Storm/Roosters always getting that Advantage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This S...s me as well. I had some respect left for V,Landy,s , that just got flushed down the toilet. The rule will be staying, other clubs can try it, good luck with that. The part that irks me the most is that the rorters dont try and hide it, they just throw it in the faces of other clubs. They are just plain arrogant and dont care. Arko was never this bad, no way

Rule are rules Vlandys that every club has agreed to and expects the governing body to uphold, if they allow the Rorters to play this 17 year old boy and for Vlandys to say is an exceptional player, well Tommy Turbo was exceptional at 17 and he did not make his debut till he was 18!

The NRL must reject this rorter request or then change the rule so that ALL clubs can blood talented youngsters!!

This is an example of why I am luke warm about V’Landys.

I think he is probably as narcissistic as the blokes before him, it just manifests itself differently.
If the thinning Gordon Geckoesque hairstyle is anything to go by, you could be on the money.

The King of Rugba League’s sartorial turnout leaves a lot to be desired though.

Hardly surprising but the NRL decision is a fait accompli. Don't expect consistency though, it's overrated......

"Regardless of the outcome in Suaalii’s application before the Commission, V’landys reiterated the age rule will remain unchanged.

“It was never going to be a blanket change to the rule. There is a rule that gives the Commission discretion on all rules,” V’landys said.

“We didn’t want rules that are too prescriptive and at times not in the best interest of the games.

“So the age rule is still there. But we can consider specific cases.”

No deadline has been placed on the Roosters to finalise the application but a resolution is expected “soon”.

V’landys also credited the professionalism in which the Roosters have handled the situation.
“The Roosters have taken this process very seriously because they want to make sure they are doing the right thing,” he said.

“I complement the Roosters and the way they have handled it because they have handled this with great care.”
The ARLC Chairman is not expecting a flood of similar applications from other clubs if the Commission does grant the Roosters dispensation to blood Suaalii,
This young gentlemen is a real exception. But any club is able to make an application on this or any matter,” he said."
BULLSH*T.

I've got no problem with the Storm Sutton situation at all. Sutton is now a free agent and Storm were smart enough to take advantage. The Roosters Suali situation is a bit more grey. What is the rule there for? Is it to stop kids who aren't physically ready? If that's the case the rule should be based on height/weight/strength ratios. A rule based on age is surely about protecting kids that aren't mentally ready to deal with the limelight of the big time and allowing them to develop off the field as well as on. IMO the real test of this rule will come when other clubs start making applications for exemptions.

I still recall as a kid seeing a gruesome newspaper photo, pretty sure it was on the front page, of a boom 17 year old prop (the name Kevin Gibson comes to mind but could be wrong). St George had thought it was a good idea to put him in against the fearsome Souths pack of the time. The photo was an 'after' shot, namely after the Souths pack had finished with him. His face looked like a dropped pie, I think that was the end of him and he never played again.

I still have a vivid memory of 7news interviewing ET at his school before his debut game as a 17 year old. I remember thinking **** this kid is only a couple of years older than me and he’s about to play first grade. Not all young debutants crash and burn.

I still have a vivid memory of 7news interviewing ET at his school before his debut game as a 17 year old. I remember thinking **** this kid is only a couple of years older than me and he’s about to play first grade. Not all young debutants crash and burn.
Firstly agree 100% true, as a good mate - Adam Ritson at 17 - 18 could have gone far if not for unfortunate circumstances after a high Lomax tackle actually saved him long term, at the time running over the likes of Chief Harrigan, but didn't like getting hit by Rodney Howe....and many more like Fittler and Manlys choir boy Tooves was an instant hit.
I do recall a few tough Manly youngsters pushed too early and had ultra short careers...
1 was Dallas Rennie who never really went anywhere??
The other was some Massive forward Weepu, who got taken out by Ricketson in a tackle that today would be called up, but in the day was fair enough.
I actually feel Manly need to give youngsters with potential a go in today's Super fast game, as there's nothing worse than selecting an average player with experience to play it safe, over a potential superstar awaiting opportunities when the Seaeagles faithful are awaiting that young exciting player to take their opportunity...

Firstly agree 100% true, as a good mate - Adam Ritson at 17 - 18 could have gone far if not for unfortunate circumstances after a high Lomax tackle actually saved him long term, at the time running over the likes of Chief Harrigan, but didn't like getting hit by Rodney Howe....and many more like Fittler and Manlys choir boy Tooves was an instant hit.
I do recall a few tough Manly youngsters pushed too early and had ultra short careers...
1 was Dallas Rennie who never really went anywhere??
The other was some Massive forward Weepu, who got taken out by Ricketson in a tackle that today would be called up, but in the day was fair enough.
I actually feel Manly need to give youngsters with potential a go in today's Super fast game, as there's nothing worse than selecting an average player with experience to play it safe, over a potential superstar awaiting opportunities when the Seaeagles faithful are awaiting that young exciting player to take their opportunity...
Completely agree, teams can't target players the way they used to. Toughness is useful but not a prerequisite these days, Kalyn Ponga is a perfect example.

Rule are rules Vlandys that every club has agreed to and expects the governing body to uphold, if they allow the Rorters to play this 17 year old boy and for Vlandys to say is an exceptional player, well Tommy Turbo was exceptional at 17 and he did not make his debut till he was 18!

The NRL must reject this rorter request or then change the rule so that ALL clubs can blood talented youngsters!!
Money talks.

The kid will definitely have a target on his back! He'll either handle it or he'll get hammered from pillar to post at which time the Roosters will moan & whine like cows of dirty tactics used to take him out & expect that the referees should protect him more........

Hardly surprising but the NRL decision is a fait accompli. Don't expect consistency though, it's overrated......

"Regardless of the outcome in Suaalii’s application before the Commission, V’landys reiterated the age rule will remain unchanged.

“It was never going to be a blanket change to the rule. There is a rule that gives the Commission discretion on all rules,” V’landys said.

“We didn’t want rules that are too prescriptive and at times not in the best interest of the games.

“So the age rule is still there. But we can consider specific cases.”

No deadline has been placed on the Roosters to finalise the application but a resolution is expected “soon”.

V’landys also credited the professionalism in which the Roosters have handled the situation.
“The Roosters have taken this process very seriously because they want to make sure they are doing the right thing,” he said.

“I complement the Roosters and the way they have handled it because they have handled this with great care.”
The ARLC Chairman is not expecting a flood of similar applications from other clubs if the Commission does grant the Roosters dispensation to blood Suaalii,
This young gentlemen is a real exception. But any club is able to make an application on this or any matter,” he said."
What a load of BS, V'landys is no better than Greenturd IMO, the Status Quo remains, it's still the same old clubs being looked after by the hierarchy

What a load of BS, V'landys is no better than Greenturd IMO, the Status Quo remains, it's still the same old clubs being looked after by the hierarchy
He is just not slimy and vindictive ike Greenturd was (especially towards Manly. Greenturd's hatred of Manly was obvious especially with a lot of the rulings, investigations and punishments handed out to both the Club and our players).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4