an injury that's "flown under the radar". At the start of the year, I would have thought Croker being out was a good thing, but he's played the whole season there and done a solid job. More importantly, the team is used to having him there. I like Lawton a lot, but this strikes me as a big out.

With Lawton in the run-on side, I'd probably opt for Suli to get the last bench spot to cover the backs or come off the bench for some extra strike if we need it.
People won't agree with you but I do Croker out is a huge out for us. The team dynamics won't be the same tomorrow night, he has built solid combinations with DCE Tom and others.

I hope I am wrong but really don't like our chances now he is out.

Isn’t that what Walkers there for?

I reckon Lawton is gonna play the house down, finally gets a start in his natural position. Fitness won't be an issue (adrenaline will see him through). Id rather Walker keppie paseka and sipley instead of sironen on the bench. And just bash the **** out of the storms forwards, gonna be a big ask but if anyone can do it it's the boys from brookie.
Like your confidence !!

Any reports on what injury Croker has picked up? Not a chance in hell that Des has dropped him. Lawton will do a great job at dummy-half though. Go Manly

Injury or illness would definitely be the reason Croker is out. A big loss - his defence, organisation, support play & occasional kicking will be missed. Our markers will need to be awake whenever Smith or Grant run from dummy half. Wonder if it will be Sironen or Sipley actually in the seventeen?

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10