Storm protected species

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Watch the Video highlights
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,24056394-5006066,00.html

any team struggle to beat the Storm but with 12 it was imposible
why wasn't Lima sent also ?
Billy Slater got binned for running in throwing 30 uppercuts should have been sent

Dally M points from last nite
3 points Gavin Badger
2 CAm smith
1 Folau

Agree they get every rub of the green down there, it will be interesting if there are any sightings from the brawal - a similar brawl in the Toyota Cup on the weekend there were something like 8 players sighted.

Slater should have been sent off, whoever it was who put the grapple on Soward should be sighted and out for 2 weeks.

Lima should have been gone, the way he was throwing Soward around like he was a rag doll when all Soward wanted to do was walk away.

Ryles being sent was the biggest joke ever

Thanks for posting the video link. The commentators got it right, an over-reaction from the ref.

The only point I will make here is that News Ltd owns the Storm, owns half the NRL and completely owns the referees.

The ref didn't want to send a fellow employee off.

The sooner professional sports can be run by professional sports bodies and not by media companies the better.

But not in our lifetimes...

Watch & learn manly this is what we should also do at brookie in a few weeks muscle up like the dragons did payback for what crocker did to snake in the grand final.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
Watch & learn manly this is what we should also do at brookie in a few weeks muscle up like the dragons did payback for what crocker did to snake in the grand final.

I agree, bash the shyte outta them...at the moment, I don't think that they are all that scared of playing us. We have to earn their respect and another insipid display against them at Brookie will do irrepairable damage if we happen to meet them in a semi or grand final. As I said, we don't have to win, but we need to let them know in no uncertain terms that a victory against us is gonna have to come at a cost and be done with a fair bit of pain. Bring in Gus for one of his war speeches!!

I saw Parra really take it to them and belt them in the final last year and since then I haven't seen any team take this approach. Why? It almost worked

Our best chance is if someone else beats them in the finals. I dont think we have the team or style of play to beat them. I hope the boys prove me wrong. 

I reckon if either Inglis or Smith get injured they will be in trouble - that is our best hope

I can't stand the bastards

I received a message last night from someone saying they don't care what it costs us, they want to see Matai removing heads when we play them lol

I like the sound of the plan, but Matai is crucial to us at the moment, so i am all for Des promoting a mongrel from nowhere with instuctions to maim

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I can't stand the bastards

I received a message last night from someone saying they don't care what it costs us, they want to see Matai removing heads when we play them lol

I like the sound of the plan, but Matai is crucial to us at the moment, so i am all for Des promoting a mongrel from nowhere with instuctions to maim

I like where your head is at, Kiwi Eagle!! ;D

Perry goes allright in a stink as well.  He is like O'Meally - you can hit him but he doesn't feel it. 

Des needs to send Perry on a destroy Melbourne mission when we play them. 

I think Kiwi is on to something.  Send in a few forwards from the reggies with instructions to maim a couple of them.  We don't want to lose Perry or any other valuable first graders in a stink.  Good idea.  However I believe we'll be able to beat them at Brookie with stout defense and keeping them away from our line, ala rorters.  The most dangerous player they have imo is Slater.  His kick returns are very dangerous.  When he was of the park against the dragqueens Melb seemed to falter.  When he was back they stepped up.  Mind you, Ryles send off didn't hurt their game.   

Stuart: Storm are grappling again

By Todd Balym
    July 22, 2008
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24061479-23214,00.html

CRONULLA coach Ricky Stuart has reignited grapple-mania by claiming NRL premiers Melbourne had gone back to old ways of wrestling players around the head.
Stuart said the NRL had eased off policing of grapple tackles, enabling the Storm to go back to controversial wrestling techniques which he believed contributed to the ill-feeling in their win over St George Illawarra at Olympic Park on Monday night.

"The month or six week period where the referees are jumping on top of it is over," Stuart told Sydney radio station 2KY.

"Now they're (Melbourne) back into it again and it's coming into the most important stage of the season.

"There's a technique on how they attack the head and they're getting away with it again.

"I'm a big advocate of keeping away from the player's head.

"We don't coach it, we don' train it. I, like any coach, will do as much as you have to do to win but I won't wrestle a player around the head.

"It's just not good for the game, it's not good for kids to see ... but we've all of a sudden gone lenient on it again with Melbourne.

"I'll put my chin out there again (by speaking out) to get it whacked but someone has to do it because it shouldn't be in the game."

Storm chief executive Brian Waldron laughed off Stuart's accusations insisting the Sharks boss was only trying to derail Melbourne's campaign.

"We concern ourselves in what the NRL say," said Waldron.

"We have been down the path of officials and clubs stirring up the pot. At the end of the day it's just water off a duck's back unless it gets personal."

Referees boss Robert Finch refuted Stuart's claims that whistleblowers had gone easy on grappling and says they are always mindful of unnecessary contact to the head and neck region.

"We have penalised it all year ... and we will continue to penalise it when we identify it and if we don't get it the judiciary will," said Finch.

"I'm not talking about a club, I'm talking about all clubs.

"We are aware of grappling and will do our best to penalise it and I'm sure the judiciary are doing their best to eradicate it as well."

Dragons half-back Ben Hornby said his players had no particular concerns about Melbourne's tackling techniques in last night's loss.

"Who really cares? If the ref is happy to let it go then let it go," said Hornby.

"It is all fair once you're out on the field."

AAP

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4